Clonazepam withdrawal symptom, please help!

[Go...]

I just recently started getting of clonazepam after about 7 years of using it. I went 3-4 days without one and then started tapering again due to severe symptoms.

I was just curious if I should be worried about an underlying condition.

The most scary symptom I keep getting is whenever I lay down to go to bed, I feel my heart pounding (palpitations and then every so often I 'll get sudden feelings of dizzyness/vertigo and it will last until ppretty much I fall asleep. It makes me not even want to go to bed. I've found that propping my pillows up helps it a little. Anyone know if this is a withdrawal reaction?

past few months I had cut back to .5 and then half of a .5 pill for probably a month or two. I've started taking a quarter of a .5 a day after I stopped taking it all together for 3-4 days.

The symptoms you describe are common withdrawal symptoms…vertigo, palps, loud/strong heartbeats.  If you've gone from .25 to .125 that's a 50% cut and would certainly explain why you're having these symptoms.  If the last cut was within the last couple of days you may not have felt the full effect of the cut yet and may want to correct your dose to something less drastic.  Just my thoughts.

Challis  :)

Thanks so much, I thought I might be dying! So, I've been taking half of a .5 for awhile but yeah I cut the half, in half and take a quarter of a .5 pill now. It was last monday that I got off my meds and since about thursday I started retaking my clonazepam daily.

Should I take a little more than a quarter? I mean, my symptoms suck real bad but I have noticed a little bit of a window, although my breathing is really bad (common feeling for me since I have terrible anxiety)

I also have Valium to help since the half life is better.

This website is great, I'll make sure to recommend it to anyone going through these benzo battles!

Hi Goku,

The heart palps when laying down was something I dealt with for a couple of years while in tolerance withdrawal.  At the time I had no idea it was the Klonopin. There were a lot of things going on that I had no idea the medication was causing.

As bad as the W/D can be, it was worth the end prize which was getting my personality and desire to be part of the human race back.

Good luck with your taper.  Try to stay positive. 

China

hi

i took my last 0.25 mk dose of K last saturday.  it is now thursday.  i have had the same symptoms non-stop since sunday.  palps, fast heart, lots of sweating, head aches, light and sound sensitivity.  it's like a horrible hang-over accompanied by palps and fast hard heart beats.  good luck to you.

I would like to add one thing about the heart stuff.  If you have not previously had it checked out by a Doc it would prolly be a good idea.  I was already on a beta blocker for my BP and it really helped to control the rapid heartrate and my anxiety.  I went from forgetting to take it to waiting for time to take it as it helped that much.  I have also heard of people who take a low dose simply for anxiety.

But that is something you would really have to discuss with your Doc about.

jsbrumfi.. .25 is a really high place to jump from.. plz be carefull..

hugs,

China