Author Topic: Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)  (Read 234811 times)

[Buddie]

Happy Anniversary to my Z-drug stop-date in June friends, Deanna and [...] and anyone else I'm forgetting.
Thank you for sharing the journey!
lots of love to you
[...] :thumbsup: :smitten: :angel:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Hi Everyone,

I keep a low profile and stay off BB for the most part but pop up every now and then to share how my zolpidem taper is going.
As my signature indicates, I tapered rohypnol over 6 months and have been off 4 months and counting.

Started zolpidem taper at end of February 2022 and have gone from 10mg to 2.3 mg currently in 3 1/2 months.
I am a little ambitious, going for 10% of current dose every 7, 10 or 14 days. So far, so [...].

Of course, I feel terrible much(most) of the time but am managing. Sleep sucks as it has for many months now.
I am working (so far), which is very challenging at times but I think it helps by giving me something to focus on other than my misery.
I like my job, it's not too stressful and I want to be able to provide for my family.

Symptoms are headaches, muscle pain, wobbly legs, anxiety and depression (although the wobbly legs, anxiety and depression are less than when on the rohypnol).

Started taking a .3 micro dose of melatonin (Herbatonin brand) about 2 weeks ago.
Also started a course of supplements recommended by Peter Smith from the UK.
After doing my homework, I don't think he's a charlatan and he's not peddling a miracle cure.
He's definitely not doing it for the money (you don't but the supplements from him, none of them are proprietary).

Anyway, the only path is forward. I will never go back or up dose.
The only questions are when I will get to zero and how things will go when that happens.

Any thoughts, impressions or words of support would be welcomed!

Thanks for your support. I wish everyone the best!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Agoura,  what are/were you main symptoms?

I tried the .3 herbatonin...   did not work for me.  Wish I could find a winning combination to help.

Might I message you?

[...] to know Peter Smith is on the level.  He is really just a lay person who has worked in this area, right?  Not an m.d.  ?

Thanks and [...] luck to you, too!

[Buddie]

Happy Anniversary to my Z-drug stop-date in June friends, Deanna and [...] and anyone else I'm forgetting.
lots of love to you

Hi [...]! What a [...] idea to think of it as a June celebration. My jump date was June 1, 2021 so I'll join in on this one!

Happy weekend to you~  :smitten:

[Buddie]

Hi Zzers,
My life is still very basic, because of my taper I wasn’t feeling well enough to play saxophone the last three weeks, but today I played again. That is a [...] sign. Nevertheless I had my sax lessons each week. My teacher is a very kind person, and he understands my situation. A couple of days ago I discovered a square shaped file among my set of files, which makes it easier to do the final touch, to file very precise. It is a bit hard to explain, but I am glad with it.
On the first of July I have a wedding of an aunt and uncle. So I wait with my next taper step till that event is done.  So in two weeks time. Tomorrow I have a meeting because of an exhibition of my art work in August. And tomorrow I’ll go swimming too. I am also looking forward to Wimbledon (tennis)
I wish all the Zzers [...] days…. Hugg [...]  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Glad you’re doing [...] and back to sax playing again. Awesome! Congrats to your aunt and uncle. May they be happy in love. The art exhibition sounds lovely. I’m very proud of you. I’m sure many people will enjoy your artwork putting big smiles on faces. I wish you all the best! Love and hugs!

[Buddie]

lots of love to you
Thank you [...]! [...] to have you back posting after being MIA. I understand that life can keep us away sometimes. Just know you were thought about and missed. I also want to wish you a happy milestone anniversary next week. You’ve done so very well. I’m proud of you! I know you still have healing to do but your a warrior in this. Sending you lots of love too! ❤️🌹

[Buddie]

Hi Everyone,

I keep a low profile and stay off BB for the most part but pop up every now and then to share how my zolpidem taper is going.
As my signature indicates, I tapered rohypnol over 6 months and have been off 4 months and counting.

Started zolpidem taper at end of February 2022 and have gone from 10mg to 2.3 mg currently in 3 1/2 months.
I am a little ambitious, going for 10% of current dose every 7, 10 or 14 days. So far, so [...].

Of course, I feel terrible much(most) of the time but am managing. Sleep sucks as it has for many months now.
I am working (so far), which is very challenging at times but I think it helps by giving me something to focus on other than my misery.
I like my job, it's not too stressful and I want to be able to provide for my family.

Symptoms are headaches, muscle pain, wobbly legs, anxiety and depression (although the wobbly legs, anxiety and depression are less than when on the rohypnol).

Started taking a .3 micro dose of melatonin (Herbatonin brand) about 2 weeks ago.
Also started a course of supplements recommended by Peter Smith from the UK.
After doing my homework, I don't think he's a charlatan and he's not peddling a miracle cure.
He's definitely not doing it for the money (you don't but the supplements from him, none of them are proprietary).

Anyway, the only path is forward. I will never go back or up dose.
The only questions are when I will get to zero and how things will go when that happens.

Any thoughts, impressions or words of support would be welcomed!

Thanks for your support. I wish everyone the best!
Well done 👍🏼  :thumbsup:
You’re at 2.3mg that is awesome! So what are you waiting on….celebrate that! I think the rate you’re going is fine. 10% every 10 days and 7 days if your last reduction didn’t ramp up symptoms. Soon you will jump and that’s what you’re concerned about, right? Well….
Might I suggest you approach it in a more stress free way. Coming off these meds is a huge deal so IMO t should be ended in a happy memorable way. What I did was firstly, I made peace with coming off knowing that I was doing something great for my health. I accepted that I will not be taking that evil Ambien anymore and never needed it in the first place ( now that I’m looking back on why the doctor started me on it). Choose your jump date and make that night a big deal, my friend. Plan a special meal and a flush party for your remaining pills. Me? I played Ray Charles “ Hit the road Jack” and flushed and danced until I was tired. Wow it was liberatingly fun! Then I got a nice bath, listened to soothing ocean waves on YouTube, got cozy in bed in the dark, closed my eyes pretending I was on the [...] watching those ocean waves and……drifted to sleep. I made it my business not to let worrying about not taking a pill would affect my sleep. I beforehand made up my mind that it was ok if I didn’t. What mattered most was that I was from that night on not poisoning my brain anymore. The next morning I congratulated myself. That night I repeated my bedtime routine….nice bath, soothing music, eyes closed in the dark with imagining myself on the [...]. Guess what? I’m still doing that except now I don’t have to have the soothing music unless I want to. That trained my brain to when I do certain things then I’m ready to fall asleep. And so, I do! I sleep about 7 hours every night. Every so often I’ll wake up about 3-4am but go right back to sleep. N a nutshell….
1) push aside the fears of not sleeping - accept that you might not sleep well for a little while.
2) strict bedtime routine - comfy bed/ pillow/ covers ( weighted blankets are great), relaxing music, go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time daily, keep eyes closed in bed
3) morning sunlight about 20 minutes every morning while giving self affirmations. This helps to reset the brains circadian rhythm ( sleep mechanism)
4) celebrate your jump day! Make it a happy occasion after doing the hard work of coming off. Treat yourself!
5) Make a rule….never take the pills again no matter how you’re feeling. This is why you have a flush party the night you jump. If there’s none around then there’s none to take  :thumbsup:
I’m very excited for your upcoming jump. Keep up the [...] work. I hope this helped you.
Big hugs! 🤗

[Buddie]

Happy 2 years to me!

Also congrats to all of you having a milestone……
Deanna ❤️
Helen ❤️
[...] ❤️
And whoever is in the background reading! Well done!  :thumbsup:
Well we will only get [...] from here. I’m so excited for us all.

Team Z! We are on our way!

[Buddie]

[...] Den!!

You made it to 2 years! Big congratulations to you who have done this on your own and keep encouraging everyone here while you are dealing with your own "kettle of fish".  I hope this is a [...] day for you, friend.   :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

Thank you, Twin! Love you bunches!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: