Can't appreciate music

[Re...]

I put on a favourite song and it's like my brain can't recognise it as music. It's just sound and elicits no emotional response. I sometimes feel like 90% of who I am has been temporarily frozen. So foggy mentally. Can anyone relate?

Yeah, as soon as Itook my first benzo my joy of music vanished. I still don't have it, and music was a huge part of my life, it really was. But hopefully it  will come back to us.

For me though Ihad many hobbies and things Iloved to do. No joke, benzos took everything. Benzos suck.

Hey but you're already off, you can heal :)

I completely lost my appreciation for music when I came off the benzo. I don't remember when it started to come back but I remember vividly how cool it was to even have a desire to listen to it again after so many months of nothing.

I get bursts of being excited about music again. I have been a compulsive listener and more recently produce my own. How odd it was to not have any desire for listening to or creating music. Lasted for months and months. Now I have times when it is exciting and I "feel" it again. Makes the hairs on my arms stand up sometimes, a sure sign I could heal and feel alive again someday. Wish those moments would last longer....

Yes I can completely relate, and this manifests in an inability to experience any form of pleasure, whether it be music, television, sex, etc. It is called anhedonia and is quite common in w/d... unfortunately I cant tell you how long it will last

Thanks guys. Yes, anhedonia it is, I fear. I look at my lovely kids' faces and feel nothing. Even my orgasms don't reach my brain. Sorry if that's tmi. Ugh, this is such a long, drawn-out, miserable process. Can't wait to be excited about life again.