Still chest pains

[Ge...]

Hi everyone. I am 3 months off xanax, took 0.75 a day for 7 months. I still experience chest pains every day. I am so tired of it. Don't know what to think of it. Cardio work up all normal, only some skipped beats and mild mitral valve prolapse. Cardio docs are already tired of me complaining. The only test that i haven't done yet is catherization, but the say its stupid to do it, because i am 31 female with no risk factors and all other tests normal.

However, i still experience chest pains every day. I did feel some pains when i was on xanax, but not more then 2-3 times a week. Then since off xanax I feel it everyday thruout the day. Sometimes i feel that scary stabbing pain in the middle which lasts only seconds but triggers panic attack. These happen rarely. But then there are pains that mostly on the right side which are squeezing, pressure like pains. It could sometimes e right above my right breast and goes towards the armpit. What could this be?

I had breast ultrasound done, normal. Also had neck and thoracic mri, chest mri, all normal. Cardiac and pulmonary ct scan normal. Don't even know what other tests i could ask for.

On some site i read about microvascular angina, but 2 cardios that i see, said they don't think i could have it.

I am so tired of going to ER for it. Some days I could barrely feel the pain, and some its really bad.

Could this still be somehow related to benzos? I want o mention that a year ago, before all this i was totally healthy with no pains ever.

Hank you everyone for support. 

It is a really common symptom!! I had complete heart work up also. Thought for sure I was having heart problems. Our bodies are use to the relaxation of the benzo and it takes many months to heal and right itself. My heart would flip out of control and would have chest pains. At times would feel like it was trying to beat itself out of my back also.

Have you read up on it in the ashton manual? Also a lot of buddies on this forum have posted this symptom, look for them, they will help ease your mind. Very very common. Try not to worry, My best,    Jude

Thanks for reply. I have posted before here about chest pains, but its been 3 months and pain still there. What bothers me is that it is mostly located in one spot above my right breast and sometimes radiates towards middle, but sometimes towards armpit. So, now i start to think maybe its cancer if its not lungs or heart. So scary. Of corse i have tingling, squeezing, pinch like pains all over chest, right and left. Sometimes, rarely have those shooting pains. But on everyday bases have pain on the right side which feels like squeezing, pressure like. Its everyday, on and off.

Can it be benzos? Also, after your cardiac work up was negative, how did you make peace with the thought that its not heart. I try to tell that myself, but still think what if this time it is heart and i am just sitting home and not taking action.

I was relieved after report that my heart was fine. So stepped up walk/jogging. Just knowing it was fine set my heart at ease. It acts up now and again, but it's just withdraw. The first several months it was a constant pain but as time heals it is less and less...... Jude

Did yours feel like muscle or rib pain. Mine often feels like something is going to break or tear appart in the chest area. Very painfull and this sometimes trigers a panic attack. Its mostly above my right breast and sometimes radites towards the middle or towards armpit. It scares me so much. Plus whem i go read about chest pains online, it says everywhere go to ER, but I cant go everytime i have the pain because I have it almost everyday. Ohh, this is such a bad symptom. Why cant it hurt somewhere else, not chest, this is like the most vital area.

Yes it was very painful....try and not worry it makes it worse with the anxiety. Stay busy with projects or meditation,easy listening music etc. Relaxation is the key to relieving the pain.  Jude :smitten:

Thank you. I hope it goes away soon. I am so tired of this pain. I feel chest pains for the past 3 months. It started as soon as I took last dose of xanax. On 3rd day I was even admitted to a hospital for 2 days because the pain was so severe and they couldnt figure out what was causing it.