First time posting for support

[be...]

Hi all,

I usually try to be uplifting for those in need on this forum.  My w/d has been pretty standard but until now I thought I was getting better on my way down. I made a cut over the weekend from 3mg and I am down to 2mg of Valium.  Major head and teeth aches.  Intense nausea. Cog fog. I wish I knew if this is going to get better when I jump or worse.  I just need some experience of those who have gone through the Ashton taper. I also just feel like I might be getting a cold.  Just don't feel well all of the time.  I was hoping to jump before Christmas because I have a few weeks off starting next week. Not sure what I should do.  Any advice appreciated.

w/ love

d.

I usually try to be uplifting for those in need on this forum.  My w/d has been pretty standard but until now I thought I was getting better on my way down. I made a cut over the weekend from 3mg and I am down to 2mg of Valium.  Major head and teeth aches.  Intense nausea. Cog fog. I wish I knew if this is going to get better when I jump or worse.  I just need some experience of those who have gone through the Ashton taper. I also just feel like I might be getting a cold.  Just don't feel well all of the time.  I was hoping to jump before Christmas because I have a few weeks off starting next week. Not sure what I should do.  Any advice appreciated.

Hiya BenzoLad.  I'm sorry to hear you're struggling.  I had some strange symptoms recently which are not very different to your "Major head and teeth aches.  Intense nausea.  Cog fog.").  I am still checking out what works and what doesn't but I'm reaching the tentative conclusion that some of this could be benzo-induced migraine.  It probably won't hurt to try some Motrin and see if it relieves the symptoms.

[9b...]

HI-

By your signature line, it's seems you have had a shaky taper & you have been sticking to cutting by a set schedule and not by what your body & symptoms are requiring.

If I were you, and I am not, I'd go back to 3mg's and stabilize as bit. Then, I would do a daily micro taper until I was at zero. No jumping off at any mg amount. One thing seems to be more the case then not, is how you feel when you are done, is how you will feel after.

I'm not sure why you are in such a rush to be done by a set date, but with benzo's, it doesn't work that way. I can't see the sense it being done by this day and feeling like death. It makes no sense to me. So, my suggestion is to go back to 3mg's, stabilize and then reach out to others who are daily micro tapering, learn that process and do that until you are at zero mg's Valium. It will take longer but your CNS and GABA's will be ever so thankful. We don't get do-overs, do it nice & gently the first time.

Good luck.

Hi:

She's right. Don't ruin your Christmas because you have time off coming and want to get it done by the time you get back to work. By then, after you're at work, you'll start regretting it. Slow and steady, like the turtle, wins the race.