Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Okay Team, onward toward Spring or I Fall if your Shay.

Jerry I relate to overdoing it ... nice website I like the colorful photos!

Shay, yeah, without the cpap I snore sadly.

Two bad nights ... they distress me, or should I say I allow them to distress me SO much. But, other things in my life are bugging and stressing me which may be part of why I'm not sleeping. So ... I know I was spoiled the first half of my taper, pretty easy times. I need Plan B for this second half. I'm going to hold still, I think it's right for me but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe going down will help me sleep better, it seemed to when I first tapered. Thoughts??

Having a deja vu right now when I typed that.

It's light later and that is happy. Light earlier too. God sleep is heaven, isn't it???  :angel:

Kachina x I hope it gets better as u get lower, but if it doesn’t .. I’m here to be ur insomnia buddie x

Hold until ur ready. This is a mental game. When ur strong mentally, u are ready to go lower.

We’re here for u!

Hey Kachina I'm sorry you are having a tough time.  Yes I guess you can hold awhile at your current dose. You probably haven't hit inter-dose tolerance withdrawal have you?  I did and so with the short half life of the ambien I had such distressing symptoms every day that I actually felt some relief when I dropped in the taper.  I admit I went pretty fast, so maybe I'm paying for it now. But if you can go nice and slow it will probably be best.  BTW what do you take the LDN for?  Is it for pain relief?

I hear ya on the tough nights and letting them get to you.  So hard when you are lying there in pain for it not to impact your thoughts.  Had a bad night too last night and all I can think that I did differently was to sit in the sun for like 10 minutes.  Is it possible I've become sensitive to sunlight now? My all time most favorite thing to do?  Had a bad reaction to Vitamin C and D a couple weeks ago.  But wouldn't think the most natural of Vit D factories would also pose a problem.  Don't care, I must sit in the sun!! :tickedoff:

Hang in there Jerry!! Perhaps the change in seasons is affecting all of us.

Hey Team Z!!!! Sounds like we all had rough & tough consecutive days like 2-4 in a row! Wow! I had my share too. Feeling like acute stage round 2!Yes, Deanna, I understand how you feel. But I'm feeling a bit better now. Walked outside today got plenty of fresh air and sunlight. I know the pollen has started because as soon as I came in I felt the sinus pressure and starting sinus headache. Ahhhh choooo! A few times in a row! I sneezed so hard I thought I broke a window or split my undies.  :laugh: Me and daughter and her friend decorated my porch for St Patrick's day. It turned out very cute. Shamrocks, leprechaun hat, green flowers with gold coins, shamrock garden flags and green here and there.

Kachina, once you get to 5mg or lower, I'd suggest you stay on the schedule of reducing on the 14th day if things are bearable. The reason is what Deanna said. You'll just be sick longer from taking it longer. I'm sure you're already in tolerance and interdose withdrawal. Which is why you're having crappy days now. Ambien has a very short half life. So your body is making you feel yucky to get you to take your next dose. This is why evenings are pretty rough. I'm sure from your post that you're having some anxiety/hesitation about reducing. This is completely normal and it's ok. It's most likely fear of not sleeping or symptoms. I want to encourage you to not be too scared. I also hit this wall and held for a month a couple of times. If this is what you need to do, then do it. What I did was picked a date that I will make my next reduction and stuck with it. The best way is on the day you're going to reduce don't give it any mental gasoline. In other words, just do it as if you're already on that dose. One thing you know by now from cutting before is YOU WONT DIE. You are so right not to give in to fears. Tell those fears to kiss your grits and keep going. You got this, sweetie!  :thumbsup:

Kachina lady and dee both wd from ambien and they’re sleeping okay 👍🏼

You will too! Zopiclone is a different animal and also u have been stabile on ur dose so u will be fine. I think the reason I’m having trouble is because my zop stopped working long ago xx I was deep in tolerance already.

It’s going to be fine honey x u can do this xx

Hello out there,

I'm crying reading your comments.

Thank you SO MUCH.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lady, that really helps me understand--I'm just extending the amount of time I'm on it. Read your comments twice, thank you.

I feel so emotional ... I don't want to be on this poison and I just read about interpose withdrawal on benzoinfo.com.

Okay, this is it, I'm going to go back to tapering every 14 days. Think I'll make it Sunday nights. I've been at 5mg this whole month.

Deanna, I take LDN for fibromyalgia, hashimotos and mood. I take an extremely low dose and the day I took it is the same day I got off tramadol. I wonder about the sun, so glad to hear you got some, hope you feel better now?

Jerry, how's it going across the pond?

Lady, your porch sounds FUN! I'm happy you're out walking enjoying the approaching Spring.

Shay, how about we be sleep buddies instead, lol! Jeez, it's 4am Saturday there and 9am Friday here. Hope you're sleeping.

LOVE and TGIF and so much thanks.  :-*

Hey Team Z!!!! Sounds like we all had rough & tough consecutive days like 2-4 in a row! Wow! I had my share too. Feeling like acute stage round 2!Yes, Deanna, I understand how you feel. But I'm feeling a bit better now. Walked outside today got plenty of fresh air and sunlight. I know the pollen has started because as soon as I came in I felt the sinus pressure and starting sinus headache. Ahhhh choooo! A few times in a row! I sneezed so hard I thought I broke a window or split my undies.  :laugh: Me and daughter and her friend decorated my porch for St Patrick's day. It turned out very cute. Shamrocks, leprechaun hat, green flowers with gold coins, shamrock garden flags and green here and there.

Kachina, once you get to 5mg or lower, I'd suggest you stay on the schedule of reducing on the 14th day if things are bearable. The reason is what Deanna said. You'll just be sick longer from taking it longer. I'm sure you're already in tolerance and interdose withdrawal. Which is why you're having crappy days now. Ambien has a very short half life. So your body is making you feel yucky to get you to take your next dose. This is why evenings are pretty rough. I'm sure from your post that you're having some anxiety/hesitation about reducing. This is completely normal and it's ok. It's most likely fear of not sleeping or symptoms. I want to encourage you to not be too scared. I also hit this wall and held for a month a couple of times. If this is what you need to do, then do it. What I did was picked a date that I will make my next reduction and stuck with it. The best way is on the day you're going to reduce don't give it any mental gasoline. In other words, just do it as if you're already on that dose. One thing you know by now from cutting before is YOU WONT DIE. You are so right not to give in to fears. Tell those fears to kiss your grits and keep going. You got this, sweetie!  :thumbsup:

Kachina I know ur scared. I was too. I still am. But look how many drugs I got off. I’m no stronger than u x u can do it I promise and if things get rough I will be right here x

No unfortunately I’m not asleep I had a bad night, but the night before I had 5 hours I think! I even started back at gym yesterday.

Have u tried baylissas group? This morning when I got sick of trying to fall back asleep I just listened to her webinar and it really helps me. She’s so positive and she says everyone heals and she says she’s never seen a case that hasn’t in all her time doing what she does. So when I’m feeling sad about this I listen to one of her webinars and it calms me down x

I have to say even tho my sleep is still bad, all of my other symptoms have gone. Except when I have a run of bad nights I get very teary but who wouldn’t.

It will be ok kachina x

Hey Kachina, You say you are just so emotional?  Well I found that Ambien was a trigger for this.  I think it acts on that part of the brain for sure.  When I first started taking oit many years ago my husband said that I was like a different person the next morning, all snippy and rude.  So I started being more self aware about it, and sure enough I noticed how angry or irritable I'd be.  Oh if only I stopped it then.  But I continued to take it and many years later still being self aware I felt like I had no emotion for anything at all.  So please know that as you taper your emotions might be impacted by the changes (healing) in your brain.  Just go with it.  Emotions come and go, and pass through you like energy.  Don't be afraid to show them and move on.

Shay, That statement by Baylissa is so uplifting! That in all her time working with ppl on benzos she hasn't seen anyone that HASN'T healed?! I'm going to hang on to that one for sure.  And a 5hr night!!! Yay! I think you are doing super well and if that's your only remaining symptom then you are killing it!

Hope everyone else is doing OK.  My pain is a bit more manageble lately, and my adrenaline rushes have calmed down.  Now I find I wake up ravenous.  I'm good with that one.  I definitely feel some changes going on.  I've been doing very little so I hope as I increase my activity I don't revert back.  Going to start my 8th month Monday!

Hey Deanna x

Yep she even talks about Mr B, who has a success story on here. He didn’t heal for 12 years she said that his case was very protracted but even he healed. She said she’s seen all kinds of extreme cases heal. I’m hanging onto it too.

Thanks dee. I know once the insomnia stops I’ll be back to normal, but it’s not going to be over for a while feels like. X I’m not off yet

Thank you for the encouragement!

Shay, back at the gym and 5hrs of sleep!!!! Congrats! Great to hear your other symptoms are gone!

Deanna, I do feel like I can let my emotions out when they come ... and I am much happier now that I don't even try drugs for any of the issues caused by fibromyalgia which might just be caused by ambien it really seems. Glad you can rest and that it's helping you.

Thanks for the suggestion~are you ladies members on Baylissa's site, is that how you follow her? Looks like a good resource.

Will start back at my taper tonight. Last night I woke up in a lot of pain about 2 hours after I went to sleep, so here's what I did:  put on my blue light blockers, put in my (new, first time owning!!) wireless headphones, went on my phone on amazon prime and found a sleep meditation to listen to. It was about taking a train ride. I love riding on a nice train and it made me think about wanting to do that in Europe! Anyway, it calmed me down, didn't put me to sleep, but I did get back to sleep and was very glad.

I am most afraid of not falling asleep as I go through this second taper.

Sun is out here but it's very cold. Hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

Hey Team Z. How's everyone doing? Really missed you guys. Waves been getting me. But they're becoming shorter and less intense. I call this the 9 months blues. Lol Except I don't get a baby at the end. I'm starting to have strange symptoms pop in and out for very short periods. Like bottom lip tingling, burning eyes, floaters in my vision etc.

Yes I've read about some protracted cases too. I know Becksblue is one of them that hasn't healed yet after 8 years. I still have hope for her. Especially after reading someone was 10 years post jump woke up one morning completely healed. Those people must have great strength to endure that. I admire them.

I'm doing ok. Still going through the motions and staying distracted with positive things. I hope y'all are having a great day. Hugs

Thank you for the encouragement!

Shay, back at the gym and 5hrs of sleep!!!! Congrats! Great to hear your other symptoms are gone!

Deanna, I do feel like I can let my emotions out when they come ... and I am much happier now that I don't even try drugs for any of the issues caused by fibromyalgia which might just be caused by ambien it really seems. Glad you can rest and that it's helping you.

Thanks for the suggestion~are you ladies members on Baylissa's site, is that how you follow her? Looks like a good resource.

Will start back at my taper tonight. Last night I woke up in a lot of pain about 2 hours after I went to sleep, so here's what I did:  put on my blue light blockers, put in my (new, first time owning!!) wireless headphones, went on my phone on amazon prime and found a sleep meditation to listen to. It was about taking a train ride. I love riding on a nice train and it made me think about wanting to do that in Europe! Anyway, it calmed me down, didn't put me to sleep, but I did get back to sleep and was very glad.

I am most afraid of not falling asleep as I go through this second taper.

Sun is out here but it's very cold. Hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

I’m a member on baylissas site. I’ve spoken with her and she’s just lovely x

Hey Team Z. How's everyone doing? Really missed you guys. Waves been getting me. But they're becoming shorter and less intense. I call this the 9 months blues. Lol Except I don't get a baby at the end. I'm starting to have strange symptoms pop in and out for very short periods. Like bottom lip tingling, burning eyes, floaters in my vision etc.

Yes I've read about some protracted cases too. I know Becksblue is one of them that hasn't healed yet after 8 years. I still have hope for her. Especially after reading someone was 10 years post jump woke up one morning completely healed. Those people must have great strength to endure that. I admire them.

I'm doing ok. Still going through the motions and staying distracted with positive things. I hope y'all are having a great day. Hugs

Yes protracted people are total warriors. X

Sending u hugs x

Hi Z'all,

Today starts my 8th month.  Good riddance to M7! It was a toughie.  I'm sleeping ok, still have morning yuck, but that is getting a little more mild.  My nerve pain is the one symptom that just wont take a break, but it does move around.  I was thrilled that my hip/leg/foot pain was gone for 6 weeks (replaced with neck and shoulder pain), but it is back for an encore.  And my fatigue is nearly constant. 

Trying to stay positive and have stepped up my meditation and breathing.  I am SO READY for Spring!! I think some regular sun will lift my moody neurotransmitters. 

Hoping for healing for z'all of us  :hug:

Hi Z'all,

Today starts my 8th month.  Good riddance to M7! It was a toughie.  I'm sleeping ok, still have morning yuck, but that is getting a little more mild.  My nerve pain is the one symptom that just wont take a break, but it does move around.  I was thrilled that my hip/leg/foot pain was gone for 6 weeks (replaced with neck and shoulder pain), but it is back for an encore.  And my fatigue is nearly constant. 

Trying to stay positive and have stepped up my meditation and breathing.  I am SO READY for Spring!! I think some regular sun will lift my moody neurotransmitters. 

Hoping for healing for z'all of us  :hug:

Dee this is a milestone! Congrats on 8 maths x u have a strong attitude towards the pain. So unfair and seems like this may be the one that sticks around a bit longer. There’s always one that doesn’t want to budge! Lots of love to u dee I hope the pain lifts forever very soon x

Congrats Deanna on 8 months!!! Way to go girl. Keep pushing forward. We got your back! I'm right here with you!  :thumbsup:

Kachina I know you're scared. I know that you have concerns. But don't let the Ambien bully get to you. That beast wants you to be scared and worried about sleeping. Also Deana is right. It can make you have irritability or snappy and not even realize it. I had the same experience too. Keep going sweetie. It will be ok. You will sleep. Maybe not good at first but your brain is an amazing organ that knows how to take what it needs to heal. Look at Shay's struggle with sleep. She's still alive and starting to sleep better. I'm sleeping well most nights and Deanna is ok too. Do your best not to worry about it right now. Cross that bridge when it happens. I'm glad you were able to fall back to sleep. Also that you used your coping skills listening to something you enjoy. Train to Europe sounds good. Can I go??? Lol

Shay I agree with you. It seems we all have one symptom that's our worst that hangs around. When that starts improving then we know for sure it won't be long. Thanks for your love. I hope you have many more 5 hour nights. I'm glad Baylissa is a help to you.

Becks I think you're right sweetie. Pre existing conditions are tough by themselves to deal with every day. I'm sure the benzos make them worse. I still have hope for your healing. I think about you every day even though I don't tell you. This might be the year for you, Becks.  :thumbsup:

Anyone heard from Jerry????

Hi Z- people,

At the moment, I am quite busy with music. Playing online. That is good, because it takes my attention away from tapering. I am still doing a hold. I  think I’ll restart in April. The mornings are not good, but much better than before I started the taper. Still a lockdown here, so no swimming for me. If I need something apart from groceries I buy it online. Wish you all a good time! Huggs  :smitten: Jerry  :thumbsup:

Really great to hear from all of you.

Thanks a million for all the encouragement.

Thanks a million for those of you in the lead, coming here to help ..... modeling success.

I am completely wiped out, was hit hard on Saturday and I can't seem to slow myself down enough, there's so much to do and take care of. BUT, I did taper on March 1, down too 4.50mg. So that's 2 nights behind me. I felt like it was a miracle that I slept, lol.

Yes, Lady, I'm going to believe you that my brain can heal. I am in so much pain tonight. So unclear what the cause is but will just keep going. Feels great to feel able and willing to shave off that tiny bit of the pill~just like you said.

So, tomorrow I WILL REST. I will rest. I have been doing some deep breathing while going to sleep, saw this super cool youtube video of a woman explaining the vagus nerve and why the deep breaths are so helpful to our nervous system and parasympathetic systems, etc. And I'll start resting now. I lay on a roller and massage out some of my muscles.

Wishing you all goodness.

Lady, we're on the same train!!

Shay did you sleep some more?

Becks, I relate to the compounding effect of other issues.

Deanna, you're working so hard!

Jerry, glad you're having fun, must be some signs of Spring out there. I understand the need to hold.

Others reading here ... how are you? How's it going?!!

:smitten:

Jerry,

Hmmm not really kachina. Some nights zero, some 2 hrs, some 5. All over the place still. I’ve had 4.5 hrs in 3 days so I’m feeling pretty rough but I still went and did Pilates today and cleaned my house. So I’m not sitting around all the time. Yesterday I didn’t do a lot but I still managed to take my kids to appointments and school so I’m doing the best I can.

I’ve been getting really bad lower back pain and that’s where I herniated a disc a few years ago, so I’m a bit worried it might go on me. So I’ll be resting with a heat pack when I get home. I’m going to make some golden paste too coz that helped last time.

Jerry u sound good don’t worry about the taper it’s good to put it out of ur mind especially when ur feeling ok xx

Really great to hear from all of you.

Thanks a million for all the encouragement.

Thanks a million for those of you in the lead, coming here to help ..... modeling success.

I am completely wiped out, was hit hard on Saturday and I can't seem to slow myself down enough, there's so much to do and take care of. BUT, I did taper on March 1, down too 4.50mg. So that's 2 nights behind me. I felt like it was a miracle that I slept, lol.

Yes, Lady, I'm going to believe you that my brain can heal. I am in so much pain tonight. So unclear what the cause is but will just keep going. Feels great to feel able and willing to shave off that tiny bit of the pill~just like you said.

So, tomorrow I WILL REST. I will rest. I have been doing some deep breathing while going to sleep, saw this super cool youtube video of a woman explaining the vagus nerve and why the deep breaths are so helpful to our nervous system and parasympathetic systems, etc. And I'll start resting now. I lay on a roller and massage out some of my muscles.

Wishing you all goodness.

Lady, we're on the same train!!

Shay did you sleep some more?

Becks, I relate to the compounding effect of other issues.

Deanna, you're working so hard!

Jerry, glad you're having fun, must be some signs of Spring out there. I understand the need to hold.

Others reading here ... how are you? How's it going?!!

:smitten:

Jerry,

Hey Kachina, I am so sorry you are in pain.  I am right there with you  :'(

But uber-congratulations on getting down further to 4.5mg.  I remember when I was at that point I was so eager to ditch the pills that I found myself shaving off just a little more each night.  I just knew I was on the right path.  And I must say that while I'm still in pain, it is different than when I was still on the drug.  I had this one pain pattern that just wouldn't let up and would bring me to tears, also I'm pretty sure now looking back that I was very depressed.  I didn't realize it at the time.

It's agonizingly slow but you are making progress  :smitten:

Hmmm not really kachina. Some nights zero, some 2 hrs, some 5. All over the place still. I’ve had 4.5 hrs in 3 days so I’m feeling pretty rough but I still went and did Pilates today and cleaned my house. So I’m not sitting around all the time. Yesterday I didn’t do a lot but I still managed to take my kids to appointments and school so I’m doing the best I can.

I’ve been getting really bad lower back pain and that’s where I herniated a disc a few years ago, so I’m a bit worried it might go on me. So I’ll be resting with a heat pack when I get home. I’m going to make some golden paste too coz that helped last time.

Jerry u sound good don’t worry about the taper it’s good to put it out of ur mind especially when ur feeling ok xx

Hey Shay,  Try not to worry too much about the back pain.  When I was trying to figure out my pain they found some "arthritis" in my L4-L5, and off I went to steroid injections (made it worse!)...I think the body may sense there is a tiny abberation and the CNS fixates on an area bringing our attention to it.  My firm belief (at least in my case) is that our neurotransmitters are all out out of whack and we end up feeling pain when we ordinarily would not.  Lack of sleep certainly makes it worse.  Maybe just rest the area and massage the area?  Pilates is REALLY HARD, so kudos to you!

Hey Shay,  Try not to worry too much about the back pain.  When I was trying to figure out my pain they found some "arthritis" in my L4-L5, and off I went to steroid injections (made it worse!)...I think the body may sense there is a tiny abberation and the CNS fixates on an area bringing our attention to it.  My firm belief (at least in my case) is that our neurotransmitters are all out out of whack and we end up feeling pain when we ordinarily would not.  Lack of sleep certainly makes it worse.  Maybe just rest the area and massage the area?  Pilates is REALLY HARD, so kudos to you!

Thanks dee. No sleep last night and my whole body hurts today. The pain makes me walk like an old lady. Will go get some acupuncture today to try and ease it a bit x

Hey Team Z. Good to read the posts. Looks like everyone are handling their journey as best as they can, including myself. Jerry I'm sorry you're still in lockdown. I know you miss that pool. Hopefully it'll open soon.

Kachina I'm very proud that you're down to 4.5mg. Great job. You're almost at the end. I'm glad the reduction wasn't bad. Sorry you've had some pain. I think resting more is a great idea. Listening to our bodies is a must. Glad the music is helping.

Shay I hope the acupuncture will help your pain. But I'm not calling you an old lady. Lol Do you think it was your trip to the gym? Maybe over did it? Just a thought. I'm sure your sleep will return soon. 

Deanna I agree with you about our neurotransmitters. We must keep in mind that they make us have pains out of the blue whenever they feel like it. Just last night my right arm was hurting as I was going to sleep for no reason at all. I've never had arm pain. Woke up this morning and it was gone.

Becks I hope you're feeling better and enjoying your day. I'm so glad it's Spring. The beautiful birds are singing every morning. I lay in bed listening until my morning dread passes. I love going out in the morning sun watching them play in my birdbath.

I went for a short walk today, sat on my back porch for the first time in a very long time and painted my nails. I was so happy.