When did D/R go away?

[pa...]

After all this time on here, I've finally learned that what I have been calling "fog" is actually d/r. 

This d/r for me is not as severe as it was at 3 months off. It's like there is a bubble I can ALMOST break through, but just can't.

Things look a little grainy and I just don't totally feel "in the scene" as much as I'd like to.

It feels like my house.  They feel like my children - but I just don't feel as able to get into th environment - and it just doesn't look as real as it should.  Now I know, that's d/r -not fog.  It seems like a fog is over me, which is why I have been calling it fog, but it's d/r.

For me, this feels like when you zone out and you're daydreaming and staring off into space. That dissociated feeling. It's JUST like that. It's mild, but it's persistent. ONE morning, on March 1, I woke up and it was gone, but it came back and has been with me ever since, too.

I was wondering, when does this go away?

I feel that if this would leave, I could live with anything else. 

It's so very disturbing to me. I've been living like this for this entire withdrawal period, and I think I had this in tolerance, too, but I wasn't always aware of it like I am now.

Please help.  I am feeling discouraged.  I never had this prior to benzos as any type of pre-existing thing. This is entirely benzo-related for me.

Thanks you, guys,

:)Parker

Hi Parker!

For me personally, this s/x is almost entirely gone and it really began to leave after six months - maybe a bit closer to 7 months.  I still get little waves of it, but it will last only an hour or so and then goes away entirely.

All my best, and take care!

Schatje

Thank you Schatje.  This, to me, is my most challenging symptom.  I need another window of relief from it.  When it did "go" for you - at the times it went, could you tell a transition into "real life"? Did you wake up with it? Or did it leave during the day? I'm sure focusing on it isn't helping me to some degree, but my psyche cannot help but want that time back that i had about 3 weeks ago - the day it was gone. It was probably the sweetest moment in my life.

Can you tell me anything more? I"m a nuisance, I know it. But I need to cling to hope.  :smitten:

Thank you...

Parker I agree. This D/R is getting old.  :tickedoff: I just want to see and think clearly.  :crazy: I feel so spacey.  I look forward to 6-7 months it going away.  So hard to be patient, but hope helps. :yippee:

Rad  - I hope that it IS 6-7 months.  I haven't seen any other buddies respond yet, which makes me wonder if they just haven't had a relief of it yet.  I had a good cry just now. It's so unnerving.

This Sxs will lift I promise it will, it was with me 24/7 and was intense for months and it didn't lift, it is a sxs of anxiety and once your anxiety levels decrease also you DR will, don't worry about it just try to distract yourself as much as you can, and try to take hot showers to calm your body down, it will go, but you just need to give your body time to heal, and it will

It began to lift at 4 months off or so and now it only comes sporadically when I overdo things...I'm closer to 6 months off by the way, don't pay attention to my signature!

Mmir - you are so lucky it is gone for you. I can't handle it. I've been crying most of the morning.

Tommy - when did it finally go? Hot showers are a good idea.

It was a gradual lift but then became a bigger lift recently - so I have more relief from it than ever now.  It only pops up once in awhile and like MMIR said, it seems to hit me more when I've been stressed or overdo things.  It will go over time.  Just keep reminding yourself it won't always be like this. 

Hugs,

Schatje

Believe it or not mine lifted at 8 months into tapering... at first it was like a bubble as you described... it was not painful but it was really unpleasant... like feeling separated from everything... it is very isolating but i told myself it would go... i felt it more when in company.

When it went it was replaced by a sort of veil... a much lighter version, my sight is far clearer and my head is too but some anxiety seemed to take place of the bubble...

Maybe it will come back... i have no idea but it definitely goes away...

Oscar

Thanks, Oscar.

I think mine is currently like that veil you describe .Sometimes I have anxiety with it, and sometimes I don't. 

It is SO light at times that I feel I am just going to pop right out of it! But it hasn't happened.

I wish you continued success in your taper. You sound like you are doing great.  :thumbsup:

:)Parker

Bumping this to see if any other buddies will see it and respond. 

Please - if this has gone for you - please let us know about it. :):smitten: