Fears triggered by reading here...

[os...]

I has occurred to me that my anxiety in the past days have been heightened since I came on here... I trigger VERY easily.

The thing is I read posts from those that CT'ed or rapid tapered and when I read posts of suffering, it causes me to feel scared and that makes my anxiety ramp up...

As much as I find the site and many here really supportive, I am going to disappear from here for quite some time and see if that makes any difference at all in how I manage my taper...

Personally, I do not know if I am going to make it off this drug, i'll be honest about it but I am looking to get some advice... it could just be that an anti depressant may help ease the anxiety enough for me to crawl down further... but I know that for now that I need to stay away from the forum because I read too much and wind up feeling more anxiety than ever.

I wish everyone smooth tapering...

Thanks for all the support.

Wish me luck.

I'll post back later...

i wish you luck Oscar. if you feel like this, you must give it a try and see how things are going.

take care. :smitten:

Thanks Morrowmeg, I am going to visit but just read success stories over and over.  :smitten:

My advice is not to read the scary stories or the posters that talk about scary symptoms. Read positive things. Follow a few blogs. Read success stories. Read the Diazepam thread and the Working thread. Find a few posters who you respect and follow their posts. DO NOT let yourself be triggered by the negative things on here . . . and there are a lot of them. Be kind to yourself.

I think a lot of our recovery is mental and we need to set ourselves up for success, not failure. I struggle to stay positive and make myself follow the advice I just gave you. It is easy to drift off into a scary thread . . . but don't do it.

Anyhow, just my thoughts.

You don't need to stay away from this BB, just stay away from the threads that will trigger you. You seem to know what they are, right?

Be well,

Okatz

Oscar,

This might sound silly, but the same thing happened to me and I started to read a book. It helped me so much I just keep reading. mysteries is what I have been reading. I didn't think I could read because of my symptoms but I could and every time I feel nervous I pick up my kindle and read. It distracts my mind and I fall into the story and feel better. I also notice that when I got to bed after I read I have an easier time getting to sleep.

I agree with Okatz. However, if you find it hard to not read the scary stuff, it probably is best to just not come here for a while. We will miss you, but you have to do what is best for you. You've been at this tapering game for a long time now, so you know what to do and how best to taper. You really don't need too much help from anyone, so just pop back on your good days and then you won't be affected as much by the negative stuff.