Can u heal from Benzos while on Hormone replacement drugs???

[Mr...]

Has any one ever healed from benzos while on any kind of hormone replacement drugs? Or thyroid medication? I'm on andro gel cause my body does not produce test any more and wondering if I can still heal from my valium taper? Please any input?

Mr scared

[59...]
Yeah. For sure. I'm on hydrocortisone/Armour Thyroid right now, and it's definitely possible... actually, it WILL happen.. our bodies are 100% of the time trying to heal themselves... you'll get there.

I wish I knew as well. Before the taper, I was on 1 mg. of Armour Thyroid. Then when the serious tapering began, my doctor upped it to 2 mg. That worked for a while but I started to crash very badly and backed it down to 1 mg. feeling better. Also having had a surgical hysterectomy, I have been on estrogen and progesterone replacement therapy but...the latter needed to be adjusted almost on a daily basis depending upon the severity of the withdrawal, and the stress of daily circumstances. I wish someone would write a book about this for both males and females. How can the endocrine system not be affected by one of the worst train wrecks of one's life to the body that could last a lifetime?

I'm afraid of that also. My body has been through so much I am afraid another withdrawal will cause it to just give up functioning normally for good. At this point I feel like I have thrown everything to the wall and nothing is sticking. Only now there is also a mess on the floor. Dumb metaphor.

I would hope and assume so. I had stopped my HRT about 3 weeks before starting my taper. Then the results of that hit me. Sheets and nightie completely soaked in sweat, hot flashes that felt like my body was going to explode. I wondered "why is this withdrawal worse than any other time?" Lucky for me I came here and reinstated my estrogen and progesterone, it's been 2 weeks now and I'm better than I was, but still having symptoms. It would have been a nightmare if I would have not reinstated the hormones. One thing at a time.

Has any one ever healed from benzos while on any kind of hormone replacement drugs? Or thyroid medication? I'm on andro gel cause my body does not produce test any more and wondering if I can still heal from my valium taper? Please any input?

Mr scared

I've been on HRT for 19 years.  I tapered nearly two years ago and am doing very well.  No known or suspected problems due to the hormone replacement.

Challis  :highfive: