Scary brain changes today

[In...]

My normal DR which make everything feel dreamlike but I still feel part of the world now I feel like I'm slipping away from consciousness and soon everything will be black and I'm going to go into a coma or something.

I'm trying to relax but this new state of mind is scaring the hell out of me. Lots of fear and weakness along with it. Not sure what is going on. Anybody get the feeling that they are slipping away from the world. I still feel sane, not like I'm going crazy or anything, just that I'm about to lose contact with the world around me..... Hard to describe.

:'( :'( :'(

Hello Innadaze

Yes I can relate 100%, you describe it well, but only someone that has experienced this will get it straight away.

I had it months 7 - 10, kept thinking I would disappear in to nothingess any moment and be trapped there in my mind forever.

It was all part of the DP DR, I still get it now and again but not as intense as months 7 - 10, then it was part of everyday.

As you know my DP DR are still my worst symptoms but I will never forget the feeling you described so well in your post..

Hope this helps reassure you that your not alone!!!

Night

Woofs

Thank you woofs.

I am so used to feeling "out of it" with the DR but this is such a different feeling. I don't like how scary it is, it's freaking me out a bit. Haven't had any of the fear or dread or feeling of being terrified like this in many months, but it's different than back then. The last couple days and even earlier today was just normal w/d stuff I can handle. I was not prepared for this, caught very off-guard.  :(

Hope you are doing well today!

Hi Innadaze-

Doesn't it seem like everyone is having trouble these past couple of weeks. I was thinking about this today and wondering if it might have something to do with the short days of winter.

I had a hell of a day as well with the sickening panic, fear and sense of losing myself. If seems so palpable that I wonder if other people can see that I'm......different. I was with my coworkers but they don't know what's going on with me.

When did this feeling start with you today? Did you have it when you woke up this morning or did it develop during the day? Is it physical at all? I get sick to my stomach and weak. How about you?

innadaze

i get that im not connected to the world thing, its awful.

i feel so out of it at times. its worse in the am's. so, no, you arent alone w this!

Thank you for your support today Gardenia! I hope you have been feeling better these past couple days. I know you were having a tough time for awhile  :smitten:

I'm sorry you've been feeling this as well Rosa. I don't know how you do that and get through the work day! Amazing! Today I did my work in the morning fine (here at home) then afternoon went for a walk and after the walk started feeling worse and worse. It's very cold here and my only heat for a bit is the fireplace so I kept it cold most of the day to conserve firewood. I don't know if it is the cold but I'm so sensitive to it now. Also exercise sets off waves. And maybe low blood sugar. Or a combination of everything. By the time I had to run some errands and gt the kids from school it was really getting worse.

I've built a fire and eaten lots of protein and some yogurt the past hours. Keeping busy distracting. It's not getting worse thank goodness, but still feeling so off and weird. I'd forgotten what the terrible fear and dread was like it has been several months without it. Take care, thank you for your message  :smitten:

Sounds very familiar Daze. Sorry you are getting it too.

I have these lingering scary thoughts about death since month 7. When they invade my mind, all I can think of is that today may be my last day alive. Maybe tomorrow. What will it be like when I'm dead?  What comes next?

I spoke to my psychiatrist and psychologist about this. Could be a symptom of depression. They didn't give me any explanation nor means to deal with things.

Tomorrow will be a better day! :thumbsup:

Sounds very familiar Daze. Sorry you are getting it too.

I have these lingering scary thoughts about death since month 7. When they invade my mind, all I can think of is that today may be my last day alive. Maybe tomorrow. What will it be like when I'm dead?  What comes next?

I spoke to my psychiatrist and psychologist about this. Could be a symptom of depression. They didn't give me any explanation nor means to deal with things.

Tomorrow will be a better day! :thumbsup:

I will keep that in mind. I don't feel depressed really, just blah. Maybe that is depression  :D  The infrequent waves of depression I've had while recovering have been super intense, unlike anything in my life.

Have been doing much better this month and last with the "fear of dying". My counselor helps me with the "bring it on" attitude. I've not been in a few weeks, maybe time to get back on track with him. I push away the thoughts of what happens after we die as the uncertainty is too much for me to think about. Even when healthy it is a real head-scratcher and something that I cannot know 100% for certain, so I kind of leave it be.

Today was just so weird, like a super-duper-intense burst of low blood sugar and anxiety and other stuff all rolled up into one. I'm just glad it has peaked and is not spiraling out of control. Deep breathing and refocusing thoughts away from catastrophizing. Hope you are enjoying another good day Svenhoak, sounds like you had a brief setback but you are getting through those so well lately!  :thumbsup:

Yeah, Daze, sounds like you may have overdid it with work, exercise, kids, no eating....and then being cold on top of it. Since going through menopause, I hadn't had any problem with the cold until benzo w/d. Now I'm always cold:(

Try to be a little easier on yourself tomorrow, Daze. Oh, and don't let your blood sugar drop.

R :smitten:

Yeah, Daze, sounds like you may have overdid it with work, exercise, kids, no eating....and then being cold on top of it. Since going through menopause, I hadn't had any problem with the cold until benzo w/d. Now I'm always cold:(

Try to be a little easier on yourself tomorrow, Daze. Oh, and don't let your blood sugar drop.

R :smitten:

Thanks Rosa! I should know better by now but sometimes eating many times a day gets messed up and I pay the price for it. Ditto with this cold weather the past couple weeks. Take care  :thumbsup:

Waves come and go Daze. I'm trying to under react to the symptoms. Just accept them and keep moving. It was nice to have a few good days that's for sure.

I found a temporary cure for my DR!  Ran outside to my truck a few moments ago and didn't put on a coat. -41 degrees. I "snapped out of it" pretty quick! ;D

Have a great night my friend!

Waves come and go Daze. I'm trying to under react to the symptoms. Just accept them and keep moving. It was nice to have a few good days that's for sure.

I found a temporary cure for my DR!  Ran outside to my truck a few moments ago and didn't put on a coat. -41 degrees. I "snapped out of it" pretty quick! ;D

Have a great night my friend!

Oh wow, I stick with the DR I think. The way my body is reacting to cold right now that would send me into a several hour wave probably  :D

Have a great night Svenhoak!

My normal DR which make everything feel dreamlike but I still feel part of the world now I feel like I'm slipping away from consciousness and soon everything will be black and I'm going to go into a coma or something.

I'm trying to relax but this new state of mind is scaring the hell out of me. Lots of fear and weakness along with it. Not sure what is going on. Anybody get the feeling that they are slipping away from the world. I still feel sane, not like I'm going crazy or anything, just that I'm about to lose contact with the world around me..... Hard to describe.

i am having this feeling right now. i can;t even think of what to write right now. i think it's from the benadryl i just took which never makes me react like this. but, yes, i have had this feeling many times of slipping away from the world. even physically and not sure a state of being. sometimes my brain revved up so much when i am laying there that i don't feel my body anymore. nothing. and it's jsut me. it's just a consciousness because i can't feel my body. so weird. and also, have had moment of slipping out of consciousness which is even scarier because then it's nothing-ness. weird wild stuff.

Thank you woofs.

I am so used to feeling "out of it" with the DR but this is such a different feeling. I don't like how scary it is, it's freaking me out a bit. Haven't had any of the fear or dread or feeling of being terrified like this in many months, but it's different than back then. The last couple days and even earlier today was just normal w/d stuff I can handle. I was not prepared for this, caught very off-guard.  :(

Hope you are doing well today!

Hi Innadaze

I also get this feeling if I wake up from a nap, its the most scariest feeling ever, I wont know where I am or what I am, then I will jump up all confused and then I will get intense fear, once the fear lessens and I lie back down to try and figure out what just happened then it will morph in to this feeling im going to disappear in to nothing but I will still be aware and be trapped there forever, people will be still able to see me but in my mind I will be brain dead, I call in locked in syndrome, you look fine on the outside but your locked in your mind and you will never be able to escape, can you imagine telling normal foke these feelings, they would have you sectioned!!

I never had any type of feelings like this in my life before my short stint with benzos, how can a pill I was giving for chronic headached that where misdiagnosed as stress headaches have caused me all this mental pain for now over a year!!!

I also can be sitting there dealing with the DP DR and then I will get this strange sensation in my mind and body that im not really here and its all made up, I will look around the living room and see everything as I think it should be and I still will say quietly to myself where am I, then this created fear, which then intensifies my head pressure which then intensifies my burning and this is then followed by electric pins and needles, what a vicious cycle...

Also if I try eat any chocolate I also get intense anxiety and burning pain and then I feel like im going to loose it...

I had some minstrels Saturday night with my fiancée and within 15mins it started with intense physical anxiety and all the electricity feeling started coursing through me, I wanted to jump out of my skin, the first 6 months off I could eat anything then I started reading lots of stories about MSG, sugar, chocolate etc and my fiancée now thinks its all physiological based on what I read, I don't think you could bring up these sensations just based on what you read? but I so now wish id never read them stories, my fiancée said if you told anyone chocolate done that to you, they would defo think your mad, well how else does one explain this reaction?

I used to love having a beer or glass of wine with my dinner and loved going out with my buddies on the weekend to watch a band and have a few, but now since my taper and 1 year off im still afraid to try a beer in-case it sets me back, how can we live like this, will we always be afraid to try the things we once loved and enjoyed?? do you or anyone know anything about this or is it just me??

How did we all end up here like this, no matter how hard I try I still cant believe these pills done this to us all..

I hope we all get there soon, don't know whats there but anything has to be better than how we are now..

Best Wishes

Woofs

i am having this feeling right now. i can;t even think of what to write right now. i think it's from the benadryl i just took which never makes me react like this. but, yes, i have had this feeling many times of slipping away from the world. even physically and not sure a state of being. sometimes my brain revved up so much when i am laying there that i don't feel my body anymore. nothing. and it's jsut me. it's just a consciousness because i can't feel my body. so weird. and also, have had moment of slipping out of consciousness which is even scarier because then it's nothing-ness. weird wild stuff.

Thank you for sharing prettydaisys. I'm happy and sad that I'm not alone. Sorry you are experiencing this along with the pulling sensations on your brain. Sending healing thoughts your way  :smitten:

the first 6 months off I could eat anything then I started reading lots of stories about MSG, sugar, chocolate etc and my fiancée now thinks its all physiological based on what I read, I don't think you could bring up these sensations just based on what you read? but I so now wish id never read them stories, my fiancée said if you told anyone chocolate done that to you, they would defo think your mad, well how else does one explain this reaction?

Woofs, I have noticed sensitivities also. I think for the first 3 months or first 6 months our bodies are SO screwed up that we feel ridiculously bad all the times. After the 6 months or so of healing we get times where the anxiety settles down and we can take a breath and kind of relax a little, but with the other symptoms still there. So our body has partly repaired itself and we get feelings of being at least physically comfortable. I too notice now in the past 3 months becoming sensitive to food or cold weather, etc..... Our body is at a point where it is very fragile and some days eating something will throw us back into all kinds of symptoms. This is good, because we are healing but bad because any minute it feels like something could go wrong. Like if I sat curled up in a blanket doing nothing all day my symptoms might stay away (besides DR), but once doing something involving movement, exertion, stress, eating, bright sunshine, cold weather, etc..... it sets things off. Hope today is better for you woofs!  :thumbsup:

the first 6 months off I could eat anything then I started reading lots of stories about MSG, sugar, chocolate etc and my fiancée now thinks its all physiological based on what I read, I don't think you could bring up these sensations just based on what you read? but I so now wish id never read them stories, my fiancée said if you told anyone chocolate done that to you, they would defo think your mad, well how else does one explain this reaction?

Woofs, I have noticed sensitivities also. I think for the first 3 months or first 6 months our bodies are SO screwed up that we feel ridiculously bad all the times. After the 6 months or so of healing we get times where the anxiety settles down and we can take a breath and kind of relax a little, but with the other symptoms still there. So our body has partly repaired itself and we get feelings of being at least physically comfortable. I too notice now in the past 3 months becoming sensitive to food or cold weather, etc..... Our body is at a point where it is very fragile and some days eating something will throw us back into all kinds of symptoms. This is good, because we are healing but bad because any minute it feels like something could go wrong. Like if I sat curled up in a blanket doing nothing all day my symptoms might stay away (besides DR), but once doing something involving movement, exertion, stress, eating, bright sunshine, cold weather, etc..... it sets things off. Hope today is better for you woofs!  :thumbsup:

As always, thank you once again Innadaze

I just wish I could have a window so I can see and feel the difference, when you feel this bad for so long it does become the new you.

I just need a window to help me see there is light at the end of this dark tunnel.

I walked twice again today and no matter how much I distract or try to ignore it the feelings of the intense DP DR are always there.

I am just worried my brain now sees this as normal and I will be stuck like this forever, what a scary feeling.

What is even more scary is the days that the visual DR is low the internal feeling of DP becomes more intense.

How these 2 terrifying symptoms are protecting us is beyond me, beyond belief!!!

Cheers

Woofs

Whew, another round of this crazy brain change today. Was ok in the morning and then as the day wore on got worse and worse. Feels like I can hardly think. Did manage to get out to some stores for some shopping, groceries with my wife and one of the kiddos. Picked kids up from school somehow by myself.

This is hard and again makes me wonder if I'll ever get better or anywhere near normal. Maybe a partial window sometime in the next couple weeks will help remind me that healing is possible.

This wave is tough Daze. I felt quite rough this morning, then absolutely fine this afternoon. Was walking around in the mall, waiting in lineups with a huge grin on my face. Then got slammed again tonite. It's tiring, that's for sure.

Tomorrow is another day my friend! :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing prettydaisys. I'm happy and sad that I'm not alone. Sorry you are experiencing this along with the pulling sensations on your brain. Sending healing thoughts your way  :smitten:

i pray you get a partial window if not a full on one. i always pray for windows now, every night and every morning  :smitten:

Woofs

What kind of reaction do you get to chocolate? I'm trying to figure out if I have started having issues from my love chocolate haha.  Body pain and tension that is unrelenting today and I had a bunch of chocolate almonds and pieces.

I posted this a while back, thought It may relate.

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in hearing from anyone that get's the following symptom. I have yet to find anyone and I feel a bit anxious about it.

Here are examples of what I have experienced.

Have you ever watched a movie with a mental institution where there is a patient who is in a wheel chair completely oblivious to the reality and the world? Like they just stare as though there minds are completely gone? Well up until now I could never fully grasp it, now I do. It's happened to me for real. During these episodes if there are people around me I hear them talking to me but what they say doesn't process normally and I don't reply. It's impossible to explain how distant from reality I can get. It's like I cease to exist, my inner soul feels like it goes blank. I'm not talking derealization or depersonalization I'm talking next stage is to drool and not know it.

I have experienced DR and DP and brain fog a lot but this is VERY beyond. It's like a portal to another dimension haha.. Luckily I come back!

It's useless going to the doctor, I will be put on meds... We all know this.

Anyone?

Sound familiar Innadaze?  Or am I alone ?  :P

Fonz -

Many days lately I feel I'm about halfway there, and in the bad moments it feels as if I'm on the doorstep. The bad moments don't last long but I can relate to what you are saying. It's as if I'm going to completely lose contact with the world around me. How long do these episodes last for you, moments or ???  It feels like some kind of "next level" DR. I've had some bad times of it since around Thanksgiving to now, but not quite what you describe.

I'm sorry you have to experience these outrageous states of mind, but glad you do make it back to us  :D

I'm right there with you trying to hang on to reality right now! It's so scary! Feels like everything is fading into nothingness. I've been dealing with this for my whole taper. While it has decreased since my last dose 3 months ago, it still comes and goes. It's terrifying when you mix it with heart palps and skipped beats! Feels like dying!