Hello to my benzo friends

[os...]

Hello everyone,    i hope you are all still fighting.  Ive had a hellish 3 weeks.  Been in the hospital several times and they finally took my gallbladder out, but the biggest problem i have is sinusitis that wont go away and it is causing severe headaches, and i cant breathe thru my nose, and when i can it burns terribly.  I had a bad feeling this is from the ativan/withdrawal and after doing some research i am sure of it now.  I have no idea how to get out of this hell.  I was almost tapered down and went a couple days without it and then sinuses dried up completley.  Last night out of desperation i took a half mg of ativan and my sinuses rehydrated.  This drug has me in a hopeless trap.  I weaned down very slowly and it didnt make a difference.  Now im battling for my life because im fighting so many problems now.  The ativan is probably also responsible for most of the throat pain and infections i get deep in my throat.  I dont see an answer to this.  Dont know what to go on.    I love you all.

Osu,  :smitten:

Been wondering where you were! Wish there was something to say that could make it better.  :-[

Have you tried a sinus rinse? I like the Neil MD. It comes with premixed packets of salt you mix with distilled water (never use tap water or spring water). It might help you.

Keep fighting!

:hug:

I'm so sorry you've had such a bad few weeks osu. Are you off ativan and this was a rescue dose, or are you tapering? Sending you healing thoughts and strength to carry you through this bad wave. Take care!  :smitten:

I'm so sorry you've had such a bad few weeks osu. Are you off ativan and this was a rescue dose, or are you tapering? Sending you healing thoughts and strength to carry you through this bad wave. Take care!  :smitten:

I was down to .25mg for about 3 weeks and just had terrible health problems all over. My throat and sinuses and gallbladder.  Basically sick from head to toe.  I am certain the ativan is causing the sinus problems.  They gave me alot of ativan in the hospital for the pain and pre-op and post-op.  I took a rescue dose of .5mg last night and .5mg this morning.  Now i dont know where to start or what to do. 

You're not using any of that awful nasal spray are you? I was hooked on that stuff for 3 years.. :-\

Benzy,  do you mean like Afrin?  The one you are only supposed to use for 3 days?

[03...]

So sorry about your hellish time.  It must be so difficult to be in the hospital with your health at the hands of others.

For what it is worth, I've struggled w/a deviated septum my whole life.  I would often have no choice but to use nasal sprays or I couldn't breath.  If I were in your shoes I'd be scared about the sinus issues, as well.  Doesn't mean you'll be stuck on Afrin forever.  Dr. Neil's stuff is great.  Since w/d, Neil doesn't work and breath right bandages hurt like never before.  I don't know your health situation well I guess my point is you need to breath to get well. 

Please be well.  Hang in there.

So sorry about your hellish time.  It must be so difficult to be in the hospital with your health at the hands of others.

For what it is worth, I've struggled w/a deviated septum my whole life.  I would often have no choice but to use nasal sprays or I couldn't breath.  If I were in your shoes I'd be scared about the sinus issues, as well.  Doesn't mean you'll be stuck on Afrin forever.  Dr. Neil's stuff is great.  Since w/d, Neil doesn't work and breath right bandages hurt like never before.  I don't know your health situation well I guess my point is you need to breath to get well. 

Please be well.  Hang in there.

Thank you for the reply.  Its a horrible condition and its making me sick and panic.  The headaches are approaching migraine levels and i dont know how to stop this syndrome.  Did you use Afrin?

Hi Osu! Have been thinking about u. So so sorry u feel so rotten! Nothing more distressing than not being able to breathe through your nose hey...! Did u have key hole surgery for your gallbladder?

I think I would try to find the lowest dose to stabilise on . Then begin to taper again.

You have to find some level ground otherwise it's just too hard and u may set yourself up for a fall .

Sending u a big hug and warm thoughts.    Pinkee  :hug: 

You're not using any of that awful nasal spray are you? I was hooked on that stuff for 3 years.. :-\

Are you talking about Afrin?

Years ago, I got hooked on that stuff.  It was ridiculous.

I eventually got off it, but it was miserable.