Benzoflu symptoms...what do you do for them?

[Ca...]

Hi Carebear,

Yes I remember the benzo flu so well. It seemed to be one of my most often recurring symptoms.  There were times I simply had to take the day off and stay in bed.  A little Tylenol also helped me. Sometimes I felt better after a walk or some exercise. There was so set pattern to what helped because each time it was different.  Distraction I think did the most good, I did work but also read books, did puzzles and other things that would take my mind of how I was feeling.

I had many days where I wondered if this would go away, I remember walking my granddog and talking to him about this.  But it did go away, once the benzo flu stopped it never came back.  Hang in there, sending strength and caring your way.  :smitten: :smitten:

pianogirl

I treat them like a regular flu. Plenty of rest, plenty of liquids. Lot baths with Epsom salts for the aches. Do cardio exercise if you can to sweat it out. Keep a healthy diet, lots of hot soup and fresh fruit.

Are you taking any vitamins?  I take b complex, d and a multivitamin.

I hope you're feeling better soon! :thumbsup:

I was lucky in that I could stay home. It was summer and I'd get these incredible cold sweats. I ended up bundling up in a robe and yet sitting in front of a window air conditioner. I'd distract myself by reading as best I could (it wasn't comfortable at all). I'm sure I looked really gross, but I got through it. I am very grateful that I was able to stay home, though.

yes...taking multivitamin and C, etc.  Think that helps.  My windows are getting bigger...that's encouraging.  3 months ago, I was not able to do much but lounge and rest.