stomach issues

[ar...]

Hi arcey, Yes! I sought treatment for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) in 2011 and I think most of it was due to the benzos.

Right now, I am starting to taper off 12 mg. of Valium and am dealing with nausea and lack of appetite.

I only became aware of benzo problems in August of this year, but now feel I have been slipping into tolerance/withdrawal for a couple of years after being on Xanax for decades. I have no idea what is up ahead but every day is a struggle. You might check www.chiphealth.com which is a program that I started and completed in May 2011. I try to eat better... when I can.

Nausea, lack of appetite . . . . definitely cased by benzo w/d.

My doc prescribed Zofran for nausea but it's extremely constipating for me. It might work for you as it's the "gold standard" drug for nausea. Now I just suffer. Fortunately the periods of nausea are getting shorter and less intense. I'm looking forward to their going away so I can start tapering again.

Ugh. Not a nice symptom. I sympathize.

Okatz

Hi Arcey

Whenever I make a cut in dosage (and I've been doing real small decreases), I have nausea.  It goes away after 2-3 days.

So sorry to hear that you are having stomach issues.  :(

Hi arcey -- I did get an Rx for Zofran sublingual and also Compazine (both oral and suppository). They work OK but got other side effects. As for the belching, perhaps you might consider that every human being produces a quart or more of methane every day and I has to go somewhere! We are food factories for energy. I hear a lot of noises all day long in my quiet house. If I belch, I say, "Excuse me" and forget about it. Healthy eating such as the paleo diet is too tough for me at my age... I even put salads in the microwave for a few seconds to break down the vegetables.  8)