Author Topic: Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)  (Read 173276 times)

[Buddie]

Hi [...],

Generally speaking I believe a one month taper for z-drugs is [...] for most people. That being said I think you need to take into account your current list of symptoms, how long you've been on it, and the dose.

I filed my pills down a little bit more each night until I had only a sliver left. I then took ZzzQuil for one week to break the psychological dependency on zopiclone. I now only use melatonin and magnesium and for the most part am sleeping like a baby.

Sleep hygiene is also absolutely critical in this process.

[...] luck and keep us posted.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Hello All, I just wanted to let everyone here know my story about my short-term use of Zopiclone. It is a VERY dangerous drug that should be tapered if you are trying to come off. Unfortunately, I didn't find this site until after my ct. I started having severe interdose withdrawal within a WEEK! I had no idea what was happening to me or that it was the Zopiclone. I stayed on for another cpl of weeks until I figured it out and ct'ed. I was in such bad shape that I really didn't think I would make it. Zopiclone hit my receptors quickly and did unbelievable damage. I am still not healed after 2 years and I was only on for such a short time. I pray that my body eventually heals. Please be careful with Z drugs! They are just as dangerous if not more than benzos.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Hello All, I just wanted to let everyone here know my story about my short-term use of Zopiclone. It is a VERY dangerous drug that should be tapered if you are trying to come off. Unfortunately, I didn't find this site until after my ct. I started having severe interdose withdrawal within a WEEK! I had no idea what was happening to me or that it was the Zopiclone. I stayed on for another cpl of weeks until I figured it out and ct'ed. I was in such bad shape that I really didn't think I would make it. Zopiclone hit my receptors quickly and did unbelievable damage. I am still not healed after 2 years and I was only on for such a short time. I pray that my body eventually heals. Please be careful with Z drugs! They are just as dangerous if not more than benzos.

[...]
First of all I am sorry for your ordeal.

I agree with you. It seems that we all react differently to drugs.
I was able to take them sparingly for years but it eventually when my father was ill, i started taking them every night and then it happened to me. unrecognized  Interdose withdrawal.
My father had died at the same time so I got diagnosed as depressed and anxious and given ssri drugs

Every one of them just kept sending me through the roof because of my damaged nervous system.
Ended up taking a lot more zop and and lot of trazadone for 8 months more before I found out the truth.
I am over 2 years off and still not healed.

Carol

[Buddie]

Can you please describe what kind of problems and symptoms you experienced with the zopiclone?  I had been taking ambien off and on since 2009 and trying to figure out if my current symptoms are due to the ambien.

[Buddie]

Sorry to hear that you went through something similar Carol...I pray this year is our year for full healing. :)
 Hennypenny... I initially started having severe panick attacks out of no-where and i was only getting 2-3 hrs of sleep a night and i would wake up with severe anxiety. I cold-turkeyed after 3 weeks and the doors of hell opened. I had about [...] sxs including electric shocks, vertigo, bladder incontinence, flashing lights in eyes, rashes, ibs, bloodshot and burning eyes, hair loss, tinnitus...just to name a few. Hope that helps.

[Buddie]

Hello. .I am new to this forum. Have been looking for a year now on getting off Ambien (zolpidem). I have been taking 10 mg nightly for seven years. I am looking for the tapering method used by members here. Would someone explain the exact taper method they used and the length of time it takes. Please someone explain this to me in layman terms.

[Buddie]

Hello. .I am new to this forum. Have been looking for a year now on getting off Ambien (zolpidem). I have been taking 10 mg nightly for seven years. I am looking for the tapering method used by members here. Would someone explain the exact taper method they used and the length of time it takes. Please someone explain this to me in layman terms.

Are you suffering interdose withdrawal like daytime anxiety or physical symptoms?

I would aim for a one month taper but see how it goes and slow it down if you need to. So try 7.5 for the first week.

Some things that helped me during the taper were magnesium, melatonin, and [...] sleep hygiene.

[Buddie]

Are you suffering interdose withdrawal like daytime anxiety or physical symptoms?

I would aim for a one month taper but see how it goes and slow it down if you need to. So try 7.5 for the first week.

Some things that helped me during the taper were magnesium, melatonin, and [...] sleep hygiene.
I haven't started the weaning process yet.. I was looking for someone to assist me in their knowledge of how to go about doing this.  D not know how to measure 7.5mg from a solid 10mg of ambien..it's not ambien cr..it's generic ambien..Do you mean 3/4 of the ambien? I'm confused and scared...Thank you so much

[Buddie]

Yes, 3/4 of a 10mg pill would be 7.5mg.

Do you have the round pink pills?  I use one of these pill cutters and it works great;

http://www.target.com/p/easy-care-tablet-cutter-with-safety-shield/-/A-11200382#prodSlot=medium_1_1

You can get them at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc....

[Buddie]

Yes, 3/4 of a 10mg pill would be 7.5mg.

Do you have the round pink pills?  I use one of these pill cutters and it works great;

http://www.target.com/p/easy-care-tablet-cutter-with-safety-shield/-/A-11200382#prodSlot=medium_1_1

You can get them at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc....
Raymond my pills are [...] ..but will check out the pill cutter..ty.what should I expect the withdrawals to be like? How long on 3/4 before I drop to a half? You have really come through for me..I was us feeling this site was no for ambien taper and I was in the wrong place...Thank you again...