Hair loss and other stuff

[Ha...]

Any of you have hair loss? How long till it stops? And also missed period and tachycardia? I'm a mess today no sleep last night! I sometimes feel hells just beginning but I did have a three day window this early I thought I was in the clear. Wrong!! 13 years of many different benzos ending with a taper off clonazepam surly won't heal over night!! Love to hear from any of you!!!  :smitten:

I had minor/moderate hair loss for several months starting at around months 3-4, but by 8-9 months off it was visibly growing back and now it's completely normal.  Many others have reported similar experiences.  Withdrawal is a temporary shock to your system. It will grow back.

:thumbsup:

my hairloss was quite strong and scary , i think because of rapid detox, but like Megan

at about 8-9 months off it started to grow back again. so don't worry .....yours will as well. :smitten:

HI Heather,

I don't know how old you are or where you are in your cycles. Hair loss,  tachycardia and amenorrhoea can certainly be w/d related but could also be menopausal symptoms too. I had hair loss and tachycardia at the onset of my menopause. Have you discussed this with your doctor? I think I would if I were you.

Chinook :hug:

Chinook I have been to heart dr. Endocrinologist for thyroid and hormones and so many blood tests and guess what? They are all normal. Never missed a period until withdrawl I was ten days late once. But yeah all this time and money as well as three er trips for tachycardia I'm healthy minus this. Oh I am 35. I was told at age 21 I had a brain tumor that along story short I did not have that's when my story began on benzos. Then age 29 was dx with thyroid cancer. I'm clean still after four surgeries and radio active iodine. I'm defiantly humble at this point.

Wow Heather it sounds like you've been through quite a lot with the thyroid diagnosis and subsequent surgeries. You've had a lot on your plate!

I lost some hair through w/d but also the natural thinning out process that sometimes accompanies menopause. I don't think it's grown back but it does seem to have stopped.

I'm glad you've been checked out and everything is okay. It's always best to err on the side of caution. Feel better soon.

Chinook

Yeah love the  thyroid! The worst part so far is the heart beating then adrenaline rush and panick for hours. That's so draining. I should have tapered longer than three weeks. Go me! Thank u kindly for your reply!!