Need help with daily liquid titration plan before Dr appt

[So...]

I need help with a daily micro tapering plan using a suspension formula, 10 ml & 1 ml syringes.

I am on 2 mg of Ativan, dosing 4 times per day. I would like to start slow, and this increase as needed. I just need help understanding the whole mg per ml thing. And, would love help with a spreadsheet that I can make changes to.

I have a Dr's appt on Monday, and need a plan to show my Dr. If I don't have one, then there is a good chance he will make me do it his way, which will be very fast.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My supplies of Ora Plus, 10 ml syringes and 1 ml syringes, will be here today and tomorrow.

Thank you,

Denise  :smitten:

A tapering plan.

If I put 2 mg of ativan in 100 ml solution, how much would I cut?

I really need to start very small. I still have a few symptoms from my c/t.

To get a smaller cut, would I increase the ml to 200?

I am just not understanding the whole conversion. So, 1 ml of 2 mg in a 100 ml solution would be .02 mg? Is this correct? Isn't that a big cut?

My plan is to put the whole 2 mg in the solution, measure out my cut, then divide the rest of the solution between my four daily doses for even dosing.

See how confused I am?  :laugh:

Thanks,

Okay..let's walk through it... :) You are actually almost there...

A key number...DIVIDE the amount of ativan (2mg) by the amount of liquid (100ml)...this is your solution strength 2mg/100ml = .02mg/ml

This means EACH ml of liquid contains .02mg ativan.  Your 1ml syringe also holds exactly 1ml so when it is full it contains .02mg ativan.

I usually would recommend starting by cutting .002mg per day at your dose, but if you want to be super careful, start at .001mg per day.  I would expect you can cut bigger than .002mg, but I have seen high dose people as low as that, which is why I recommend starting there.

So about your cut size...think about it.  The full syringe contains .02mg and you want to cut .002mg.  That is 1/10th of .02mg, so instead of cutting a full syringe you cut 1/10th of a full syringe, which is the first major mark on the barrel.

If you want to cut .001mg, well that is half of .002mg, so instead of the 1/10th mark, just go to half of that.

Your idea of going to 200ml is not wrong.  It will work fine and it is a good way to cut, and you may want to do that if it makes more sense to you and you are more comfortable, but it will use more liquid and if you are using Ora Plus it seems a bit expensive.

Does this help?

:)

By golly, I think that I am starting to get it!! Woo Hoo!!

Thanks SG57!!l

That is a great explanation. Now, I am kind of getting excited about this!!

I just wish I could figure out how to set up a spreadsheet.

But, for now I will just write it all down on a calendar.

If I have any more questions, I will post them here.

Thank you so much for being such a big help to me.  :)

I hope you are doing well today!!

Yay!! I am so happy you are having a good day!!  :smitten:

If I could get my heart rate under control, I know I could survive a faster taper. But, nothing I try touches it. Ugghh!!

I am going to try Hawthorne next. I am currently taking magnesium and Vitamin C. But, it hasn't helped. I am going for small walks everyday. I just don't know what else to do with it. I do take propranolol at night to help, somI can sleep without it beating out of my chest.

Crazy benzo stuff!!

If I could get my heart rate under control, I know I could survive a faster taper. But, nothing I try touches it. Ugghh!!

I've been through it and you know what?  People who push and get to zero end up "doing more time" after zero to finish healing.

Go slow and feel good on the way.  You really will get to full healing in the same amount of time, maybe even faster, than if you pushed.

I mean that.  I really think we heal SLOWER the more symptomatic we are.

If you stay near your healing rate I think that is the fastest path to being free and well.  You will step off healed and feeling good!  8)

Yeah, slow it is since my c/t.

I think I worry more about getting to a point of having inter dose issues. I have only been on it three weeks, but I hate how I feel on it.

I do wish that I had never reinstated. Worst decision I made.

But, maybe by the time I get to zero, my body will have had a better time to adjust to this madness.

Now, if I can just keep my weight up. I am down another pound, and I have been eating!!

Did you lose a lot if weight during your taper? I just can't lose much more. My poor grandma just cries when she see's me. I can't handle that. My condition breaks her heart, and her crying about it breaks mine. (Sigh)

This is really helpful to me too. I'm going to continue my taper from .25 of Klonopin after Christmas and want to do it with milk but am really confused about the actual way to do it. And I need to set up a schedule too.........this helps as I realized that as well as waking up with thudding heart and sweats and can't sleep, I'm now worried about suspending K in milk>>>>>>>>>>>>ahhhhhhhh. thanks for posting all this.

This is really helpful to me too. I'm going to continue my taper from .25 of Klonopin after Christmas and want to do it with milk but am really confused about the actual way to do it. And I need to set up a schedule too.........this helps as I realized that as well as waking up with thudding heart and sweats and can't sleep, I'm now worried about suspending K in milk>>>>>>>>>>>>ahhhhhhhh. thanks for posting all this.

DQ, I suppose worry is hard to control, but there really is nothing to worry about.  It is much easier than you think and quickly becomes second nature. ;)

You said "suspending".  This is an important point.  The klonopin is not suspended - it is actually DISSOLVED in the milk fat.  The fat is the key.  Klonopin dissolves in fat.  This GUARANTEES even distribution in the milk. ;)

The first step is to begin milk dosing without cutting.  You can do that now!

:)