Outpatient Partial Hospitalization

[Th...]

As of Wednesday I start daily 3 hour psych and med evaluation sessions. Has anyone else done this? I was able to switch from seeing a psychiatrist once every couple of months to pretty much everyday but not sure if it'll help. I am nervous. As I've said before I think I have stabilized a little and the risperdal is working better than it initially did along with the L-Theanine I take to "fill in the gaps". I'm not at 100% stable yet but has anyone ever done this and had luck with stabilizing and/or getting put on a sane taper plan? I'm not sure how these sessions work. What if the new doc tries to pull me off cold turkey just like the other doctor did? That is my main worry. I really would have no alternatives. I am so nervous but a little hopeful they will get me feeling better.

I did a partial hospitalization almost three years ago. For me it was just group therapy for three hours. Not quite every day the psychiatrist would pull us all out of the group, one by one, and spend a few minutes with us, mostly seeing how we were doing with the newest medication.

I did not receive the slightest bit of help on the benzo taper. In fact, I received quite a bit of ridicule from the staff and even other patients for thinking benzos had affected my life so dramatically.

The most helpful part of it was being out of the house and being around other people.

I hope it goes well for you!

Flip

Well, thanks. Makes me feel even a little bit more nervous but I appreciate the input. I'm not one to be bullied and if they treat me like that then I will turn their heads inside out with so much information and long winded crazy diatribe that they won't know what hit them. The days of being pushed around by doctors, staff, and other "druggies" is over.  We'll see how it go's.