Does deep tingling/numbness/burning/pins & needles EVER resolve?

[fr...]

Almost 9 months post-Klonopin, depending on how my husband counts-4 or so since Effexor. 

No relief of pins & needles in chest/abdomen, now has changed to burning.  He says it gets worse every day throughout, & is convinced it represents fatal illness.  Has anyone ever had it like this, gotten over or past it, or is it here for good?  Anyone's docs talk re chronic pain syndrome?  Anything?  Panicky family here.

Hi freetobe

I am 1 year 6 days off today and I still have all those symptoms but there not 24/7 like in the early months, now its mornings only or of I eat something with MSG I will also get it, the chest, lower legs and fingers get it the worst, but even now when I get it the intensity is less than it was the first 10 months, I cant say personally if it goes away, I can only go by the success stories and they say all these bizarre symptoms eventually go away!

For piece of mind I have had every test known to man including EEG and nerve conduct tests and all where normal, all they could offer me was Lyrica or Gabapentin. I refused any meds... I wish I could safely take them but there is no such thing as a safe med.

So the only cure im left with it time.

Best Wishes

Woofs

I have had it for the better part of a year, it comes and goes in severity. No need to panic, it's very normal in withdrawal. It's just a sensation, not illness, don't fight it and eventually it will get better.

I don,t know if it is related but i also came of benzo,s and an ssri really quick,

When i was 5 weeks of the srri, i got really bad restless legs, about a week later it turned in to really bad pins and needles, mostly in my lower legs.....

Now it,s just a burning feeling, but only in my legs, and on my knees, like my skin is burning,

I did saw an other buddie with the same thing, after a fast taper of benzo,s and ssri.

Mine started in september , and didn,t leave yet.....

:smitten:

Sandra.