Example of a Valium/Diazepam Daily Reduction Method

[Di...]

I noticed a big difference switching over to liquid plus tablets and not feeling well at all today. I have a fast metabolism and notice within 15 hours of any changes. I stayed on 6mg tablets dry for 2 weeks. I was taking two 2mg tablet at night and one 2mg tablet daytime. Lastnight I took one dry and the other one liquid. I did not reduce yet. Is this normal?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [bu...]

• [me...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Its extremely unlikely you would feel the effects of any change in diazepam dosing, (timing, form, amount, etc) that quickly.  Because of its long half-life, short-term variations are not ging to be felt for 3-10 days.

There were days I missed an entire days doses and made it up the next day.  I never felt anything from it.

Yes I do. It's not Psychological. My sxs are stomach problems, muscle aches, sleep, some confusion. I have noticed each time I have cut and about 15 hours in. It all depends on each person metabolism. So I shouldn;t have felt anything from the switch over?

Yes I do. It's not Psychological. My sxs are stomach problems, muscle aches, sleep, some confusion. I have noticed each time I have cut and about 15 hours in. It all depends on each person metabolism. So I shouldn;t have felt anything from the switch over?

The same thing happened to me... and others on here.

For whatever reason, sometimes it takes certain people 1-2 weeks to adjust to the liquid before everything settles down.

When I switched to liquid Valium, it felt like a big cut, I didn't want to wait it out, and I've just been shaving pills.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I am tapering 27 mg of Valium  using pills and plan to ask my doctor for the Valium oral solution by Roxanne Labratories. I want to cut 1 mg a month.

In reading your article it sounds  like if I'm using the 1 to 1 ratio I Will need to make up 100 mL of solution every single day 99ml of water and 1ml of Valium. I start drinking the whole 100 the first day and then you making the same hundred milliliters of solution every singe day but cut out and dispose of a little more each day as time goes on until I have cut my full 1 mg in a month.

I actually thought just getting 5 mg which equals 5 mL would take me through five months.

I'm Confused now if I need to put a whole ml  in the 99 mL of water for my cutting Dose every single day. 5 mg per 5 mL of diazepam liquid I think would only last me five days. I'm bad with the math I'm sorry Or would that be 25 mL of liquid diazepam in 5 mg. Then it would last me 25 days.

Can you give me an idea of how much I should suggest my doctor write out my prescription for. Although I know he will make the decision but I would just like your opinion

I See him once a month and he does give me a refill.

Eventually I'll get this figured out and have my husband read all these notes to try to help me but I'm very confused.

This is not what I had expected I'm just starting to learn today and I have talk to builder.

I thought I would make 100 mL of solution and then just take my dose from same jar solution for up to two weeks and then make a new batch.

In Fact I was pretty sure he did say my batch would  last up to two weeks.

Just Getting another opinion I hate to keep bugging him but I probably will get in touch again.

I totally support any help you can give me at your convenience thank you very much

Pam follows a "pull to discard" procedure...make a batch each day, take out and discard your "cut", and drink the rest.

That makes sense with milk, which 1) has a limited shelf life, and 2) can only be prepared in increments of 1mg.  Rx liquid does have those limitations, so you can indeed make a batch for several days and just extract and drink whatever you need for a given day.

Just for clarification, I don't "discard" anything. I wrote the method the way I did for simplicity, because it's very easy to confuse people by using the "pull to dose" or "pull to discard" terminology (so I avoid it).

However, I do specifically say that you can either choose to discard the left overs or you can use them for your next dose. Of course in the early stages you will need to make a new batch every day, but as the amount you are taking gets lower, your batch will last longer.

You simply take the dose you need out of the solution and use the rest as part or all of your next dose. You can either do that by "pulling" out the dose you are taking, or "pulling" out the amount you are keeping for your next dose. You will do both depending on how much you have to measure.

For example, at the beginning if you are drinking say 80ml, obviously it is easier to pull out 20ml and keep that for your next dose (or throw it away if you can't be bothered keeping it), and drink what's left (ie 80ml), but towards the end when you are actually drinking just the 20ml it is easier to pull that 20ml, drink it, and keep what's left for your next dose. 

Sorry Debbylynn. Just re-reading your post and I'm not sure that I actually answered your question fully.

Initially you will need to make up a 100ml solution daily, because if you are reducing 1mg over a month that will be a 3ml reduction per day (of the 100ml). So on the first day you will drink 97ml of the 100ml, the second day you will drink 94ml of the 100ml, the third day you will drink 91ml of the 100ml etc.

So you can see that each day the bit that is left over gets larger and larger, and you can keep it to use as part of your next day's dose. As you continue to drink less and less of that 100ml each day, you will have more and more left over, so there will come a point where you might only make up a new batch every second day, then every third day etc. So a whole bottle of liquid valium should last you quite a while.

I personally don't think it's good to keep a batch in use for too long anyway, in case there is some loss of potency of the valium. I always made it a personal rule that I only kept a batch going for up to 5 days.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Diaz-Pam, read your taper information, it really spells it all out, I have more than a grain of sand today, maybe a small shovel, but i am leaning towards maybe a lig vodka taper when i get to 1mg, i am so glad you have spelled everything out, but i need to study it until i get comfortable. and of course , i will be asking questions. I am in total agreement that if we rush our taper that is when we are really hit, having two failed fast tapers makes me a believer in a slower process, and so far so good. thanks for paying it forward.  :thumbsup:;D:thumbsup:

I can highly recommended doing a liquid taper begood. I don't think I would have been able to taper at all had I not found out about it, because I certainly had no luck doing dry cuts, even a small cut like 0.5mg. Take your time to read through all the steps, and if you have any question just ask.

Diaz-Pam. well i finally decided that i would try the lig taper, instead of waiting to get down to 1mg, it has been a little more w/d's but very mild since my last .25mg cut. so i am thinking that since i will go slow anyway. this will probably be the best for me I will be starting Nov 7, I have been looking over what you have printed. so tell me if this is right. I have a 2mg Valium tablet, i will dissolve in vodka and add to h20, anyway, i will add the pill to the vodka, and then i will place in a glass jelly jar, 199 cc or ml to make 200ml then i will take 1ml  as my dose. and i can hold at this dose if i want? for a week or more, then i go down another ml to 198ml is this correct. No no, if i take 1ml, that is wrong, I must take all 200ml, then when i go down, the next dose will be 199ml i drink, oh jeez is this right???? i guess what this benzo brain is trying to write, is that i will be still getting dose of Valium but it will be shrinking each and everytime. also, jeez brain fog. well let me know if i have this right. I know are we allowed to print the page that you have the taper instructions, oh dear i don't have a printer. oh well'''' :-[ :-[ :-[ 

You've got the general idea, but I'll just give you are step by step process. The idea with a liquid taper though is that you decrease an amount every day, rather than reducing an amount and then holding. Of course after decreasing every day for a while you might feel the need to hold for a while, but generally you should be able to do a very small cut every day.

So if you want to use a full 2mg tablet with 200ml liquid/vodka, this is what you would do.....

Add 2mg tablet to 4ml vodka - allow to dissolve for a minute or so.

Then add 196ml of water to make up a solution of 200ml.

Then you need to decide how much you want to decrease every day. If you are going to decease 1ml (of the 200ml solution) every day, it will take you 100 days to reduce 1mg (or just over 3 months). This would be okay on a dose of 2mg, but could be a little on the slow side. It's up to you to decide how much you feel comfortable with though. Give the daily reduction of 1ml a try, but you might find you can increase it a little, but of course keep in mind that as your dose lowers you will need to keep reassessing how you are feeling and adjust your cuts accordingly. Hold anytime you feel things aren't right.

So this is what your dosing would look like every day.....

Day 1 – Drink the 200ml solution

Day 2 – Make a new solution and drink 199ml (you can either discard the rest or use it to make up part of your next day’s dose)

Day 3 – Make a new solution and drink 198ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 4 – Make a new solution and drink 197ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 5 – Make a new solution and drink 196ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 6 – Make a new solution and drink 195ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

etc …….. until you reach zero. Then you would start the process again, but reduce the amount of tablets you are taking by 1mg, because you have now reduced your dose by 1mg.

Diaz-Pam, Oh Thank You So Much. your example of how to do a daily reduction is fantastic, i am really excited about a new way to get to the end of my Journey, the first two tapers did not work, because i went too fast and cut to much. but feel good about this method I will start Nov 7, you are really paying it forward and this is amazing, it helps me to realize that we all have something to share and it can give someone hope. Best to you.  :thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Hi Diaz-Pam can you tell me why i am going to use 4ml of vodka and can is it better to use 180 proof . just not clear on the 4ml, otherwise ok. thanks again. excited about this lig taper. :thumbsup:

There is some disagreement on BB about how much vodka is needed to properly dissolve valium. Initially the consensus was you only needed 1ml vodka to every 1mg valium, but seeing as there is some disagreement I now recommend 2ml vodka to every 1mg valium. So if you are using a 2mg tablet you would use 4ml. That's assuming you are using 80 proof or 40% alcohol. If you are using 180 proof you would be able to get away with using less alcohol.

Mind you, when I was using this method, I had 40% vodka and I used 1ml vodka to 1mg valium and had no problems. So if you feel a little nervous just use a little more vodka. The amount you are using is very small anyway (less than a teaspoon), so a little extra isn't going to hurt. Of course you would need the keep the amount of water you use proportional to the amount of vodka, so that you still end up with the right sized mixture (in your case 200ml).

Thank you so much, intend to use the 80% and follow as you outlined, your method is so precise and i really am stoked about this, and i am getting everything together. I will decide as you suggested to see how i do and then maybe increase.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am wondering if someone can figure out how I can continue my taper using a Valium titration method. I have 2 mg of pills . I have had loads of symptoms under 1.5 mg. COMPLETELY SLAMMED!

Need to take this very very slow. I have been holding for quite some time. Any advice would be appreciated. Not sure if I should do a slight updose to stabilize some more.

I have been using the cut and suffer method. With some success till now.

Many thanks!

The low doses can be really hard for some people, and they find they have to take it extremely slowly. It took me about 9-10 months just to go from 1mg to zero.

Have you decided what kind of titration you want to do - vodka and water, pharma liquid valium, or milk? They are all easy and they all work as well as each other. It just depends on what method appeals to you.

Have you also read through the first post on this thread? That will give you an idea of the basic theory, but of course all methods are flexible. You just start with the basics and work it to suit yourself.

Thank you for replying Diaz-Pam.

I do see how it took you many months to complete 1 mg.. I was thinking the whole Milk titration might work best for me. Would you recommend that I switch to liquid titration and hold that dose till stabile. I understand some have issues switching to liquid delivery?

If I was to go that slow to make this a successful landing. Where would I post to figure out a taper schedule ? Or how much liquid..I need to start with to finish micro slowly.

I read the first post of the thread but is it little different from the pull liquid and dump method?

I currently dose three times a day and feel I should continue that way.

Many thanks for your reply. 😊

Some people find that when they switch from all dry tablets to some form of liquid tapering they do feel an effect. Now whether this is an actual effect, caused by a different delivery method or absorption rate, or whether they just feel it because they are "expecting" to feel it, remains unknown, but even psychological effects can be just as real.

So it's usually recommended to hold for a while, or even do a very small updose, when you first switch just to allow for a settling in period. If you've been feeling bad since 1.5mg, maybe you could consider doing an updose back to 1.5mg when you start to help you with that settling in period.

It’s actually quite simple to work out your own plan. There are a couple of ways you could do it. You could either convert your entire dose to liquid, or you could just take 1mg as a dry dose, and then titrate the remainder. It really just depends on whether you’re happy to cut your 2mg tablet in half or not. I personally did and had no problems, but it’s an individual decision.

If you could let me know what way you would prefer, what dose you want to start on, and how much you think you would like to cut every day I can help you work out a plan.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pull liquid and dump method". There really isn't any need to dump any of your mixture. You just take what you need for that particular dose from a 100ml batch, and the rest you can keep for your next dose, or you add what's left over to a new batch to make up the size dose you need.

Thank you for the detailed reply.

The current method I am using is 2 mg pills and a compound liquid. I find the transition of replacing the pills for the liquid ( compound from the pharmacy) quite a big cut. That is how I have been tapering all a long. I wonder if it is the delivery method when I replace my 0.5 mg pills for 0.5 mgs of liquid? I was hoping my switching to all liquid there would be no transition but maybe it's the way my body absorbs the liquid  :(

I thought when you remove the mls from the titration you would just dump it down the sink. And not keep it.

Yes, when I got to 1.5 mg , I dropped 0.5 mg of pill and replaced with my 0.5 mg of liquid compound. I was in a big nasty wave for over 5 weeks that I am just coming out of. This is why I am considering too switch to all liquid BUT unsure of how my body will except the switch. I've been holding to see if I can stablize more.

I think I would updose back to 1.25 mg and try to get stabile on LT and then resume daily taper at .01 mg daily.

Many many thanks 😊

I thought when you remove the mls from the titration you would just dump it down the sink. And not keep it.

No that's not necessary. What you do is take what you need for your dose and you keep the rest to make up all or part of your next dose.

• 1 month later...

Hi Diaz-Pam,

I'm sorry to bother you but I'm in the rough part of a cut and hold taper from 3 mg Valium to 2.5 mg Valium.  I've tried using liquid liquid Valium but getting the measurements right is very difficult because I'm kind of a clutz.  Small measurements were never my strong suit but now it has a bigger impact.

Could you please explain whether or not dissolving a whole tablet might be easier with someone who is not skilled with precise measurements?  And if so, how it could be done?

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you,

Marcela

Hi Marcela

You're no bother at all, and klutz is my middle name..lol... I'm so bad that when I was using liquid valium I was always terrified I was going to knock over the entire bottle. So I always had to put a very small amount in a tiny bottle, and quickly re-cap the main bottle, in case that ever happened..lol...

IMO the trick with doing a liquid taper is having a diluted enough mixture to make measuring really easy. Some people prefer to use smaller diluted amounts, like 10ml, but I personally prefer to use 100ml so you can use a larger (10ml) syringe to make measuring really easy. Also having a more diluted and larger mixture means you can have a bit more luxury of not having to be completely 100% accurate with your measurements. Of course you do need to be as accurate as possible, but it just gives you that little bit of wiggle room.

Yes it is perfectly okay to use a whole tablet (I assume you mean a 2mg tablet). You would have two choices with a whole 2mg tablet. You could either stick to the 1:100 ratio and put a 2mg tablet with 200ml of milk, or you could make a 1:50 ratio by putting 2mg with 100ml of milk. You would just need to remember that your mixture is then double the concentration and you would need to work out your daily cuts accordingly.

When you were using the liquid valium were you diluting it with water? If you were trying to measure it directly from the bottle, that will definitely be really difficult, but if you dilute 1ml of liquid valium with 99ml of water (making a total of 100ml) it makes it much easier to measure.

The other option you also have is using a very small amount of vodka to dissolve the valium. Generally, for every 1mg of valium you use 2ml of vodka. So for a 2mg tablet you would use 4ml of vodka, and if you wanted a 100ml mixture you would top up with 96ml of plain water, or 196ml if using 200ml of liquid. If you decide to use this method, don't be worried if you still see small particles of tablet in the vodka/water. These are just the fillers and they will never dissolve. The valium however dissolves quite quickly in the vodka once the tablet breaks down.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.