Extreme eye pain?

[Is...]

Hi all,

My eyes hurt bad, especially my right eye. The right eye keeps closing. They feel better when closed. During tolerance my right eye closed up and turned inward but got better in time.  This eye pain and closing of eye started up a few days ago.

Does anyone else have eye pain? Frustrating this is back. 

Love IslandGirl

Hi IslandGirl,

I'm sorry you are suffering.

I've had a lot of problems on and off with my eyes since I started tapering and it's ongoing now. From what I've read eye problems are quite commonplace for people in withdrawal. I have had shooting pains in both eyes, burning and intermittent bloodshot eyes, I'm certain all of this is withdrawal related.

I hope this symptom leaves you soon.

Debbie x

Thanks Debbie for the reply.  I am so sorry we have to go thru this. I wish you well and send warm thoughts.  It is nice to know I am not alone..

Anyone else in bb land having eye pain post benzo?

love IslandGirl

Thanks Debbie for the reply.  I am so sorry we have to go thru this. I wish you well and send warm thoughts.  It is nice to know I am not alone..

Anyone else in bb land having eye pain post benzo?

love IslandGirl

I had a lot of eye pain, extreme dry eye, RED (and I mean red) eyes, and so forth. I still have a bit of it, though it HAS gotten better.  My eyes have always been sensitive.  I went to the eye doctor three times in the first year off, while I only saw my regular doctor once.  They never found anything wrong with my eyes. But if you didn't have this kind of eye sensitivity before withdrawal, it will go away eventually. 

:smitten:

My eyes are dry and red a lot, also have a pulsing feeling in them and when I close my eyes they feel like they shake real fast hard to explain.