Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Btw Ladies, I am really happy that we support eachother here, we are in different stages of tapering, but this way we feel less alone in our taper struggle. This time I am going to be successful, I hope that you both also will win!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Btw. I recently made a public playlist on spotify, with songs with great sax solos, this is it; https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2YlkS3iWKIuJ6gTM6VaIcG?si=UiX9AekYTAOwkzjjPbk7ng

Yes we are all in this together jerry x it definitely helps me during the hard day’s to feel like I’m not going thru this alone. I will listen to ur sax Spotify while I go for my walk later today! Thanku!

So a next tiny step. I can really feel it. I feel more drowsy than normal. More depressed. I also had a height fear nightmare last night too. Still I am glad that I did it. Of course it takes more time time to get used it.  :crazy:

Just saying hello to all of you, it's nice to start catching on a bit~I needed the explanation about Jack Sparrow, etc. I'll have to dwell on a name for my insomnia ... or my early rising. Midnight Express? Arrives between 3 and 5am and wakes me up?

I'll also have to think of a jumping song. I'm sure there are plenty of them--break up songs!! I don't miss you anymore ... you broke my heart and now you can die ... like that, right?

I do panic a bit when I wake up during the night at 3am ... but then when I wake up later, thus realizing I did go back to sleep, I'm joyful!!

Morning walks are later on the weekend, but I'm eager to get out there. Waiting for my husband who sleeps in and moves slow to get ready! Puppy dog is ready any time.

I'm one week in on the 2nd taper of 0.50mg down to 9.0mg Ambien. Little voice says:  it's not a lot. Self says:  IT COUNTS, I am doing this!!

Wishing you all a peaceful day and evening.  :smitten:

So a next tiny step. I can really feel it. I feel more drowsy than normal. More depressed. I also had a height fear nightmare last night too. Still I am glad that I did it. Of course it takes more time time to get used it.  :crazy:

Keep going jerry x keep trying

Just saying hello to all of you, it's nice to start catching on a bit~I needed the explanation about Jack Sparrow, etc. I'll have to dwell on a name for my insomnia ... or my early rising. Midnight Express? Arrives between 3 and 5am and wakes me up?

I'll also have to think of a jumping song. I'm sure there are plenty of them--break up songs!! I don't miss you anymore ... you broke my heart and now you can die ... like that, right?

I do panic a bit when I wake up during the night at 3am ... but then when I wake up later, thus realizing I did go back to sleep, I'm joyful!!

Morning walks are later on the weekend, but I'm eager to get out there. Waiting for my husband who sleeps in and moves slow to get ready! Puppy dog is ready any time.

I'm one week in on the 2nd taper of 0.50mg down to 9.0mg Ambien. Little voice says:  it's not a lot. Self says:  IT COUNTS, I am doing this!!

I miss waking up at 3-5. Now if I sleep I’m awake before 1.Kachina you are doing great x keep it up. Ur sleep sounds fine. U are already down 1mg so that is progress well done x

Keep going jerry x keep trying

Ha Shayna, don’t worry, I ‘ll stick to this new level now. Did you like the sax solos? I had a calm day today... listened to a lot of music and watched weekend sports; cycling and football. I am not super interested, it is bit like watching a camp fire. Tomorrow I will practice on my saxophones again... I hope you will sleep better coming night!

Ha Birdsong,

I agree small steps are the best method. I’ve tried it several times and went to fast and had to stop. Here it is autumn now and a good time to do a taper. I have not much obligations and the temperature outside is mild/cold. I set myself a goal and that is that after the taper I’ll pick up painting portraits again.

Success with your taper! And keep us up to date,  :thumbsup:

Lightspacer and Shayna, thanks a lot! Wishing you both progress and appreciate your encouragement.

No, would not like waking up at 1am, hope that will change soon for you.

Light, what's your taper looking like?

Today is tougher than yesterday.  :sick: But I got the money from the insurance so I have enough money to buy a coffee machine. But, do I still want to buy such a machine. I start to doubt again.  Coffee is something I enjoy daily, so why not. I will sleep another night over it...

Shay Jerry & Kachina hello! You're all doing well. As Kachina said, withdrawals will lie to you telling you that you're not doing well or you can't do this. Don't listen to that.

Jerry, thx for the sax solos. Good to hear you're feeling better.

Shay I'm happy that you're having a good attitude. I'm very proud of you!

Kachina as Shay said, you're down to 9. That's huge although it doesn't seem like much of a progress. That's less of that crap in your body doing damage. Look at it like this....if you win a game by one point, is it still a win?

I'm doing ok. Just looking forward to turning a corner soon. I've been getting a bit of sun in the mornings for about 5-10 minutes. Walking around a bit more. Eating and sleeping well but boatiness is not much improved. I'm going to push myself a bit more this week..

Big hugs to everyone.

Lady there is some progress there I’m so happy for u x I’m be glad on the day u say u aren’t feeling dizzy x I hope so much it will be soon. I only got 2-3 hrs last night but I was falling asleep on the lounge at 8pm so I went to bed then. I’m feeling so exhausted and I was so tired last night I accidentally took 3mg of val instead of 1.5 I’m so upset about that took 1.5 tablets instead of 1.5mg. Oh well start again tonight. See didn’t make any difference updosing as some other buddies suggested I do so I’ll keep going at 1.5. Jerry it will be ok u will feel off for a couple of weeks when u reduce x

In the evenings I feel a bit better. As if a weight on my head lifts somewhat off. I bought a Nespresso coffee machine this evening together with a milk foam maker. It will arrive on Wednesday evening. I have to give myself treats in this difficult time. Don’t worry Shayna one night more Valium doesn’t harm. Hope you sleep well coming night...

I’m glad u bought urself a treat jerry x u deserve one. I always feel better at night too. Mornings are always bad. Yes just goes to show increasing dose doesn’t work when u are in wd x

Enjoy your gift to yourself Jerry. I bet the aroma will be so lovely. There's just something about the smell of coffee. Even when you can't drink it.

Oh Shay. I'm concerned for you. Are you ok? I'm sorry you accidentally took took much Val. I hope that it's ok being just once. I'm very surprised that it didn't make a difference. But as you said, it happens in WD. Guess you're officially tolerant. I'm hoping Maggie & Mamoa leave you in peace. I'd love to hear you come on here and post to us that you slept 6 7 or 8 hours. What's wrong with your PM by the way?

I’m ok. It’s been very hard. But I’m not dead yet. I think it’s going to be very hard for me unfortunately. I’m not suprised really. I was hopeful but looks like it’s going to be a battle. But I’m ok today I got a few hours sleep. X my pms got turned off last week coz of a few issues but I think they’re working again now x

Ha ladies, I had a nice day, 600m in the swimming pool and I had an Electronic Wind Instrument lesson on my EWI sax. My teacher has the same instrument as me but only in another color. We connect them to the sound system so we hear them ‘live’. We played some jazz songs. I hope your day was good. I will go to my father in an hour to have a meal together... Jerry

Wow jerry that sounds like a great day! Filled with things u enjoy! Started off by a delicious coffee from ur new machine! So glad U had a good day and dinner with ur dad will be lovely x how is he by the way? I know he is lucky to have you keep him company now x

I’m ok. It’s been very hard. But I’m not dead yet. I think it’s going to be very hard for me unfortunately. I’m not suprised really. I was hopeful but looks like it’s going to be a battle. But I’m ok today I got a few hours sleep. X my pms got turned off last week coz of a few issues but I think they’re working again now x

It's ok Shay. You have us to walk with you while you go through this. Happy you slept. I shine you more sleep tonight. Get back Maggie! You old hag!

Maggie is a straight up b*tch. She needs to get knocked out by jacks booze bottle. X how are u doing lady? Or should I say .... me hearty?  ;)

Wow jerry that sounds like a great day! Filled with things u enjoy! Started off by a delicious coffee from ur new machine! So glad U had a good day and dinner with ur dad will be lovely x how is he by the way? I know he is lucky to have you keep him company now x

Today I am home, I will get the coffee machine in the evening. I am not feeling great, but it is ok. A friend of me will come along too, to pick up some music on paper that I copied and printed. My father is ok. I see him often. Mostly for dinner.

Just wondered if anyone on here had bad mental symptoms From stopping meds as most seem have physical symptoms. Unlike lot people I was really happy and stable on low dose zop for years would probably stayed on them, but ignorant doctor made me cold turkey. Since then got intrusive thoughts and similar to OCD type symptoms. Been nearly 2 years have had few days when it's eased bit recently, strangely the sleep not been too bad but mental symptoms been hell.

Hi Leann.  I definitely had mental symptoms, but they took a backseat to the physical ones until I hit tolerance withdrawal on Ambien. At that point I was depressed, had anxiety and panic attacks and had no idea what was happening to me.  Once I started tapering the mental symptoms improved first, and now 3 months post jump I have mostly physical symptoms, but really I am not the same person mentally.  My short term memory is shot, and I do notice that I get very angry even with the ppl most dear to me.  I can't believe how mean I can be in my thoughts about my loved ones.  It surprises me and makes me realize the drug has really impacted my thought patterns.  If I lived alone I would not even notice it, bc I wouldn't be interacting with anyone that closely.  I am almost dead emotionally, and I'm looking forward to the day I can find joy with my loved ones again.  I feel like the drug has made me the most selfish person in the world :-(

Just wondered if anyone on here had bad mental symptoms From stopping meds as most seem have physical symptoms. Unlike lot people I was really happy and stable on low dose zop for years would probably stayed on them, but ignorant doctor made me cold turkey. Since then got intrusive thoughts and similar to OCD type symptoms. Been nearly 2 years have had few days when it's eased bit recently, strangely the sleep not been too bad but mental symptoms been hell.

Ha Leann, how much did you use? I have been on 3.75mg zopiclone for a very long time and since september started tapering. I have height fear anxiety (never had this before) and I am emotionally dead too. This could maybe related to other medication i use. I am not sure about that. Also in the morning, when I wake up,  I have a hangover, during the morning/day this decreases.

Jerry

The last few years about 3 years was taking 1.87 mg a night. Did try stopping first in Oct 18 and think then started getting withdrawal symptoms, I was planning to gradually withdraw over time but when GP retired they suddenly stopped them wouldn't give me any more. It was being made to stop cold turkey triggered it all off. Tapering slowly I'm sure you will eventually be OK just gradually taper down.I went through period feeling emotionally dead coming  off AD's it will pass. Mornings are bad for most people. You are doing the right thing gradually tapering just do it at your own pace. You will do it don't be disheartened if takes few goes, you will get there.