Author Topic: Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)  (Read 234157 times)

[Buddie]

I was taking 3.75mg sometimes 7.5. I don't want to get hooked again.

But you will. [...], this is the slippery slope. First you take one (and tell yourself it's okay) , then in a few days you take another . . . and so on. This really leads noplace except back to dependence.

I had to throw my leftover Ambien away. Too tempting. Can't you do something similar? It it's not around, you won't take it.

Best wishes.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Thanks [...]. Yes I know you are right, it's happened before. I don't have any more pills anyway, just wish I could have some restful sleep. I take meletonin which does help but I wake up every hour or so. What I'd give to have a full night of unbroken sleep !
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

I have not shared in a few months.
Was struggling with getting to zero and staying there.

I found an old prescription and thought I could use successfully. Well the short answer is I can not use occasionally.

Been going to [...] and so far so [...].
I finally made it past 30 days and the miracle is I'm sleeping [...] than ever being 100 percent off of Ambien.
My back / muscle pains are gone. The pain was due to interdose withdrawals.

My routine that is working after 20 + years on ambien is
I take magnesium and tryptophan a few hours before bedtime. It helps me wind down. I do take melatonin, over the counter pm, Hydroxyzine (prescribed by doctor), and play sleep music. It sounds like a lot, but my sleep is lovely and have a some nights actually enjoyed the getting into bed and sleeping. I'm slowly starting to trust I will sleep with out ambien.

I have some nights where I have the urge for ambien, but just lay my head down and breath and fall asleep before I know it.
[...] helped me a lot (happened to see your name). I am miracle and feel very grateful to be off of the wicked wicked wicked wicked drug. 
34 nights and counting with out ambien. That is the longest I've gone is 20 years.

For all the new comers, this was one of the most difficult drugs to come off of. I really doubted for month that I could do.
For me, I had to do it extremely slow and not beat myself up if had set-backs. just get back up and keep moving forward.

Dont do it alone, share the [...] and difficult.
sleeping is possible with out ambien

Wow Iím soooooooo very proud to hear this! And youíre so very welcome. Iíve been wondering how you were doing. Great to hear from you dear! Keep up the [...] work.
The relaxed while laying wn with controlled breathing really does work well IMO. Glad itís working for you. Keep a routineÖ.very strict one and youíll continue to do well.
 :smitten:

[Buddie]

I was taking 3.75mg sometimes 7.5. I don't want to get hooked again.

But you will. [...], this is the slippery slope. First you take one (and tell yourself it's okay) , then in a few days you take another . . . and so on. This really leads noplace except back to dependence.

I had to throw my leftover Ambien away. Too tempting. Can't you do something similar? It it's not around, you won't take it.

Best wishes.

[...]
I absolutely agree! Have yourself a throw away little party like I did! I played ďhit the road jack ď and danced as I flushed them! Wow it was fun and liberating.

[Buddie]

Ha Deanna,
I will. I am still not sure whether I have apnea. This will be researched soonÖ. I will keep you up to dateÖ
Huggs [...]  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

Ha Zzers, it is quiet here, I hope everything is well for everybody. I feel that I have tough days because of my taper.
Tomorrow swimming and a saxlesson, I hope I feel [...] than today. The May holidays are over, so it will be more calm in the poolÖ huggs for all, [...]  :smitten:

[Buddie]

A really nice Mod here on BB gave me this link to ask about Ambien. I have been taking 20mg for a while, maybe a year. Before that it was 5, 10, didnít matter.

Think itís safe to go a week at 15, a week at 10, a week at 5 and stop? Iím expecting the insomnia but reading through this, wow.

I was ready to tackle Klonopin first but I think I should tackle this one first.

My heart goes out to all of who who have suffered.

[Buddie]

It looks like a fast taper to me. You're starting from 2 times daily dose (20mg) so I guess you already experienced some sort of tolerance. Perhaps drops formulation could be useful for a symptoms based taper.

[Buddie]

Hi NorCal,

My Z drugs were Lunesta and Sonata, not Ambien. But that being said, I agree with Quarantude about it sounding like a fast taper.  I can't give advice on tapering Ambien since I didn't take it but I'd find a way to go slower if it were me.  We're all different in what we can tolerate though.  You're smart to tackle the Z drug before the benzo, I think.  I tapered off a benzo a few years before I managed to successfully taper the Z drugs. But I had a long history and it sounds like you may not.  Regardless, [...] luck to you. You can do this!

Helen

[Buddie]

Thanks BBs. I think Iím going to try 17.5 tonight and see how that goes and give it time. If that goes well, another 2.5, etc. (eyeballed)

The problem is they are Aurobindo 10MG tablets with E-79 stamped on them so theyíre shaped kind of like an oblong oval. I ordered a really [...] pill cutter but Iím not sure if I can quarter this tablet but the cutter wont get here until Fri or Sat. Hopefully I can quarter them to get lower dosages and do some math, which Iím horrible at.

I donít have a scale (small condo with three children) and donít want the kitchen to turn into a lab lol. I figured I can do it by cutting.

Iím also on Klonopin so maybe that will lessen withdrawals during the day and I am definitely not keen on taking any Ambien during the day even though of its short half-life. I just take it at night in bed while reading a book. This sucks.