Example of a Valium/Diazepam Daily Reduction Method

[Di...]

Hi Small

I personally think getting off 7.5mg in just a year is a bit of a stretch. Sorry, but I have to be honest with people. I don't know of many people on BB who started on 7.5mg and got off in a year. I'm sure there are many people who can do it that fast, but I also think they will not generally be the "tough" cases that we see here on BB.

You need to factor into the equation that the last leg of your taper will often be the most challenging. I was able to bring my dose down from 5mg to 1mg in less than a year, so I thought I was on track to finish my taper in a bit over a year, but it then took a long time to get off that last 1mg, because I had to take things so slowly, and I am by no means unusual on BB.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [bu...]

• [me...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'll just add that one of the most valuable lessons I learned during my taper, and I try to pass this on to other people, is to try not to set any particular goals, other than the 1mg that you are currently tapering. It's great to have abstract goals of what you want to do when you are benzo-free, but trying to stick to any kind of timetable with tapering is always going to end up in disappointment.

I had so many "I should be done by" dates throughout my taper. At first I was sure I'd be done by my 1 year anniversay of starting my taper. That came and went. Then I thought I'd be done by that Christmas. That came and went. Then I wanted to be done by my birthday - that came and went. Every time I was frustrated and disappointed. I finally came to realise I was going to be done when I was done, and it wouldn't be one day sooner.

Everyone is so different, it would be impossible to give an exact time, but I think a week would be enough. When I started my milk titration I didn't wait any time to adjust to it at all. It never occurred to me that I might need to, and I didn't have any problems at all.

In fact I'm not really convinced that you do need to hold when you switch from dry tablets to a milk and tablet titration, that's assuming of course that you were on a stable dose before you started your titration. I do usually recommend holding though, but that's simply because some people say they have problems, but I've never really understood why you would have problems. Taking part of your dose as a milk titration is no different to just taking your regular dry tablet dose with a glass of milk.

Of course nearly all of us (myself included) suffer a little bit from benzo tapering paranoia, so that could be the reason why some do experience problems. Maybe it's a bit more psychological. That's no reflection on anyone at all, because I certainly had my share of benzo tapering paranoia and OCD, and I know it can be very real.

The only time I think there would be a genuine need to hold is if you are switching to a totally different method, eg if you switched from using all dry tablets to titrating part of your dose with liquid valium. That is a totally different medium to dry tablets, and there could be a difference in potency, so it would make sense to hold for a while. You might also need to hold if you change brands of tablets too.

Thanks Diaz Pam you just answered my other question . I had seen on here that people were saying to do a week or so with milk before reducing . I didn't think it would make that much difference as the cut is really small per day . I know this is going to be hard one for you to answer . How long do you think I should do the 1mg drop over . I don't want to be confusing myself having to change the dose all the time . Sorry this all new to me . I think I have been lucky so far as I reduced from 15mg to 4mg quite quickly started to struggle at the 6mg mark quite badly . Haven't really stabilised but no worse . My symptoms vary from day to day but always sonething . The mornings are the worst . I sleep a good 7 hours but wake like I have a hangover . I do appreciate your help . Thank you . I do agree that we all seem to want off . I thought I would be by Xmas .

Is feeling cold and shivery a withdrawal symptom been like it a while now and never cold . Must admit the weather is colder but normally ok  thanks

Tragaz if I was you I would go by .02 reduction a day or less. I started mine at .03 only lasted doing it for 5 days got slammed with W/D. Now I'm going to begin again but only at .01 a day. DIAZ-PAM tried to warn me too that .03 would probably be too fast but I didn't listen and I paid for it. Honestly, if I was you I'd start at .01 you can ALWAYS move up if it goes well. Also do the milk titration by itself without reducing anything for one week. Diaz-Pam also tried to warn me to do that and I didn't listen. Wish I had. It's def an adjustment to the mind/body in my opinion, but a WORTH IT adjustment as I am now used to it and like it a lot. Wish I would have begun it a long time ago.

Hi I'm just confused , wouldn't know how to do a 0.02 reduction , I only know how to go by her 1mg in 100ml . Is that what you mean remove 2ml at a time ? . It all just stresses me . Thanks

Im getting confused now. ???

So basically I can expect a year plus for 5 mill then see how it goes with the last 2.5 mill

There's no way to know how long it's going to take YOU.  DP required a very long time to get off 5mg.  This also happens to others.  But, more typically, people at your dose can feel good on a daily cut that loses 1mg a month or even a little more and then expect to need to slow down for the last few mg.  I think it's entirely possible for you to be done within a year.  But I guess the larger point is it doesn't really matter as long as you feel good during the process and you step off healed, meaning it is over when you reach zero.  No protracted symptoms.

Hi I'm just confused , wouldn't know how to do a 0.02 reduction , I only know how to go by her 1mg in 100ml . Is that what you mean remove 2ml at a time ? . It all just stresses me . Thanks

Yes that would just mean you are removing 2ml from 100ml. You'd then be at 98ml.

100ml = 1mg

Again I suggest you start with a .01 reduction. Reducing by 1ml a day. Once you start doing the process daily it gets incredibly simple. For example by day 3 you'd be at 3.97mg of V. You can always speed up if you want if things go smoothly.

Thanks Diaz Pam you just answered my other question . I had seen on here that people were saying to do a week or so with milk before reducing . I didn't think it would make that much difference as the cut is really small per day . I know this is going to be hard one for you to answer . How long do you think I should do the 1mg drop over . I don't want to be confusing myself having to change the dose all the time . Sorry this all new to me . I think I have been lucky so far as I reduced from 15mg to 4mg quite quickly started to struggle at the 6mg mark quite badly . Haven't really stabilised but no worse . My symptoms vary from day to day but always sonething . The mornings are the worst . I sleep a good 7 hours but wake like I have a hangover . I do appreciate your help . Thank you . I do agree that we all seem to want off . I thought I would be by Xmas .

If your dose is currently 4mg, I think a good starting point would be a reduction of between 0.015mg and 0.02mg per day. If you are using a 100ml mixture that would be between 1.5ml and 2ml per day. That will mean you will reduce 1mg over about 66 days (if you choose 1.5ml) or 50 days (if you choose 2ml). I would personally go with the lower figure initially, because you can always increase it after a couple of weeks if you're feeling okay.

Just rememer that you multiply the mg amount by 100. So if it's 0.02mg, that multiplied by 100 is 2ml. Or is you need to go the other way 2ml ÷ 100 = 0.02mg.

Im getting confused now. ???

So basically I can expect a year plus for 5 mill then see how it goes with the last 2.5 mill

That would be my expectation. Sorry, I know it seems like a long time, and it's probably not what you want to hear, but there's no point telling you it will/could be faster, and then you being frustrated if it does take longer. Those in the general population who taper may be able to do it a lot quicker, but I'm afraid the reality is that those of us who end up on BB seem to be the tough cases and we need to take longer.

Going by the other valium users I speak with regularly on BB I don't believe my taper was unusually long. There are some who are tapering, or have tapered, over an even longer period of time than me.

The main thing is to find a reduction amount that suits you, and keep monitoring it to make sure you're not going faster than you should. The length of time a taper takes really isn't relevant. The main thing is to be as functional as possible while you are tapering because then is doesn't become all consuming in your life. It will just become a minor inconveniece, and the rest of the time you will be able keep your daily life as normal as possible.

Hi I am very appreciative of your advice and will more than likely be doing liquid titration at some point . When I get to the last leg I will probably need your advice as looks more confusing than doing it now lol . I am thinking of doing a dry cut of 0.25 as I have scales . Maybe for next few cuts as that keeps me below the 10 percent mark . I don't know if any of you are uk or USA but in the uk docs not very good on withdrawal . I did yesterday go to a drug and alcohol rehab centre who are going to assign me a key worker for support , hooray only support I've found in a year . I will admit even they didn't understand some of my withdrawal symptoms . More so the anxiety that horrendous and more annoying , it why I was put on it in the first they . They was annoyed that I was put on 15mg a day said was high . Hopefully they help me a bit . Luckily my hubby supportive he's already got syringes . But hoping I can do a couple of dry cuts smaller first . Thanks

Just be careful with those dry cuts. You could be perfectly okay with them, but I couldn't cut 0.25mg when I was at 5mg.

I know titrating looks confusing at first, but it really isn't. Just follow each step one at a time and you should be fine. You could just experiment with just water at first to get the idea of what to do.

For quite a while I’ve had the daily tapering method that I use in my progress log, with a link to it in my signature. I know that a number of people have found it helpful, and that’s been fantastic. However, I don’t want to take all the credit for it. It was Fliprain who taught me the basics of this method and I’ve just expanded on it with the liquid valium. So, I’m just “paying it forward”.

Anyway, I’ve realised that the problem with having it in my progress log is that if anyone has a question, they can’t post it directly onto the thread because no one can post a reply on a progress log. Instead they would have to PM me. So to solve that problem I am creating a new thread here, so if anyone has a question they can ask directly on this thread.

Firstly, there are no right or wrong methods of tapering, provided it is a sensible tapering method (I saw one posted recently that was just plain crazy…). They all get you to the same end result of zero, but it just depends on the method that you find the easiest to manage, and the one that gives you as few symptoms as possible.

I know how overwhelming daily tapering can seem when you are new to it, so I have tried to set this out as simply as possible, showing how to make up a basic 1mg:100ml mixture.  I know how complicated it can sound when you are starting out, but it really is easy once you start doing it. I’ve never come across anyone who hasn’t been able to work out how to do a daily taper.

Just take one step at a time. Try not to over-think it. Sometimes it helps to just start out by making up your liquid mixture but not reduce anything for a while, just to get used to doing that part of the process, until you feel more confident with what you are doing.

Cutting Tablets: I will start by saying that this method will require the cutting of 2mg tablets in halves. While there are some people who will say this is not advisable, there are just as many people who will say it doesn’t matter because of the extended half-life of valium. The only proviso is that the cut halves should be used as consecutive doses, so any inconsistencies will even out over a day or two. 

I personally cut my tablets all the way from 5mg down to 1mg and I never had any problems, but I'm not everyone. So, if cutting your tablets is a concern for you I have explained how you can avoid doing that later in this post. Also, some brands of valium tablets are larger than others, so if you plan on cutting your tablets make sure the brand you use is one that is already scored in the middle. Some brands are quite small and are not scored (eg Apo) and these are not recommended for cutting. The brand I used was Antenex which I found to be very good for cutting.

Ratios of Mixture: There are other ratios that can be used other than the 1:100 ratio that I use (eg 1:10), but I prefer this ratio because you are using more liquid, making the measuring of doses much easier to see. Also, because the solution is less concentrated, I think any minor inconsistencies in the doses aren’t going to be a problem. However, this is an individual choice and you may prefer to modify this method to a different ratio, and that’s fine.

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED

Nothing fancy is needed. You just need a 1ml and a 10ml syringe and 2-3 glass jars with lids that hold at least 100ml. Smaller glass jars with a wider top are best because it makes it easier to fit the 10ml syringe in (good types to use are baby food jars, jam/jelly jars etc). That's all the equipment you will need. I also prefer to make up a couple of batches at a time, so I always have one ready to use. You don't need a special 100ml graduated cylinder or a mortor and pestle. I think a lot of methods get far too complicated with the equipment that's required. KISS (Keep it Simple – Sweetie...lol...). 

Just a tip - to stop the numbers from wearing off the syringes, you can put some clear tape over the numbers. However, I find that after a while the rubber on the plunger starts to wear out anyway, so that's when you need to toss it.

MAKING UP THE LIQUID SOLUTION

I will start by explaining how to make up the 1:100ml solution, and then below is the tapering schedule. To measure the 100ml just use the 10ml syringe x 10 fills. Something that I found made life a bit easier is that my kitchen scales would measure in mls (it’s the same as grams). So all I had to do was put my valium in the jar and then slowly pour in the water/milk until it reached 100ml (I would use my 10ml syringe for the final few mls just so it didn’t go over the 100ml). I tested the scale’s accuracy numerous times with my 10ml syringe and it was very accurate. However, if this method makes you a bit nervous, just stick with using the 10ml syringe, but the kitchen scale can help you keep track of how many fills you have made.

(a) If you are using valium tablets only

Add 1mg valium tablet to 100ml full fat milk and allow to dissolve. The fat helps to keep the valium suspended, but when drawing out the required dose, make sure you keep it mixed well by doing a backwards and forwards swishing movement. A lot of people avoid stirring and shaking, as stirring can create a vortex, and shaking can cause bubbles and can leave particles stuck to the side of the jar.

If you are unable to use cow's milk, people have had success with other types of milk like almond, soy etc. The main thing is to make sure the fat content is similar to the fat content of whole milk.

(b) If you are using liquid valium (1mg=1ml ratio / 10mg=10ml ratio) + tablets

Add 1ml of liquid Valium to 99ml of water (this makes a total of 100ml).

© If you are using liquid valium (2mg=5ml ratio) + tablets

When the liquid ratio is 2mg=5ml, that means that 1mg = 2.5ml. So add 2.5ml of liquid valium to 97.5ml of water (this makes a total of 100ml).

REDUCTION METHOD

This has now converted your 1mg of valium (liquid or tablet) into a 100ml liquid mixture, which can be reduced over a period of time, hopefully giving you a slow and smooth taper with few side effects.

The next step is to work out how you want to reduce the 1mg. This can be worked out on a percentage basis or as the number of days you want to take to reduce this amount. My preference is the number of days, because I’m not much good at working out percentages ..lol…

Below are the number of mls you would need to reduce each day to achieve the required number of (approx) days shown. Of course most people will be taking more than a 1mg dose, so you would take your additional dose in tablet form (ie if your dose is 6mg, you would use the 100ml mixture for 1mg and take an additional 5mg in tablet form).

Reduce 100ml by 10ml per day = 10 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 9.5ml per day = 11 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 9ml per day = 11 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 8.5ml per day = 12 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 8ml per day = 12 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 7.5ml per day = 13 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 7ml per day = 14 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 6.5ml per day = 15 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 6ml per day = 16 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 5.5ml per day = 18 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 5ml per day = 20 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 4.5ml per day = 22 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 4ml per day = 25 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 3.5ml per day = 28 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 3ml per day = 33 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 2.5ml per day = 40 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 2ml per day = 50 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 1.5ml per day = 66 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 1ml per day = 100 days to reduce 1mg

So, using the red highlighted amount as an example, this would be your dosing schedule (+ you would also need to take whatever amount you needed to take in tablet form to make up your full dose).

Day 1 – Drink the 100ml solution

Day 2 – Make a new solution and drink 98ml (you can either discard the rest or use it to make up part of your next day’s dose)

Day 3 – Make a new solution and drink 96ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 4 – Make a new solution and drink 94ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 5 – Make a new solution and drink 92ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 6 – Make a new solution and drink 90ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

etc …….. until you reach zero. Then you would start the process again, but reduce the amount of tablets you are taking by 1mg, because you have now reduced your dose by 1mg.

To ensure you have gotten every part of your dose, especially if you are using milk, after drinking your dose you can add some water to the glass, swish around and drink the water.

This method can be used for a once a day dosing, or multiple daily dosing. For multiple daily dosing, just divide your doses as normal, and then choose which of your doses you will reduce. You may prefer to just reduce (eg) your morning dose to zero first, and then reduce your other doses later. Or you may decide to alternate the reductions to cover all your doses at the same time. I'm not sure what is the best way to go, because I am a once a day doser, so I would prefer not to give any advice on that subject.

Also, make sure you keep a journal of each day's dose and maybe a note of how you are feeling. My recommendation with any daily taper is that you start with a lower daily reduction amount than you think you need because it is much easier to increase your taper rather than suffer side effects and have to hold and decrease. Everyone will react differently to the half-life of valium, so it may take up to 2 weeks before you will know how well you are doing with the taper amount you have chosen. So keeping a note of daily symptoms will help you keep a track of how everything is going, so you can make any necessary adjustments.

IF YOU PREFER TO AVOID CUTTING TABLETS

Using this method, it will be inevitable that at some point you are going to have to cut your tablets, but if you would like to try to avoid doing that as much as possible, you can make up a larger mixture by using a 2:200 ratio. All you will need to do is double the amounts shown above (ie 2mg tablet with 200ml of milk). This will simply double the amount of liquid you have, but you will still reduce by the same quantities shown above.

SOME TIPS I’VE PICKED UP ALONG THE WAY

(a) Potency of Solution: I have read some speculation over a period of time that when a mixture is made using valium and water or valium and milk it may lose its potency over a period of time.  I don’t know if there is any scientific proof of this, but after experiencing an issue which made me think this could be true, I now only make enough to last no more than 5 days just to be on the safe side.

If you are getting to a point in your taper where the 100ml solution is lasting a lot longer than about 5 days, you could either just throw away any remaining mixture, or try making up a smaller proportioned batch (eg 0.5ml liquid valium with 50ml water or 0.2ml liquid valium with 20ml water).

(b) Changing from tablets to liquid (or vice versa): If you do a switch from using a combination of tablets and liquid to all liquid, or even if you switch to different brands of tablets or liquid, it might be helpful to hold your dose for a while, or even do a small updose, just to make sure things go smoothly with the transition.

© Slow is Good: The biggest lesson I have learned, and I can’t emphasise this enough, is do not think that tapering faster will get you off the benzo quicker and therefore you will get better faster. YOU WON’T. You can not fool your body, and your body will always have the last word. Try to taper faster and your body will just say “NO YOU DON’T. I’M IN CHARGE”, and you’ll take a hit. I’ve seen it happen time and time again.

The way I see it, we all have a predetermined amount of time for healing, and therefore we only have two choices to make. We can either go fast to get the actual taper over and done with, but probably suffer the entire time we are tapering and also continue to suffer for an undetermined amount of time afterwards until we heal. Or we can go slow, taper at a rate that our bodies find acceptable, thereby giving us either no or manageable symptoms and allowing us to live a relatively normal life. Then when we finally step off at the end we are almost healed, or for some people fully healed.

Even going too fast with a daily taper will almost always have the paradoxical effect of actually making your taper time slower. That has happened to me a few times. I’ve increased my daily taper, ignored the signs that things weren’t right, and then I’ve been hit and had to hold my dose until things got better. This has meant that the entire amount of time taken has been longer than if I’d just stuck with the lower daily taper in the first place. It’s false economy, or in the words of Lewis Carroll “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get”.

I have battled with my impatience my entire taper until I finally took a major hit at the 1mg mark. That was the point where I finally slapped myself and said “ENOUGH”. This final leg of my taper is being done slowly and carefully and (touch wood) I am currently symptom free. That makes me certain that when my taper is finally finished I will be as close to fully healed as possible.

Good Luck!!!  If you have any questions just ask.

Hi,

Is it possible for some one to translate only the tapering methode in dutch? With milk, i dose 3 time,s a day 4 mg, my dr wants me to drop 1 mg a week, 4 months ago i was on 21 mg and i feel i,am in trouble now......

I hope so, i,am a mess.....

Thank you!

I'm sorry, I don't know Dutch. I don't know if there is anyone else who can help.

I think your doctor is making you drop too quickly. Dropping 1mg a week might have been sort of okay when you were on 21mg, but as your dose gets lower you really need to slow up. Can you try to explain this to your doctor? Hopefully he/she will allow you to control your own taper because having someone control how much you cut never works.

At the very least you probably need to stop tapering and hold at the dose you are on until you feel a bit better.

For quite a while I’ve had the daily tapering method that I use in my progress log, with a link to it in my signature. I know that a number of people have found it helpful, and that’s been fantastic. However, I don’t want to take all the credit for it. It was Fliprain who taught me the basics of this method and I’ve just expanded on it with the liquid valium. So, I’m just “paying it forward”.

Anyway, I’ve realised that the problem with having it in my progress log is that if anyone has a question, they can’t post it directly onto the thread because no one can post a reply on a progress log. Instead they would have to PM me. So to solve that problem I am creating a new thread here, so if anyone has a question they can ask directly on this thread.

Firstly, there are no right or wrong methods of tapering, provided it is a sensible tapering method (I saw one posted recently that was just plain crazy…). They all get you to the same end result of zero, but it just depends on the method that you find the easiest to manage, and the one that gives you as few symptoms as possible.

I know how overwhelming daily tapering can seem when you are new to it, so I have tried to set this out as simply as possible, showing how to make up a basic 1mg:100ml mixture.  I know how complicated it can sound when you are starting out, but it really is easy once you start doing it. I’ve never come across anyone who hasn’t been able to work out how to do a daily taper.

Just take one step at a time. Try not to over-think it. Sometimes it helps to just start out by making up your liquid mixture but not reduce anything for a while, just to get used to doing that part of the process, until you feel more confident with what you are doing.

Cutting Tablets: I will start by saying that this method will require the cutting of 2mg tablets in halves. While there are some people who will say this is not advisable, there are just as many people who will say it doesn’t matter because of the extended half-life of valium. The only proviso is that the cut halves should be used as consecutive doses, so any inconsistencies will even out over a day or two. 

I personally cut my tablets all the way from 5mg down to 1mg and I never had any problems, but I'm not everyone. So, if cutting your tablets is a concern for you I have explained how you can avoid doing that later in this post. Also, some brands of valium tablets are larger than others, so if you plan on cutting your tablets make sure the brand you use is one that is already scored in the middle. Some brands are quite small and are not scored (eg Apo) and these are not recommended for cutting. The brand I used was Antenex which I found to be very good for cutting.

Ratios of Mixture: There are other ratios that can be used other than the 1:100 ratio that I use (eg 1:10), but I prefer this ratio because you are using more liquid, making the measuring of doses much easier to see. Also, because the solution is less concentrated, I think any minor inconsistencies in the doses aren’t going to be a problem. However, this is an individual choice and you may prefer to modify this method to a different ratio, and that’s fine.

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED

Nothing fancy is needed. You just need a 1ml and a 10ml syringe and 2-3 glass jars with lids that hold at least 100ml. Smaller glass jars with a wider top are best because it makes it easier to fit the 10ml syringe in (good types to use are baby food jars, jam/jelly jars etc). That's all the equipment you will need. I also prefer to make up a couple of batches at a time, so I always have one ready to use. You don't need a special 100ml graduated cylinder or a mortor and pestle. I think a lot of methods get far too complicated with the equipment that's required. KISS (Keep it Simple – Sweetie...lol...). 

Just a tip - to stop the numbers from wearing off the syringes, you can put some clear tape over the numbers. However, I find that after a while the rubber on the plunger starts to wear out anyway, so that's when you need to toss it.

MAKING UP THE LIQUID SOLUTION

I will start by explaining how to make up the 1:100ml solution, and then below is the tapering schedule. To measure the 100ml just use the 10ml syringe x 10 fills. Something that I found made life a bit easier is that my kitchen scales would measure in mls (it’s the same as grams). So all I had to do was put my valium in the jar and then slowly pour in the water/milk until it reached 100ml (I would use my 10ml syringe for the final few mls just so it didn’t go over the 100ml). I tested the scale’s accuracy numerous times with my 10ml syringe and it was very accurate. However, if this method makes you a bit nervous, just stick with using the 10ml syringe, but the kitchen scale can help you keep track of how many fills you have made.

(a) If you are using valium tablets only

Add 1mg valium tablet to 100ml full fat milk and allow to dissolve. The fat helps to keep the valium suspended, but when drawing out the required dose, make sure you keep it mixed well by doing a backwards and forwards swishing movement. A lot of people avoid stirring and shaking, as stirring can create a vortex, and shaking can cause bubbles and can leave particles stuck to the side of the jar.

If you are unable to use cow's milk, people have had success with other types of milk like almond, soy etc. The main thing is to make sure the fat content is similar to the fat content of whole milk.

(b) If you are using liquid valium (1mg=1ml ratio / 10mg=10ml ratio) + tablets

Add 1ml of liquid Valium to 99ml of water (this makes a total of 100ml).

© If you are using liquid valium (2mg=5ml ratio) + tablets

When the liquid ratio is 2mg=5ml, that means that 1mg = 2.5ml. So add 2.5ml of liquid valium to 97.5ml of water (this makes a total of 100ml).

REDUCTION METHOD

This has now converted your 1mg of valium (liquid or tablet) into a 100ml liquid mixture, which can be reduced over a period of time, hopefully giving you a slow and smooth taper with few side effects.

The next step is to work out how you want to reduce the 1mg. This can be worked out on a percentage basis or as the number of days you want to take to reduce this amount. My preference is the number of days, because I’m not much good at working out percentages ..lol…

Below are the number of mls you would need to reduce each day to achieve the required number of (approx) days shown. Of course most people will be taking more than a 1mg dose, so you would take your additional dose in tablet form (ie if your dose is 6mg, you would use the 100ml mixture for 1mg and take an additional 5mg in tablet form).

Reduce 100ml by 10ml per day = 10 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 9.5ml per day = 11 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 9ml per day = 11 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 8.5ml per day = 12 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 8ml per day = 12 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 7.5ml per day = 13 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 7ml per day = 14 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 6.5ml per day = 15 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 6ml per day = 16 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 5.5ml per day = 18 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 5ml per day = 20 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 4.5ml per day = 22 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 4ml per day = 25 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 3.5ml per day = 28 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 3ml per day = 33 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 2.5ml per day = 40 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 2ml per day = 50 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 1.5ml per day = 66 days to reduce 1mg

Reduce 100ml by 1ml per day = 100 days to reduce 1mg

So, using the red highlighted amount as an example, this would be your dosing schedule (+ you would also need to take whatever amount you needed to take in tablet form to make up your full dose).

Day 1 – Drink the 100ml solution

Day 2 – Make a new solution and drink 98ml (you can either discard the rest or use it to make up part of your next day’s dose)

Day 3 – Make a new solution and drink 96ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 4 – Make a new solution and drink 94ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 5 – Make a new solution and drink 92ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

Day 6 – Make a new solution and drink 90ml (discard or use remainder the next day)

etc …….. until you reach zero. Then you would start the process again, but reduce the amount of tablets you are taking by 1mg, because you have now reduced your dose by 1mg.

To ensure you have gotten every part of your dose, especially if you are using milk, after drinking your dose you can add some water to the glass, swish around and drink the water.

This method can be used for a once a day dosing, or multiple daily dosing. For multiple daily dosing, just divide your doses as normal, and then choose which of your doses you will reduce. You may prefer to just reduce (eg) your morning dose to zero first, and then reduce your other doses later. Or you may decide to alternate the reductions to cover all your doses at the same time. I'm not sure what is the best way to go, because I am a once a day doser, so I would prefer not to give any advice on that subject.

Also, make sure you keep a journal of each day's dose and maybe a note of how you are feeling. My recommendation with any daily taper is that you start with a lower daily reduction amount than you think you need because it is much easier to increase your taper rather than suffer side effects and have to hold and decrease. Everyone will react differently to the half-life of valium, so it may take up to 2 weeks before you will know how well you are doing with the taper amount you have chosen. So keeping a note of daily symptoms will help you keep a track of how everything is going, so you can make any necessary adjustments.

IF YOU PREFER TO AVOID CUTTING TABLETS

Using this method, it will be inevitable that at some point you are going to have to cut your tablets, but if you would like to try to avoid doing that as much as possible, you can make up a larger mixture by using a 2:200 ratio. All you will need to do is double the amounts shown above (ie 2mg tablet with 200ml of milk). This will simply double the amount of liquid you have, but you will still reduce by the same quantities shown above.

SOME TIPS I’VE PICKED UP ALONG THE WAY

(a) Potency of Solution: I have read some speculation over a period of time that when a mixture is made using valium and water or valium and milk it may lose its potency over a period of time.  I don’t know if there is any scientific proof of this, but after experiencing an issue which made me think this could be true, I now only make enough to last no more than 5 days just to be on the safe side.

If you are getting to a point in your taper where the 100ml solution is lasting a lot longer than about 5 days, you could either just throw away any remaining mixture, or try making up a smaller proportioned batch (eg 0.5ml liquid valium with 50ml water or 0.2ml liquid valium with 20ml water).

(b) Changing from tablets to liquid (or vice versa): If you do a switch from using a combination of tablets and liquid to all liquid, or even if you switch to different brands of tablets or liquid, it might be helpful to hold your dose for a while, or even do a small updose, just to make sure things go smoothly with the transition.

© Slow is Good: The biggest lesson I have learned, and I can’t emphasise this enough, is do not think that tapering faster will get you off the benzo quicker and therefore you will get better faster. YOU WON’T. You can not fool your body, and your body will always have the last word. Try to taper faster and your body will just say “NO YOU DON’T. I’M IN CHARGE”, and you’ll take a hit. I’ve seen it happen time and time again.

The way I see it, we all have a predetermined amount of time for healing, and therefore we only have two choices to make. We can either go fast to get the actual taper over and done with, but probably suffer the entire time we are tapering and also continue to suffer for an undetermined amount of time afterwards until we heal. Or we can go slow, taper at a rate that our bodies find acceptable, thereby giving us either no or manageable symptoms and allowing us to live a relatively normal life. Then when we finally step off at the end we are almost healed, or for some people fully healed.

Even going too fast with a daily taper will almost always have the paradoxical effect of actually making your taper time slower. That has happened to me a few times. I’ve increased my daily taper, ignored the signs that things weren’t right, and then I’ve been hit and had to hold my dose until things got better. This has meant that the entire amount of time taken has been longer than if I’d just stuck with the lower daily taper in the first place. It’s false economy, or in the words of Lewis Carroll “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get”.

I have battled with my impatience my entire taper until I finally took a major hit at the 1mg mark. That was the point where I finally slapped myself and said “ENOUGH”. This final leg of my taper is being done slowly and carefully and (touch wood) I am currently symptom free. That makes me certain that when my taper is finally finished I will be as close to fully healed as possible.

Good Luck!!!  If you have any questions just ask.

Hi,

Is it possible for some one to translate only the tapering methode in dutch? With milk, i dose 3 time,s a day 4 mg, my dr wants me to drop 1 mg a week, 4 months ago i was on 21 mg and i feel i,am in trouble now......

I hope so, i,am a mess.....

Thank you!

Google  translate,Hope it helps.

Al een tijdje heb ik de dagelijkse tapering-methode die ik gebruik in mijn vooruitgang log, met een link naar het in mijn handtekening had. Ik weet dat een aantal mensen vond het nuttig, en dat is fantastisch geweest. Maar ik wil niet alle eer voor. Het was Fliprain die mij leerde de basis van deze methode en ik heb net uitgebreid op het met de vloeistof valium. Dus, ik ben gewoon "het betalen van het vooruit". Hoe dan ook, ik heb gerealiseerd dat het probleem met het hebben van het in mijn vooruitgang log is dat als iemand een vraag heeft, ze kan het niet direct op de thread te posten, want niemand kan post een antwoord op een vooruitgang log. In plaats daarvan zouden ze moeten PM me. Dus om dat probleem ik ben het creëren van een nieuw onderwerp hier, dus als iemand een vraag heeft kan ze direct vragen op deze thread op te lossen. Ten eerste zijn er geen goede of foute methoden van taps toelopend, mits het een verstandige tapering-methode (ik zag men Onlangs postte dat was gewoon gek ...). Ze allemaal krijg je hetzelfde eindresultaat van nul, maar het is gewoon afhankelijk van de methode die je vindt het eenvoudigst te beheren, en degene die je geeft zo weinig symptomen mogelijk. Ik weet hoe overweldigend dagelijkse tapering kan lijken als je bent nieuw aan het, dus ik heb geprobeerd om dit zo eenvoudig mogelijk te laten zien hoe te maken van een basis 1mg uiteengezet: 100ml mengsel. Ik weet hoe moeilijk het kan klinken als je begint, maar het is echt gemakkelijk als je eenmaal begint te doen. Ik heb nog nooit tegengekomen iedereen die niet in staat zijn om uit te werken hoe je een dagelijkse taper doen is geweest. Kijk maar één stap tegelijk. Probeer niet te over-denken het. Soms helpt het om gewoon te beginnen met het maken van je vloeibaar mengsel, maar niet om het even wat te verminderen voor een tijdje, alleen maar om te wennen aan het doen van dat deel van het proces, totdat u zich zekerder voelen met wat je aan het doen bent. snijden film : Ik zal beginnen door te zeggen dat deze methode het snijden van 2 mg tabletten in helften zal vereisen. Terwijl er mensen zijn die zullen zeggen dat dit niet aan te raden, er zijn net zo veel mensen die zullen zeggen dat het niet van belang vanwege de verlengde halfwaardetijd van valium. De enige voorwaarde is dat de cut helften moet worden gebruikt als achtereenvolgende doses, zodat eventuele inconsistenties zal zelfs uit over een dag of twee.  Ik persoonlijk knip mijn tabletten helemaal van 5mg naar beneden tot 1 mg en ik heb nooit problemen gehad, maar ik ben niet iedereen. Dus, als het snijden van uw tabletten is een zorg voor u Ik heb uitgelegd hoe u kunt voorkomen dat te doen, dat later in dit bericht. Ook zijn sommige merken van valium tabletten zijn groter dan anderen, dus als je van plan bent op het snijden van uw tabletten zorg ervoor dat het merk dat u gebruikt is er een die al wordt gescoord in het midden. Sommige merken zijn vrij klein en worden niet gescoord (bijvoorbeeld Apo) en deze worden niet aanbevolen voor het snijden. Het merk ik gebruikte was Antenex dat vond ik ook erg goed te zijn voor het snijden. Verhoudingen van het mengsel : Er zijn andere verhoudingen die andere kan worden gebruikt dan de 1: 100 verhouding die ik gebruik (bijvoorbeeld 1:10), maar ik heb liever deze verhouding omdat u gebruik maakt van meer liquide, waardoor het meten van doses veel gemakkelijker om te zien. Ook, omdat de oplossing is minder geconcentreerd, ik denk dat eventuele kleine inconsistenties in de doses zijn niet van plan te zijn een probleem. Echter, dit is een individuele keuze en u kunt ervoor kiezen om deze methode aan te passen aan een andere verhouding, en dat is prima.

MATERIAAL

Niets bijzonders nodig. Je hoeft alleen maar een 1 ml en een 10 ml spuit en 2-3 glazen potten met deksels die ten minste 100 ml bevatten. Kleinere glazen potten met een bredere top zijn best, want het maakt het makkelijker om de 10 ml spuit in (goede soorten te gebruiken zijn potjes babyvoeding, jam / gelei potten etc) passen. Dat is alle apparatuur die u nodig heeft. Ik verkies ook om samen een paar batches in een tijd, dus ik heb altijd een klaar voor gebruik. U hoeft niet een speciale 100ml maatcilinder of een mortor en stamper. Ik denk dat veel van de methoden krijgen veel te ingewikkeld met de apparatuur die is vereist. KISS (Keep it Simple - Schat ... lol ...).  Gewoon een tip - om de nummers te stoppen van het dragen van de spuiten, kunt u een aantal doorzichtige tape gezet over de nummers. Toch vind ik dat na een tijdje het rubber op de zuiger begint te slijten toch, dus dat is wanneer je nodig hebt om het te gooien.

HET MAKEN VAN DE vloeibare oplossing

Ik zal beginnen met uit te leggen hoe je het 1: 100 ml oplossing, en dan hieronder is de taps toelopende schema. Om de 100ml meten gewoon gebruik maken van de 10 ml spuit x 10 fills. Iets dat ik het leven een beetje makkelijker gevonden maakte is dat mijn keukenweegschaal zou meten in ml (het is hetzelfde als gram). Dus alles wat ik moest doen was mijn valium gezet in de pot en dan langzaam giet het water / melk tot hij bereikte 100ml (ik zou mijn 10 ml spuit voor de laatste paar mls gebruiken gewoon dus het ging niet over de 100 ml). Ik nauwkeurigheid vele malen de weegschaal getest met mijn 10 ml spuit en het was zeer nauwkeurig. Echter, als deze methode maakt je een beetje zenuwachtig, gewoon vasthouden met behulp van de 10 ml spuit, maar de keukenweegschaal kan u helpen bijhouden hoeveel vult u hebt gemaakt te houden. (a) Als u gebruik maakt van valium tabletten alleen toevoegen 1mg valium tablet naar volle melk 100ml en laten ontbinden. Het vet helpt om de valium suspensie te houden, maar bij het ​​opstellen van de vereiste dosis, zorg ervoor dat je het goed gemengd is door het doen van een heen en weer zwiepende beweging. Veel mensen vermijden roeren en schudden, zoals roeren kan een vortex te creëren, en schudden kan bellen veroorzaken en kan deeltjes vast aan de zijkant van de pot verlaat. Als het niet lukt om koemelk te gebruiken zijn, hebben mensen succes met andere soorten gehad melk, zoals amandel, soja enz. Het belangrijkste is om ervoor te zorgen dat het vetgehalte is vergelijkbaar met het vetgehalte van volle melk. (b) Als u gebruik maakt van vloeibare valium ( 1 mg = 1 ml verhouding / 10 mg = 10 ml verhouding ) + tabletten toevoegen 1 ml vloeistof Valium om 99ml van water (dit maakt een totaal van 100 ml). © Als u gebruik maakt van vloeibare valium ( 2 mg = 5 ml-ratio ) + tabletten Wanneer de vloeistof verhouding is 2 mg = 5 ml, dat betekent dat 1 mg = 2,5 ml . Dus voeg 2,5 ml vloeistof valium om 97.5ml van water (dit maakt een totaal van 100 ml).

Reductiemethode

Dit is nu omgebouwd uw 1mg van valium (vloeibaar of tablet) in een 100 ml vloeibare mengsel, dat over een periode van tijd kan worden verminderd, hopelijk waardoor u een langzame en vloeiende taper met weinig bijwerkingen. De volgende stap is om uit te werken hoe u wilt de 1mg verminderen. Dit kan worden uitgewerkt op basis van een percentage of als het aantal dagen dat u wilt nemen om dit bedrag te verminderen. Mijn voorkeur is het aantal dagen, want ik ben niet veel goed in het uitwerken percentages ..lol ... Hieronder vindt u het aantal mls je nodig zou hebben om elke dag terug te brengen tot het vereiste aantal (ongeveer) dagen getoond bereiken. Natuurlijk zullen de meeste mensen meer te nemen dan een 1mg dosis, dus zou u uw extra dosis in tabletvorm nemen (dwz als uw dosering is 6 mg, zou je de 100 ml mengsel gebruiken voor 1mg en neem een extra 5 mg in tabletvorm). Verminder 100ml per 10ml per dag = 10 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml met 9,5 ml per dag = 11 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml met 9 ml per dag = 11 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml met 8,5 ml per dag = 12 dagen te verminderen 1mg Verminder 100ml door 8 ml per dag = 12 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml met 7,5 ml per dag = 13 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml met 7 ml per dag = 14 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml met 6,5 ml per dag = 15 dagen te verminderen 1mg Verminder 100ml door 6 ml per dag = 16 dagen naar 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml met 5,5 ml per dag = 18 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml per 5 ml per dag = 20 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml per 4.5ml per dag = 22 dagen te verminderen 1mg Verminder 100ml door 4 ml per dag = 25 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml met 3,5 ml per dag = 28 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml per 3 ml per dag = 33 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml met 2,5 ml per dag = 40 dagen te verminderen 1mg Verminder 100ml van 2 ml per dag = 50 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Verminder 100ml met 1,5 ml per dag = 66 dagen verminderen 1mg Verminder 100ml met 1 ml per dag = 100 dagen tot 1 mg verminderen Dus, met de rode gemarkeerde bedrag als voorbeeld, zou dit uw doseringsschema (+ je zou ook moeten nemen wat voor bedrag je nodig had om te nemen in de vorm van tabletten te maken van uw volledige dosis). Dag 1 - Drink de 100 ml oplossing Dag 2 - Maak een nieuwe oplossing en drinken 98ml (kan je ofwel weggooien de rest of het gebruiken om maken deel uit van de dosis van uw volgende dag) Dag 3 - Maak een nieuwe oplossing en drinken 96ml (weggooien of gebruik rest de volgende dag) Dag 4 - Maak een nieuwe oplossing en drinken 94ml (weggooien of gebruik rest van de volgende dag) Dag 5 - Maak een nieuwe oplossing en drinken 92ml (weggooien of gebruik rest de volgende dag) Dag 6 - Maak een nieuwe oplossing en drinken 90ml (weggooien of gebruik rest de volgende dag) etc ...... .. totdat je nul bereiken . Dan zou je het proces opnieuw beginnen, maar vermindering van de hoeveelheid tabletten die u neemt door 1mg, omdat je nu hebben verminderd uw dosis van 1 mg. Om te zorgen dat u elk deel van uw dosis hebben gekregen, vooral als u gebruik maakt van de melk, na het drinken dosis kan wat water om aan het glas, swish en drinken water. Deze methode kan worden gebruikt voor een eenmaal daagse dosering of meervoudige dagelijkse dosering. Voor meerdere dagelijkse dosis, net verdeel je doses als normaal, en dan kiezen welke van uw doses u zal verminderen. U kunt ervoor kiezen om gewoon te verminderen (bijvoorbeeld) je 's ochtends dosis eerst nul, en dan verminderen uw andere doses later. Of je kan beslissen om de verminderingen afwisselen om al uw doses op hetzelfde moment te dekken. Ik weet niet zeker wat is de beste manier om te gaan, want ik ben een keer per dag doseerder, dus ik zou liever geen advies te geven over dat onderwerp. Ook, zorg ervoor dat je een tijdschrift van de dosis elke dag en misschien een te houden nota van hoe je je voelt. Mijn aanbeveling met elke dagelijkse taper is dat je begint met een lagere dagelijkse vermindering hoeveelheid dan je denkt dat je nodig hebt, want het is veel gemakkelijker om uw taper plaats van verhogen lijden bijwerkingen en hebben vast te houden en te verminderen. Iedereen zal anders reageren op de halfwaardetijd van valium, dus het kan tot 2 weken voordat je weet hoe goed je bezig bent met de taper bedrag dat u hebt gekozen. Dus het bijhouden van een nota van de dagelijkse symptomen zal u helpen een track van hoe alles gaat houden, zodat u de nodige aanpassingen te maken.

Als u liever VERMIJDEN snijden film

Met behulp van deze methode, zal het onvermijdelijk dat op een gegeven moment je gaat te hebben om uw tabletten te snijden zijn, maar als je zou willen om te proberen te voorkomen dat te doen zo veel als mogelijk is, kunt u deel uitmaken van een groter mengsel met behulp van een 2: 200-ratio. Het enige wat u hoeft te doen is het dubbele van de hierboven (dwz 2 mg tablet met 200 ml melk) vermelde bedragen. Dit zal gewoon het dubbele van de hoeveelheid vloeistof die je hebt, maar je zult nog steeds te verminderen door dezelfde hoeveelheden hierboven weergegeven.

ENKELE TIPS ik hebt opgepikt langs de weg

(A) Potentie Solution : Ik heb gespeculeerd over een tijdsperiode dat wanneer een mengsel wordt gemaakt met behulp valium en water of valium en melk kan de kracht gedurende een periode verliezen lezen. Ik weet niet of er enig wetenschappelijk bewijs van deze, maar na het ervaren van een probleem waardoor ik denk dat dit waar is, heb ik nu alleen maar genoeg om niet langer duren dan 5 dagen alleen maar om aan de veilige kant te maken. Als u krijgt een punt in je taper waar de 100 ml oplossing blijvend is een stuk langer dan ongeveer 5 dagen, zou je ofwel gewoon weg te gooien alle resterende mengsel, of proberen het maken van een kleiner bemeten batch (bijvoorbeeld 0,5 ml vloeistof valium met 50 ml water of 0,2 ml vloeistof valium met 20 ml water). (b) Het veranderen van tabletten naar vloeistof (of vice versa) : Als je een omschakeling van het gebruik van een combinatie van tabletten en vloeistof om alle vloeistof, of zelfs als u overschakelt naar verschillende merken van tabletten of vloeistof, is het misschien nuttig zijn om uw dosis te houden voor een tijdje, of zelfs een klein updose, gewoon om ervoor te zorgen dat alles soepel te laten verlopen met de overgang. © Slow is Good : De grootste les die ik heb geleerd, en ik kan 't genoeg benadrukken, is denk niet dat tapering sneller zal je uit de benzo sneller en daarom zul je sneller beter te krijgen. U zult niet. Je kunt niet voor de gek je lichaam, en je lichaam zal altijd het laatste woord hebben. Probeer om sneller afbouwen en je lichaam zal alleen maar "nee dat hoeft niet. Ik ben verantwoordelijk ", en je zult een hit te nemen. Ik heb gezien dat het keer op keer weer gebeuren. De manier waarop ik het zie, we hebben allemaal een vooraf bepaalde hoeveelheid tijd voor genezing, en daarom hebben we maar twee keuzes te maken. We kunnen ofwel gaan snel naar de werkelijke conus achter de rug te krijgen, maar waarschijnlijk te lijden van de hele tijd dat we zijn taps toelopend en ook blijven lijden voor onbepaalde tijd daarna tot we genezen. Of we kunnen gaan traag, taper in een tempo dat ons lichaam aanvaardbaar te vinden, ons waardoor aan geen of beheersbaar symptomen en waardoor we een relatief normaal leven leiden. Toen we eindelijk stap uit op het einde zijn we bijna genezen, of voor sommige mensen volledig genezen. Ook gaat te snel met een dagelijkse taper zal bijna altijd het paradoxale effect van het daadwerkelijk maken van uw taper tijd langzamer. Dat is een paar keer gebeurd met mij. Ik heb mijn dagelijkse taper toegenomen, negeerde de signalen dat dingen waren niet goed, en dan heb ik geraakt en moest mijn dosis te houden totdat de dingen beter. Dit heeft ertoe geleid dat het gehele bedrag van de tijd die langer dan wanneer ik alleen zou zitten met de lagere dagelijkse versmalling in de eerste plaats is geweest. Het is valse zuinigheid, of in de woorden van Lewis Carroll "De hurrier ik ga, de behinder ik krijg" . Ik heb gevochten met mijn ongeduld mijn hele taper totdat ik eindelijk nam een grote hit op de 1mg merk. Dat was het punt waarop ik eindelijk sloeg me en zei: "GENOEG". Dit laatste deel van mijn taper wordt langzaam en voorzichtig en (even afkloppen) gedaan Ik ben op dit moment zonder symptomen. Dat maakt me zeker dat als mijn taper eindelijk klaar is zal ik zo dicht mogelijk zijn om volledig genezen mogelijk. Good Luck !!! Als u vragen hebt gewoon vragen.

No worries Diaz-Pam :)

My doctor is going to look at daily reductions if my P Doc agrees.

I told him that I would be possible to get rid of 1 mill every 50 days to start with and he thinks its worth a try if I get the green light.

Hi DP,

My doc wouldn't give me both liquid and tablets, so I took tablets and am going to try your 1 mg to 100 ml of milk method. What I don't get is how you go from a 100 ml glass of milk with 1 mg suspended in it to the reduction each day. Do I draw out the reduction first? If so, and then I drink what is remaining, how do I not know that the tablet was not all at the bottom of the glass or even in any of what I drew out? This may sound dumb, but it worries me that it would be less precise because of this.

????

Help????

When you use milk, the valium is more than likely just "suspended" in the mixture. So what you need to do it keep the mixture moving while you are measuring your dose. I used to do this by "swishing" the mixture well with the syringe while I was measuring. I would also fill up the syringe a couple of times and return it into the mixture, just to make extra sure. All that might have been overkill, but better to be safe than sorry is my motto with benzos. You may see some particles floating around or sitting on the bottom, but that's not valium. It's just the filler in the tablets.

When you start a daily liquid reduction you need to remember that initially you will need to make a new 100ml batch every day. Drink the whole 100ml every day (plus whatever extra valium you need to take) for a little while, as some people feel that they may experience some issues while you get used to the change over.

When you are ready to start tapering you remove from the 100ml the amount you are going to reduce each day (eg 2ml - or whatever amount you have decided on) and then you drink the remaining 98ml.

The next day you make a new 100ml batch and this time you remove (eg) 4ml and you drink the remaining 96ml. The next day you make a new 100ml batch and this time you remove (eg) 6ml and you drink the remaining 94ml. As so on, until you have removed the entire 100ml. That you start all over again, but you have now reduced your overall dose by 1mg.

As you go along you will have more and more of your 100ml left over, eg when you get to a point where you are removing say 20ml, and you are drinking 80ml, you can keep that 20ml and use it as part of your next day's dose. However, if you prefer to not confuse yourself you can just throw away the amount you are reducing each day.

As for whether you measure out what you're discarding or you measure out what you are drinking - that's totally up to you. I used to measure out what I was actually drinking, because I just felt that was a more accurate way of doing it, but it really doesn't matter either way, as long as you just end up drinking the amount you need to on that particular day.

• 1 month later...

Hi my user name is jewels , I have been crossing over from 40mg  temazipam , the first part of the crossover was done very quickly half and half , and it knocked me for six , so it took a while to settle down , I am now on 15mg diazipam and 10 mg temazipam ,

While I have been crossing over I have had a really bad chest infection , whi h took 2 courses of amoxilin to clear up , then I got shingles , that just cleared up before Christmas , I am diabetic and have a low immunesytem  , and I really feel I cant go up any higher with the diazipam , I  had also had a stroke before all this , I just would like to know if I could do the very slow taper first off the 10 mg temazipam ( I have that in liquid ) and the diazipam in 5mg tablets , please can someone help me , I rallied round a bit at Christmas and put on a brave face for my Grandchildren , but have not been able to hardly move or get out of bed for the last 2 days , I been on temazipam for about 15 years ,        thanking you jewels