Who felt better as they tapered?

[So...]

I swore that I was not going to post any more questions, because I end up becoming more and more afraid to start my taper. But, I really hate how the Ativan is making me feel.

The lethargic feeling. The not having a brain without the fog. Not having much of an appetite. Not wanting to be around other people. The anxiety!!

All of this on top of what is left over from my c/t of Xanax. I can handle most of that, except for the fear of food that I still have. I am still losing weight. Now down by 43 lbs in four months.

The only thing reinstating helped, was the svt attacks that were becoming more frequent. I haven't had one since. Knock on wood!!

So, please tell me that I will feel better as I start to get this drug out of my body!!

Would really like some encouragement before I get my taper started in a week.

Thanks my BB friends!!

Denise  :smitten:

I felt better as I tapered. Actually I started to feel better as soon as I crossed over to valium, I did not know that I was more or less in a state of paradoxical reaction from my benzo of 28 years. I can't believe that I suffered to that extent and so needlessly for so many years.

I know you'll do well Denise! :smitten:

Chin :thumbsup:

Thank you, my lovely Chinook friend!!

You know how nervous I am getting. But, I am so sick of feeling this way.

I just hope I don't end up feeling worse than my c/t. Because, I kind of do now.  :-[

Denise,

I started tapering on Dec. 8, from 1 mg Ativan (in my case the generic lorazepam) to .825, a cut of 1/8, or.125. I felt better because I was taking an action, and I'm sure you will too. I had some s/x, but in my case I struggle with major depression as well so I'm sure that exacerbated the symptoms. Tomorrow I am due to make another cut, (I am dry cutting so far) and think I will only cut  .0625, and see how that goes.

It sounds like you have a good plan in place, and we're here to support. We'll all get through this and by this time next year hopefully be benzo free and healed.

Merry Christmas,

Joy

Thanks Joy!!

I am so ready to get this going, but still very nervous.

Have you thought about doing a daily taper? From what I understand, it is less traumatizing to our bodies.

Yes, we will get through this with the support from our great BB friends!!

Denise,

I started tapering on Dec. 8, from 1 mg Ativan (in my case the generic lorazepam) to .825, a cut of 1/8, or.125. I felt better because I was taking an action, and I'm sure you will too. I had some s/x, but in my case I struggle with major depression as well so I'm sure that exacerbated the symptoms. Tomorrow I am due to make another cut, (I am dry cutting so far) and think I will only cut  .0625, and see how that goes.

It sounds like you have a good plan in place, and we're here to support. We'll all get through this and by this time next year hopefully be benzo free and healed.

Merry Christmas,

Joy

I agree.  I think I feel better just knowing that I'm tapering.

I'm tapering really slowly, but it's what I feel I can handle.  Eventually I'll get off benzos.

Denise, good luck to you.  I don't think anyone can tell you if you will feel better or not, because everyone is different.  I definitely don't think you would feel as bad as a c/t.    Here's to positive thoughts and hoping you will feel better.  :smitten:

Thank you, Disney Girl!!

I think that I will feel better just knowing that I am removing this poison, a little bit every day.

Sending love and healing to you!!

Such an encouraging and supportive thread .. :smitten:

Thank you for your good will, as I too am frightened to start the daily micro tapering ..

Denise has been a Godsend to me, trying to help me along .. :smitten: Denise, what do you mean that the svt attacks were becoming more frequent? I wonder if I have that too, as I suffer from countless symptoms .. :(

Wishing everyone safe tapering, and many blessings ..Being there for one another, we will make it across ..

Love, Anu :hug:

Hi Anu,

My svt attacks are an electrical problem I have with my heart. Light a light switch, my heart rate hits 220 bpm. If I can't get myself out of them, I end up in the ER where they have to convert my heart rate back to a normal rythm. I have had this since I was a teenager.

We will get through our taper!! We must both have faith.  :)

Hi Anu,

My svt attacks are an electrical problem I have with my heart. Light a light switch, my heart rate hits 220 bpm. If I can't get myself out of them, I end up in the ER where they have to convert my heart rate back to a normal rythm. I have had this since I was a teenager.

We will get through our taper!! We must both have faith.  :)

Oh my, your heart rate gets up to 220?  What does that feel like?  It can't be a good feeling.  Are you in danger of having a stroke or heart attack when it's that high?  What causes this?

It is just something I was born with. Yes, it is very uncomfortable. I get the symptoms of a heart attack when it happens. It really isn't that dangerous, unless I can't get out of it within a certain amount if time. I have been told to call an ambulance after twenty minutes, if I haven't been able to get myself out of it.

I never really had much of a problem getting myself out of them, until my c/t. Then my heart rate was so high, that I couldn't get it converted back. So, I ended up with my very first ambulance ride, and scared to death. I had three within six weeks. I usually don't have but maybe one every three or four years.

Hi:

You've gotten good advice here Denise. Your wise not to start the taper until after the holidays. You won't have the C/T problems now. Take it from me. I C/T from 13 mg of xanax and I know exactly how terrible it is. A trip to hell is better put.

I am doing a taper now off of klopnopin, slowly cross tapering to valium, but I am on such a high dose of k right now that this is in order. So far, I've dropped about 4 mg of K and except for insomnia, have had no side effects from it. It's not the same as a C/T, which IMHO is tragic and cruel. Once you start tapering you'll start to feel better and better. Me thinks your over thinking things, expecting the worst. I can't blame you, with your C/T experience. Once you start tapering, your body will tell you what's right. I think you'll be just fine. Enjoy the holidays and your New Year's resolution is to get off the benzo. You will, not to worry. Good luck. Keep us posted. Betsy

Denise:

Just an after thought.  Every time I drop a dose of K, I feel better. As I continue to drop, I expect things to improve each time, and so will you. Betsy

Hi,

I have felt better during my taper from k.  As soon as I started tapering, one of my major tolerance w/d symptoms disappeared.  As I've gotten lower, I have felt more clarity and less depression.

Good luck to you - Merry Christmas, Denise!

Ellen

Thanks benzogirl,

Yes!! Doing a c/t is horrible. But, in some ways I felt better then, than I do now. Just different symptoms.

I am so hoping that I will feel better as I start dropping my dose.

I am tired of how the Ativan is making me feel.

I am so happy that things are working out well for you!!

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Wishing you Happy Holidays, and continued healing!!

Hi Denise:

Just want to say have a great holiday and don't worry about your taper. You've gotten lots of encouragement from BBers in the know. You'll be just fine with your taper. Hugs, Betsy

Thanks benzogirl!!

The support here is amazing. I am glad to have such a great support system for the tough times. And, the good times to come!!  :)

You have a wonderful Holiday, too!!

Just wanted to add my two cents; I felt better and better the lower my dose of Lorazepam got, during my taper.  When I stepped off at the end I was left with some insomnia, but very few other symptoms.  It is possible that you will have a similar experience if you taper appropriately.  Good Luck!

Just wanted to add my two cents; I felt better and better the lower my dose of Lorazepam got, during my taper.  When I stepped off at the end I was left with some insomnia, but very few other symptoms.  It is possible that you will have a similar experience if you taper appropriately.  Good Luck!

Thanks Mariposabell,

I am hoping for that exact thing!!  :)

How long have you been off now?

Wishing you a wonderful Holiday season!!