Author Topic: Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)  (Read 222476 times)

[Buddie]

All,

Im still on 20 mg of Valium per day but Ive been down to 15 mg of Valium for the past week and have been substituting 5mg of Valium for 10 mg of Ambien at night for a week. 10mg = 5mg Valium

The reason I did this is I had the flu and needed sleep, but the Ambien is making me feel like crap during the day. Depression and more anxiety.

Can I quit this now and just go back to my Valium at nighttime ?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Ambien did the same thing to me, if it were me, I'd just stop it.  Are you planning to add that 5 mg Valium back in?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Yes

[Buddie]

Do you think its ok to take 2.5mg Valium and 5mg ambien for one night and then tomorrow back to Valium?

[Buddie]

All,

Im still on 20 mg of Valium per day but Ive been down to 15 mg of Valium for the past week and have been substituting 5mg of Valium for 10 mg of Ambien at night for a week. 10mg = 5mg Valium

The reason I did this is I had the flu and needed sleep, but the Ambien is making me feel like crap during the day. Depression and more anxiety.

Can I quit this now and just go back to my Valium at nighttime ?
Does your doc know you want to taper off?  Are they on board with this?  Replacing val with a Z drug is kind of a wallop.
Since insomnia is just part of the withdrawal from these drugs, I'd cut a little faster down at first on Valium - starting 20mg, 19, 17, etc  -- if insomnia is your only symptom.  If it is not -- and if it were me -- I'd slow way down around the 10mg mark and hang out with the Valium users on BB who are microtapering for the best advice -- perhaps even more than one dose a day.    There are [...] threads for insomnia all over BB, too. 
Sorry you are going through this.

[Buddie]

Read my history.

I relapsed and have been on it for a week.

[Buddie]

Read my history.

I relapsed and have been on it for a week.
I'm sorry you've relapsed.  I agree with [...] to get off the Z drug.
WBB

[Buddie]

Ambien did the same thing to me, if it were me, I'd just stop it.  Are you planning to add that 5 mg Valium back in?
I agree

[Buddie]

If I were youId leave the Ambien alone. Stay on the Val then micro taper off. No going back and forth!

[Buddie]

Hey [...] thats great newsno sleep apnea! Way to go! Yes as you taper you know symptoms fade away. Some leave immediately when youre done with tapering. Sorry you couldnt finish wat hung the show. I also cant watch fast moving things. Take care 🤗

Tonight I do another small taper step, I want to stay on that for a couple of weeks. It starts more and more to look like a crumb. Still I know I want to go slow, and to do some more steps before I jump. I guess I have some months left before that. I had my weekly saxophone lesson today and it was nice, we had an active lesson, and I played on my soprano. We mostly did jazz and chords. The weather is nice here, not warm and a mixture of clouds and sun. Huggs for all of you!  :smitten: [...]