derealization vanished :) 26 months off and windows are wonderful

[pa...]

Parker, this is so wonderful to hear!  :smitten:

Your experience shows that although healing may take some time---much more than we'd like in many cases,  it DOES happen eventually!

Love, Megan

Thank you for this wonderful, reassuring message Parker. I'm so happy the DR continues to improve for you. My DR is very heavy now and feels as if it will never improve. I've had it pre-benzos but never anything like this, many many times worse now. I'd give anything for it to be back how it was before. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones who is even better once everything is healed. Thanks for checking in and happy continued healing  :smitten:

Very many thanks for those encouraging words, Parker. I really needed to hear them today. I hate not being able to experience normal human emotions. My youngest is one now; I've been a zombie all through those precious first months, emotionally frozen. Ah, well.

Thank you Parker....I am at the 18mo mark and just came out of wave. It is soooo disheartening that healing takes this long!! I plan to do things wondering if a wave will show it's ugly head!!! Sometimes I have to cancel some great outings......Continued healing ... :smitten:  Jude

Thank you for your updates, Parker!  It is refreshing to know healing happens and it gives us all hope!  I have only been off for a month and I'm always scared I'll be this way forever.  Thanks :-)

[67...]

Hi Parker,

You probably get slammed with PM's.  I sent you one the other day regarding depersonalization.  I won't repeat it.  Just wondering your take on it with regard to my children.  It scared me when I had to ask my husband a about the relationships I had w/my children.  It feels like I don't know my children...a freaky amnesia?  Anyway enough for now.  This is my worst symptom.  I started experiencing it a bit pre-taper.  Now it sends me into a panic attack. 

P.S.  Never been DX w/any type of personality disorder.

Parker - you are a real angel!  I feel very inspired reading your posts.

Willdoit - it looks like you are going sorta fast with your taper. I'd slow it down a bit.  I'm bordering on what I think you guys are referring to as depersonalization and I'm trying to slow my taper down.  Being a mom is REALLY tough while doing this.....