severe shoulder ..neck....back soreness and pain

[Co...]

I am 3 weeks free and mostly in a window for last 3-4 days...should not be complaining BUT.... I have developed very painful shoulder...neck and back pain. This is soreness...stiffness and stabbing pain...does not let up.  Causing otherwise improved sleep to be ruined. I finally gave I gave in and took 15 mg codiene. This is a very small dose of codiene and I coupled it with 162mg of chewable aspirin.....no real relief ( maybe took the edge off)

.......I am really hoping I have not screwdriver up an otherwise wonderful relief of s/x...I really couldn't stand it anymore....and I have a very good tolerance to pain....I will say,  that even though this really really hurts and causes a headache as well I still think it is preferable to all the mind...emotional...cognitive and nuerological s/x.

.........Does anyone know if a low dose of codiene muddles up early recovery.....and what have others done for the body aches that literally feels like a truck ran over them?... thanks for any suggestions and support.....cooperten

Hi, I don't think taking the codeine once in a while will hurt your recovery.  I also have neck and shoulder issues.  Ibuprofen is what seems to work best for me, three tablets when the pain is bad.  But I don't take it everyday.  I've always held a lot of tension in my neck/shoulder area, but it got much worse during withdrawal.  I also sometimes take "Robax," which is made in Canada, it's an OTC muscle relaxer.  It helps, and I get it on Amazon--but it's quite expensive so I don't take it that often either.

Hope this helps.

:thumbsup:

Megan...thank you so much....I called my physical therapist and he suggested heavy moist hot packs ( several rolled towels ..wet and rung out and heated in the micro and then rolled in dry towels.. careful not to burn your skin).. a moderate dose of inbuprofen coupled with a moderate dose of aspirin....this has been very very helpful.  The heated towel hot pack feels just wonderful ( it needs to be fairly heavy....about 4 good sized hand towels wet..rung..heated...about 60 sec in micro....rolled in 2 dry towels).....physical therapist advises only to use ibeuprofen plus aspirin in combined dose infrequently when pain is intense. Also says ibueprofen can be alternated with aspirin each 4-6 hours more frequently.

......hope this does not sound like medical advice....I am passing on suggestions from my physical therapist....it has been helpful to me., but may not be right ..or effective for others. If it helps anyone I am happy to have passed it on

.........wishing everyone a peaceful day and happy Holidays.....cooper...