Did Zoloft help you?

[st...]

I'm 5 months off of Klon. and my symptoms are Anxiety to panic at times, Night time Heart Palpitations (had them checked so far they are not considered to be of any issue) low to depressed moods but can be ok sometimes. Fast metabolism, I can't regain my weight, it only 5 pounds but it really shows as I was a normal weight before all of this.

I'm 46 and can't say for sure but would guess in perimenapause as well as having withdrawal syndrome.

I've read that Zoloft can help woman with heart palpitations but I'm not so sure if its a drug that will help me. I know everyone is different but I'm wondering if some help might be from Zoloft if some symptoms are peri menopause related, they are both common in both issues.

Please don't tell me of SSRI horror stories I just want to know if they have helped you or not.

Thank everyone,

Ann

Hi Ann,

paxil didn't help me and the withdrawal was a monster.

Sorry about that, but I would hate to see anybody on an ssri.

I've heard that zoloft is revving. And don't go near effexor, from what a pharmacist has told me.

Sending windows to you,

all my best,

Iggy  :smitten:

I was proscribed zoloft as an antidepressant at two points in my life, and both times it plunged me into a deeper depression. Fortunately, the second time I was put on them I realized that it was the zoloft CAUSING the intensified depression, rather than just not being enough to solve it. I got off fast. Be careful: zoloft works well with some people, but it isn't for everyone. Also, your body gets used to it and there are withdrawal symptoms. My mom took it for a while, and when she ran out (forgot to fill the script), she ended up getting a friend to take her to the hospital. She thought she was having a heart-attack (but it was zoloft withdrawal).

I haven't taken zoloft while in wd but it was prescribed to me at the same time as the clonazepam so I do have experience with it, and I won't touch that stuff ever again.

I tried 50 mg of Zoloft and after 3 days my anxiety was even worse , went to the ER where a doctor told Zoloft tends to really stimulate some people ... Causing more anxiety...

Now I'm trying 5 mg per day Cypralex... See how it goes

Mr scared

I tried 50 mg of Zoloft and after 3 days my anxiety was even worse , went to the ER where a doctor told Zoloft tends to really stimulate some people ... Causing more anxiety...

Now I'm trying 5 mg per day Cypralex... See how it goes

Mr scared

Yup, that was my experience.  I had a strong reaction within 30 minutes of taking just a 25 mg dose.

Remember however that many of us have different reactions to different meds.  Zoloft helps many people.

What about taking Zoloft and Wellbutrin simultaneously? My psychiatrist told me that Zoloft alone is not good to take but combining the two is effective. Thoughts?

What about taking Zoloft and Wellbutrin simultaneously? My psychiatrist told me that Zoloft alone is not good to take but combining the two is effective. Thoughts?

I'm personally suspicious of statements like this when medical providers make them. I don't think there's sufficient data. These drugs affect different people in very different ways. So, while I'm quite open to the idea that some people have positive experiences from this combination, I think other people would be likely to experience the reverse, and it's hard to know which way the tree will fall until you cut it.

Both SSRIs and wellbutrin were unhelpful to me when I used them in a state of distress, so I am biased to dislike them.

I don't think that would be a good idea, though they do work on different chemicals in the brain.

I've taken Wellbutrin XR for many years for depression, and it's been a miracle for me.