clonazepam withdrawal

[js...]

Hi

I started a taper from 0.5 mg clonazepam 3x a day and made my way down to 0.125 mg 2x a day (using a pill splitter).  Anyway, while at the 0.125 mg 2x day dose I was actually put in a position where I did not have access to midication.  The first and second day I would get pretty dizzy / vertigo sensations.  I now have access to the medication and it's going on 3 days since i last ingested 0.125 mg of the medication.  I'm feeling weird still.  a bit dizy but the vertigo is not as bad.  and just generally feel spaced out or half drunk i guess.  can't concentrate.  I guess my question here is should i just quit taking the clonazepam since it's been 3 days since my last dose....or should i maybe take 0.125 mg today and maybe just take 0.125 mg per day for a week or two and then stop all together.  What are your thoughts, please?

Thanks

Hi

I started a taper from 0.5 mg clonazepam 3x a day and made my way down to 0.125 mg 2x a day (using a pill splitter).  Anyway, while at the 0.125 mg 2x day dose I was actually put in a position where I did not have access to midication.  The first and second day I would get pretty dizzy / vertigo sensations.  I now have access to the medication and it's going on 3 days since i last ingested 0.125 mg of the medication.  I'm feeling weird still.  a bit dizy but the vertigo is not as bad.  and just generally feel spaced out or half drunk i guess.  can't concentrate.  I guess my question here is should i just quit taking the clonazepam since it's been 3 days since my last dose....or should i maybe take 0.125 mg today and maybe just take 0.125 mg per day for a week or two and then stop all together.  What are your thoughts, please?

Thanks

Clonazepam is very long-acting and symptoms can be very delayed…I would personally get right back on the dose you were on and continue tapering if it were me.  Clonazepam is not very forgiving, in my opinion, and I would not mess around with it…it's far safer to continue tapering.

Challis  :)