Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

I’m going to fast taper Valium. It’s not helping me sleep so it’s time. It’s either that or an updose which might not work. Will be leaning on u guys a bit to keep up x

We got your back Shay. Please be careful with what you decide. You have a family to care for and I don't want you to suffer unnecessarily. I wish you the best!

[05...]

I’m going to fast taper Valium. It’s not helping me sleep so it’s time. It’s either that or an updose which might not work. Will be leaning on u guys a bit to keep up x

5mg of diazepam is supposed to be equal to 7.5mg zopiclone. So 1.3mg diazepam is barely 2mg zop.

Yeah I would fast taper it. Best of luck to you.

Happy Friday to All - It appears we've made it through another week.  Yay!

Jerry hope you are feeling better.  Sometimes our bodies just experience a one-off.  Who knows what it might be related to!

Shay I am very proud of you getting rid of the rest of the Zop pills.  It shows how much you are over the psychological dependency! You should feel good about that!  I am with you re: the fast taper for valium...You want to be off everything and there's a lot to be said for that because even though there may be tough times still, you can relish in the fact that the poison will be no longer in your body.  I wish you good luck and will be thinking about you.

Kachina so very sorry about you experiencing stress.  We are so very sensitive to ANY sort of stress.  I hope you recover quickly both in body and mind.  Keep up your breathing.  It trains our Autonomic Nervous System to calm down and not get stuck in fight or flight.

I have been practicing being a hermit - to protect my fragile CNS.  I will go visit my daughter and son-in-law this WE.  I will likely overdo it so I'm mentally prepared to feel icky afterwards but I miss them so much  :smitten:

Hope everyone has a good WE!!!

Thanks dee. I never thought about having one so I wasn’t worried about that. But it was good to see them go. Something I’ve worked so hard for this last 2 years. I’m proud of myself but I still have a long way to go.

Thanks for ur support with the fast taper. I’ll do my best. I am scared but I’m also trying to get in the right mind frame to do it. I hope the universe gives me a break. I’ve wd from 8 drugs, (all spose to help with sleep) it would sure be nice for this one to just be easy. Putting it out there 🙌🏻

Thanks dee. I never thought about having one so I wasn’t worried about that. But it was good to see them go. Something I’ve worked so hard for this last 2 years. I’m proud of myself but I still have a long way to go.

Thanks for ur support with the fast taper. I’ll do my best. I am scared but I’m also trying to get in the right mind frame to do it. I hope the universe gives me a break. I’ve wd from 8 drugs, (all spose to help with sleep) it would sure be nice for this one to just be easy. Putting it out there 🙌🏻

Whoever may be running the universe should know how much you deserve a break!!!

Whoever may be running the universe should know how much you deserve a break!!!

Just please give me 3 hours sleep a night universe and I promise I won’t complain. X

Happy Friday Team Z! I hope everyone is doing well. Jerry I'm glad that you had a better night.

Kachina are you feeling better today? Have you noticed any changes since you updosed?

Deanna sounds like you'll be enjoying your family this weekend. Please be careful not to overdo it. I'd hate to hear that it gave you big waves. I think the rest of us have had our share of those. Have a good time, dear!

Shay hopefully you'll get your 3 hour sleep wish. That's not much to ask....kick rocks Maggie!

As for me, I'm doing ok. I had a medium wave yesterday and this morning but it settled just in time for my therapy. Afterwards I was exhausted with Davy Jones ( pulling sensation) and Jack Sparrow ( boaty drunk feeling). Both of them were jumping on my bed and laughing. Bloody pirate chit-heads! After I laid down for a couple of hours they settled down but still hanging around. I'm planning to go for a short car ride this Sunday if I'm not in a big wave. Wish me luck!

Curse those scurvy pirates! A car ride!!!  :smitten:

I remember when u said u missed that and now look! Such wonderful news x

I’m at the beach today, I want to say a window but it’s not quite. I feel off but that’s normal atm. I find myself symptom checking all the time and it’s driving me nuts. So I’m trying to shelve it.

Geez my legs need a wax. I look like a yeti. Well I doubt that’s going to happen any time soon  :laugh:

Ha Z ladies ( and man?), today was calm, I didn’t sleep bad, but to say that I felt good, no. Watched EC shorttrack skating, listened to music, went out for a walk. In a few minutes my father comes and we will eat French fries and watch football together. I hope your Sunday  was good! Hugggs  :thumbsup: Jerry

Yeah, no kidding, give her a break!!!

Lady, Did you go on a drive?!

Deanna:  Love your reminders: Keep up your breathing.  It trains our Autonomic Nervous System to calm down and not get stuck in fight or flight. How was your visit, the JOY of getting to visit, I hear you!

Jerry, I want some French fries and I want to be in Europe eating them, lol.

Well, made it through last week and am recovering from the stress. I am holding my dose for now. On top of it I have a job interview on Wednesday so I might hold it longer ... if I'm going to have a big change in my life. I'll trust myself on this. Have not been getting to sleep well and don't want to risk. I couldn't tell if I had any effect from one night of about .50mg more as the stress was so big ... but I only did it one night.

AND there is a bit more daylight at the end of the day and I find that to be very happy!!!

Wishing you a good week, glad you're here. Shay, enjoy the beach and sun ... hairy legs or not!

Curse those scurvy pirates! A car ride!!!  :smitten:

I remember when u said u missed that and now look! Such wonderful news x

I’m at the beach today, I want to say a window but it’s not quite. I feel off but that’s normal atm. I find myself symptom checking all the time and it’s driving me nuts. So I’m trying to shelve it.

Geez my legs need a wax. I look like a yeti. Well I doubt that’s going to happen any time soon  :laugh:

Oh my gosh  :laugh: that bad???? A yeti???? LOL I think I got you beat. I'm too dizzy to look down to shave mine for awhile now. Maybe mine is long enough to braid it and put cute ribbons on each one  :laugh:

Well the car ride didn't happen. I'm going to try this coming Sunday. I'm glad you were having a window to enjoy the beach. I ate pizza last night. Wow it was SO delicious. I woke up in a wave (not huge but bigger than a medium size). I'm not sure if it was the pizza or just time to have on again. It's hard to tell. So I ate a half a slice tonight to see how I feel in the morning. Perhaps I simply ate too much at once.

Kachina unfortunately I waited too late to try a car ride. We ere so caught up in the game. Well we have the Buccaneers vs the Chiefs for Super Bowl. I'm cheering for the Buccaneers because they beat my Saints to knock us out of Super Bowl so they deserve it! I'm glad you're stress is relieved a bit. I was concerned about you. It might be a good idea to give yourself a little more rest. Hugs to you.

Jerry eating fries! I'm with Kachina where is my share? LOL and pass the ketchup!

Deanna hope you're doing ok. How's the weather in your state? Here it's raining off and on but when it leaves were expected spring temperature in the 70s. Hopefully I'll be feeling well enough to walk outside more.

Happy Australia Day team z 🇦🇺

Nothing more Aussie than running down the beach so ur feet don’t get burnt on the sand. The beaches are packed with people enjoying the sun and playing cricket.

I just saw a man wearing a g string (thong) playing cricket. Seems like an appropriate outfit to wear. 👍🏼🏏🇦🇺🤷🏼‍♀️

Next taper step started yesterday eve...  feel worse worse... than normal...  :sick:... nevertheless I’ll do my saxlesson this afternoon. Jazza

Update; Yes, I just had my saxlesson, it was tough, but it went well!  :thumbsup:

Hi Everyone!  I had a very nice WE with my daughter and son-in-law.  Did not push too much, but did get out shopping with my girl and arranged a quick meeting in the store with a good friend who I haven't seen in ages bc of COVID.  I thoroughly enjoyed the visit (no symptoms during the visit) although my curated daily schedule was disrupted.  I stayed overnight and slept OK, but was very fatigued when I got home.  Didn't do too much yesterday, just tried to get back into my rhythm.  Today like clockwork I received the wave I was expecting, although it was a slight variation of the pain pattern just to keep me on my toes.  Neck, shoulders and upper arms are near frozen and I did nothing specific to anger those body parts. Feeling the benzo flu today.  If it holds to previous waves I should be better by Thursday.  We'll see!

I see everyone is hanging in there.  Kachina I am very impressed that you are going on a job interview! Best of luck to you! Pls let us know how it goes!

LadyD - glad you enjoyed the game and I'm sure a car ride is in your near future.

Shay it sounds like you are a bit better and taking in the sun.  I envy that it is your summer.  Enjoy!

Jerry you are a trooper keeping up your activities despite not feeling great! Good for you!!

Smooches to all  :smitten:

Hi All,

Love reading your comments.

Jerry, does the rainy weather effect your mood? Congrats on your taper.

Lady, Yes!! A car ride is in your future. That will be great.

Deanna, wow your pain, sorry to hear it. But back in your routine is good.

Shay, omg, beach sounds too crowded for me!

Becksblue, you're funny, you must have a male model in mind, lol!

xoxo  :smitten:

Hi Everyone!  I had a very nice WE with my daughter and son-in-law.  Did not push too much, but did get out shopping with my girl and arranged a quick meeting in the store with a good friend who I haven't seen in ages bc of COVID.  I thoroughly enjoyed the visit (no symptoms during the visit) although my curated daily schedule was disrupted.  I stayed overnight and slept OK, but was very fatigued when I got home.  Didn't do too much yesterday, just tried to get back into my rhythm.  Today like clockwork I received the wave I was expecting, although it was a slight variation of the pain pattern just to keep me on my toes.  Neck, shoulders and upper arms are near frozen and I did nothing specific to anger those body parts. Feeling the benzo flu today.  If it holds to previous waves I should be better by Thursday.  We'll see!

I see everyone is hanging in there.  Kachina I am very impressed that you are going on a job interview! Best of luck to you! Pls let us know how it goes!

LadyD - glad you enjoyed the game and I'm sure a car ride is in your near future.

Shay it sounds like you are a bit better and taking in the sun.  I envy that it is your summer.  Enjoy!

Jerry you are a trooper keeping up your activities despite not feeling great! Good for you!!

So wonderful that you had a great time and enjoyed your visit with your friend. I was wondering how it went. Thx for the report. Yes after I have a good window, I brace for a big wave. Especially if I really enjoyed myself.  :laugh: my waves have a predictable pattern as well. Do you get night waves? A wave when going to sleep?

I’m so glad u had a nice weekend with ur daughter and friend. Must be so nice to see people after a long lockdown dee x lots of love x