Author Topic: Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)  (Read 227987 times)

[Buddie]

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 In honor of our fallen soldiers who gave their lives defending our country 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Ha [...], is 30 may a special memorial day in the US? We have something similar here in Holland on 4 and 5 may. At the 4th we remember the war deaths and on the 5th, we celebrate the victory after WW2. And especially ‘the freedom’ we have here.
At the moment, I still have tough days due to my last taper step. But even though my jump will be in some months, I feel the finish is getting closer. I also changed my adage today. Saw this one in a stadium of Roland Garros. I follow this tournament these two weeks. It is a nice distraction….
Huggs [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Yes [...] we honor or take a day to remember our fallen soldiers who gave their lives for our country. Your day there sounds very similar to ours. Thanks for sharing that.
Keep going down on your taper. You’re making [...] gains. Won’t be long now, my friend  :thumbsup:
Hugs 🤗

Team Z I’m sending all of you love and happy healing vibes. Keep up the [...] work distracting and making progress. You got this! ❤️👍🏼

[Buddie]

Hi Zzers,
I am wondering how many people here are tapering a z-drug?

[Buddie]

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Team Z ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You’re in my thoughts! Have a great day as best as you can. Keep the stress low as much as possible. Even though this is the hardest thing you’ve ever battled just know it is a battle that can be won!

[Buddie]

Hey everyone I wanted to ask a question. In your opinion is Ambien easier to come off than Valium?  And with Ambiun do the withdrawal symptoms decrease as he doseage is lowered?
Thanks
[...]

[Buddie]

Hey everyone I wanted to ask a question. In your opinion is Ambien easier to come off than Valium?  And with Ambiun do the withdrawal symptoms decrease as he doseage is lowered?
Thanks
[...]

I'll give you my experience, I quit both Klonopin and Ambien cold turkey.  Klonopin was extremely difficult and I had a long recovery, with Ambien, it took me awhile to learn how to sleep but I felt so much [...] I didn't care, the horrid thoughts, inner trembling and anxiety were gone by the next day.

I know members who have tapered very slowly and those who have cut by about 10% every couple of weeks with [...] and still others who had my experience.  The way I look at is, because of Ambiens extremely short half life you're basically withdrawing from it every day, I sure was, miserable all day long so it worked for me to cut it out entirely and get on with recovery. 

I'm sure many on this thread don't agree with what I did and I'm not telling you this to influence how you plan to rid yourself, I'm just letting you know we're all different and what works for one may not work for another.  So one would probably ask, what's the use of a forum when we're all so different?  Because this is all we have and even though its all personal and anecdotal, its more than we can get from any other sources because most don't understand or acknowledge what happens to us.

[Buddie]

I agree with [...]. In my experience I only was on Ambien. It is short acting and you do have WD everyday in some fashion. But to me, it was easy to get off it because I educated myself HERE first to be as mentally prepared as possible before constructing a DOABLE plan. Because I had been on it for over 7 years and at way higher recommended dosage and on the controlled/ extended release, I knew my best shot to avoid seizures and to have a successful taper was to go slow but steady every 2-4 weeks. Mostly every 2 weeks. I made a rule that if I go down I cannot go back up. I stuck by that rule strictly. When I got down to the lower doses I wanted to just jump so bad because it became paradoxically uncomfortable. It made me sick about 20-30 minutes after each dose. But I resisted doing that low dose CT. As [...] said, if this forum didn’t exist I probably would have listened to my doctor and endured a MUCH greater disaster. My doctor’s suggestion was all over the place because most of them do not know how to properly instruct their patients on how to taper these drugs. Mine told me 1. Just stop taking it.it’s no big deal. It’s safe to just quit. WRONG! 2. Start skipping doses to see how you feel. Take one tonight then skip a couple of nights. WRONG! 3. Cut it in half for a week. Then cut that dose in half for a week. WRONG! I was on the CR -it’s strongly advised NOT to cut them because they’re designed to release twice. If they’re cut they can be very dangerous releasing the dose too fast and all at once. The manufacturer and pharmacist informed me of that information. They have had patients die from cutting CR Ambien. SCARY that I was advised it was ok. You don’t know how grateful I am for this forum…[...] is right!
Also I want to add that some people who are on Valium and Ambien choose to taper the short acting drug first- Ambien first. Some do the opposite to have a go to for sleeping at night. It is a personal choice. One that should be made after researching what’s best for the individual.
I made peace with my taper to not let it control me or set up fears of not sleeping. It’s known to do that. I think that is what makes it hard to let go of…people are afraid of not sleeping. And rightly so…most do get rebound insomnia. Fortunately I didn’t. I started CBT-I with a strict bedtime routine when I began my taper and I’ve slept pretty well ever night even to now. So everyone will have their own experience. As [...] said….seeing they’re so different then why even bother with this forum? As [...] said this is the only place I know of with a record of years of people’s experiences that can be used as a guide. The loving support here is also to be noted. Anybody coming off these drugs WILL need all the support they can get.
Best wishes to you. You can do this!

[Buddie]

When I was taking Xanax and all the other Z-drugs interchangeably at bedtime, I didn't take it one night and the next day at work I had a seizure and it damaged my brain and I haven't been the same since.  I had no idea that that could happen to me, but it did.  I haven't been able to work a day since and won't ever be able to work again in my life.  I've been on SSDI since 2012 and my cognitive functioning is getting worse all the time. 

[Buddie]

Should I still be getting wd after 7 weeks off zopliclone