I need some serious advice on this paradoxical thing

[Th...]

I thought I was going to get to speak to the doctor today but it is for tomorrow. Today's group was just to get registered. As I have no idea if I am paradoxical or not, I'd like to hear some alternatives that I might mention to my new doctor as I have none of my own, I'll ask you guys. If I am paradoxical with my Clonazepam, would another benzo reverse this? I worded that as best as I could. Also, could updosing to hopefully stabilize more be harmful or is it hit or miss? Feel free to throw any opinion or knowledge my way. It's a big and I mean big day tomorrow. At the same time, I don't want to be ripped off of it CT again. What are the best things I can say?

I thought I was going to get to speak to the doctor today but it is for tomorrow. Today's group was just to get registered. As I have no idea if I am paradoxical or not, I'd like to hear some alternatives that I might mention to my new doctor as I have none of my own, I'll ask you guys. If I am paradoxical with my Clonazepam, would another benzo reverse this? I worded that as best as I could. Also, could updosing to hopefully stabilize more be harmful or is it hit or miss? Feel free to throw any opinion or knowledge my way. It's a big and I mean big day tomorrow. At the same time, I don't want to be ripped off of it CT again. What are the best things I can say?

I have no clue as to whether your paradoxical or not. From your sig, you've reinsteated several times. Were you paradoxical back then? If you weren't paradoxical back then, you just may be in tolerance withdrawal. If either, I would not advise updosing. If your paradoxical then updosing will make things worse. If you're in tolerance withdrawal then updosing will relieve symptoms once your stable but then you'll just have to taper off a higher dose. It will get to you either way. Stay the course on your dose. If it's unbearable and you are indeed in tolerance withdrawal, then if you must, updose a bit, get stable, and start a slow taper plan and stick to it. No C/T this time.

I think it is dose tolerance. I never was paradoxical in the past, no. It's just not doing it's job. Like I said, some things have improved while others remain horrible. I'll talk to my doctor today about it. Hopefully it'll go well.  The past three days my neck spasms came back. Not full force but I am afraid they are going to and my agoraphobia is totally out of control.

Can you just become paradoxical out of the blue or, I hate to ask,  or could reading or hearing a lot about these kind of reactions making me think I am?

[fc...]

I am in the same place. I'm not sure.. all I can say is that progressively updosing has made me worse.

I was on 7-8 mg doing way better than this, kept updosing for more relief, and now sit at 12.5mg in hell... while some things improved since going up from 10mg this past week, OVERALL, it was a mistake...

..I'm not sure, just know that you aren't alone... right there with you....

Also, is a paradoxical reaction something that can happen after a while or is it something apparent after the first dose or so?

Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you can become paradoxical if you never have in the past. Poeple become paradoxical immediately, out of the blue, like you questioned. It happens from the start. Me thinks it's just tolerance.

I became paradoxical on Valium, and I've been on benzos for a long time. My best guess is that tapering triggered something.

After being in tolerance withdrawal for years, my body is saying no more.

Do you think you still need to taper at a safe rate to avoid severe withdrawal symptoms on top of the paradoxical reaction?  Do you have a few ok days between cuts?

Molly :smitten:

Do you think you still need to taper at a safe rate to avoid severe withdrawal symptoms on top of the paradoxical reaction?  Do you have a few ok days between cuts?

Molly :smitten:

Good questions and good points, Molly, as usual.  :smitten:

It would be great if we could just stop taking the dang pills and feel better, but that isn't the way it works, is it? Still gotta taper.  :sick:

Symptoms are - Feeling excited a lot.

Burning back of head.

Feeling like my muscle spasms from my torticollis are coming back after they subsided for a week or so after reinstatement

Still feeling some derealization

Still having left eye problems