just do it anyway.

[Je...]

Fully understanding that there are limits to what my tender emotional state can do, I'm taking a

just try and do it anyway attitude.

Don't want to go out and get some exercise.  Do it anyway.  Afraid to go to the store...do your best and try.

We went on a cruise a month ago and I confess to being afraid to go.  I've been on many many cruises, but I had this terror about going.  But I could not let my family down and force them to not go because of me, so I went.  Lots of it sucked, but I went anyway.  did I hide in our cabin quite a bit..yep, but I went anyway.

Isn't this what you have to do is the best you can despite all the fear and self doubt plaguing you?

Appreciate your thoughts...

Yes, in tolerance w/d and especially after jumping cold-turkey most days are lived this way. Fake and force your way through the day, then do it again tomorrow. Eventually the healing adds up over time and you don't have to force quite as hard, or fake every single second. Then one day hopefully all that disappears and we return to simply "living", but it will be so much more wonderful the second time around!  :smitten:

JerryK, Having a positive attitude is a plus on this ordeal, you are lucky to have it. There's fine balance though between forcing yourself to do things to a good out come and stressing yourself up.

Sometimes you've got to take it easy, some other times plough into it and move forward. Just listen to your body for when you may need to slow down a bit.

What the guitarman said!

I'm finding I need to go at the day determined to be positive and do stuff - exercise, social things etc.

Also need to give myself a break, keep things simple and pull my head in to promote recovery at times. But not to disappear into a wallowing vat of despair.

Last Sunday I was at a open mic, had my ukulele.  I have a fear of going up on stage i'm trying to get over.  Was having some w/d and didn't even feel like talking to anyone never mind going up on stage and playing... but I did it anyways.