Akathasia please help

[al...]

I am 26 months off benzos and I was totally healed..I quit caffeine about 3 months ago and now I have bad Akathasia :(.. Please no negative comments:(.. Does it go away?

Hi alaniscecelia...I started by journey Oct.2012, stopped benzos c/t.  I was having all the common horrible w/d symptoms. At one point (I think it was 6/13) the inner vibrations started. Then by Aug.2013 it became merciless and continues to the present time. My boyfriend is a physician (he is learning about benzo hell with me.) He prescribed Clonidine which did not help. On Tues he gave me Valium and I took 10mg (benzo are a good choice for akathasia) and he did this because I was beside myself with the symptoms (crying, etc.) Did nothing. So now I am taking propanolol which is a beta blocker. It takes the edge off. I have also used vibrating mattress, chair pads, foot massager and neck massager. They helped for about two months but now they only make it worse. So I sympathize with you. These medication are the only ones available in the US. I am so sorry that this hit you after 26 months.  Also you may want to try nasal oxytoycin (a hormone synthetically manufactured.)

Can you describe your symptoms in detail?

Crawling out of my skin , high high anxiety, pacing, pani, fear, doom, terror.. I just cannot believe this is happening to me

It sounds like it started after she quit the caffeine from her post. A similar thing happened to Matt samet after he quit caffeine. He drank A LOT of coffee, it wasnt just a cup or two a day.

It sounds like it started after she quit the caffeine from her post. A similar thing happened to Matt samet after he quit caffeine. He drank A LOT of coffee, it wasnt just a cup or two a day.

Yes Matt and I are good friends.. He is also very sick .. Yes the Akathasia comes and goes but the high anxiety will not leave yet.. This is messed up stuff:(