Author Topic: Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)  (Read 234810 times)

[Buddie]

Should I still be getting wd after 7 weeks off zopliclone

I believe Zopiclone to be the nastiest of the z-drugs, I've witnessed members have more difficulty with it than the others so in my opinion, yes. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

What difficulties did they have [...]?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Yep from what I’ve gathered, I feel the same….it’s nastier than other Z drugs IMO.

[Buddie]

I am also in a nasty period, feel lightheaded and depressed, but I keep on fighting.  :sick:

[Buddie]

I was on Lunesta and Sonata and it's been pretty nasty too so I dunno....

[Buddie]

Anyone just off Zolpidem?   How did you feel?

Or anyone who has been on these boards so has some insight as to how many feel?  thx...

[Buddie]

Hey [...]. Well TBH everyone feels different when coming off Ambien. Some have very mild WD with rebound insomia for a few months then they’re fine. Others have a rough acute WD with insomnia and afterwards make improvements over the next year. Some have a rough acute and very slow improvements over a couple of years ( like me). So nobody can say exact feelings as far as predicting what will be what. There’s only a typical occurrence…..most have rebound insomnia with a few symptoms that get [...] over time.
Me, personally, when I came off Ambien I felt terrible ! BUT I had half my symptoms disappear immediately when I finished my taper.  Others have the same testimony that many of their strange symptoms got [...] after coming off.

[Buddie]

I am still on  a crumb but doing terribly.  Think I am very run down from many years of this  .  Went from clon to valium...  and occasional ambien became regular since the 'long hold group' thought taking samae thing made more sense than switching around.  As someone who has had very bad insomnia most of her life, I now thing switching around is [...] than taking same thing!

I had horrible withdrawal.... kept the ambien.  Lessened it but maybe I simply should not get off?  Getting back to no energy/ huge fatigue/ showering being too hard/ not being able to cope with most anything/aches and flu feelings, etc.

I am on a crumb that maybe weighs .015 or .02 gram.  That is the standard 10 mg pill.
Anyone knwo if 5 mg ambien is same size or is it smaller than 10 mg?

So sick of this at over 5.5 years......

[Buddie]

Hi Zzers,
My life is still very basic, because of my taper I wasn’t feeling well enough to play saxophone the last three weeks, but today I played again. That is a [...] sign. Nevertheless I had my sax lessons each week. My teacher is a very kind person, and he understands my situation. A couple of days ago I discovered a square shaped file among my set of files, which makes it easier to do the final touch, to file very precise. It is a bit hard to explain, but I am glad with it.
On the first of July I have a wedding of an aunt and uncle. So I wait with my next taper step till that event is done.  So in two weeks time. Tomorrow I have a meeting because of an exhibition of my art work in August. And tomorrow I’ll go swimming too. I am also looking forward to Wimbledon (tennis)
I wish all the Zzers [...] days…. Hugg [...]  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

Very well said [...]. I agree about Ambien, so so so glad I'm off that med.

Hello Team Z, checking in to say hi, [...] [...] to see your check-ins, [...] great to see you pouring on the Love.

I cleaned out my night table and found 3 pieces of ambien; in to the trash! I'm coming up on one year next week. Wow. Have some rough nights with lots of stress in my life, but nothing like the pain my body and mind were in on ambien.

Love to you all; sorry I've been MIA, but it's been a huge busy whirlwind and still is.

[...]

Hey everyone I wanted to ask a question. In your opinion is Ambien easier to come off than Valium?  And with Ambiun do the withdrawal symptoms decrease as he doseage is lowered?
Thanks
[...]

I'll give you my experience, I quit both Klonopin and Ambien cold turkey.  Klonopin was extremely difficult and I had a long recovery, with Ambien, it took me awhile to learn how to sleep but I felt so much [...] I didn't care, the horrid thoughts, inner trembling and anxiety were gone by the next day.

I know members who have tapered very slowly and those who have cut by about 10% every couple of weeks with [...] and still others who had my experience.  The way I look at is, because of Ambiens extremely short half life you're basically withdrawing from it every day, I sure was, miserable all day long so it worked for me to cut it out entirely and get on with recovery. 

I'm sure many on this thread don't agree with what I did and I'm not telling you this to influence how you plan to rid yourself, I'm just letting you know we're all different and what works for one may not work for another.  So one would probably ask, what's the use of a forum when we're all so different?  Because this is all we have and even though its all personal and anecdotal, its more than we can get from any other sources because most don't understand or acknowledge what happens to us.