Withdrawal Encouragement

[ch...]

Dear Friends,

Two years ago I had finished my hellish benzo taper and was about to embark on a hellish opiate taper. I had been so sick I could barely function. One day in early December I had a one hour window of time where I didn't feel like complete death and I went to a local store in a nearby village to do some Christmas shopping. I remember being astounded that I was out of the house and was actually choosing some small presents and then went on to share a cookie and some hot cocoa with my mom at the adjoining cafe. I was shaking and dressed very casually with no make up on whatsoever and still, I felt good compared to the usual day in and day out of withdrawal. I then spent the next year withdrawing off huge amounts of opiates from a back surgery and last January finally went through a medical detox to rid myself of them once and for all.

It took months to feel better but a few weeks ago I posted my success story. I am not 100% but I am close. My lingering symptoms were anxiety and insomnia but they are starting to dissipate, too. More on that on another post.

Last week I was at that same store I had been in two years ago and the difference in how I felt was striking. It was just a mere stop in my busy day, instead of my goal destination for the month. I am feeling so much better it is remarkable and I want to stop by and encourage those of you who are struggling. I STRUGGLED. Oh my God, I struggled. I went out to a play last night with my mother and she told me she was convinced I would be housebound for life, that there was no way that someone could come back from being that sick.

I think of all of you so often and include you in my prayers. THINGS WILL GET BETTER, I PROMISE! The only way out is through. You'll get there!!

Love,

Chrysanthemum

I so needed this today.

Thank you Chrysanthemum.  :smitten:

So happy for you, this is really great news.

Oscar, Hang in there! I know how hard it is. I wish you the very best!  :smitten: