Upward creep of reading on Gemini 20 scales?

[Br...]

Does anyone find that the value of reading creeps upward after placing a tablet on their Gemini 20 scales?

On my Gemini 20, after a few seconds the last digit will increase by 2 or 3 units.  Then after 10 seconds it may increase by another unit and perhaps once again after 20 seconds.

Does anyone else get this?

Hi Braban,

Yes, I found that happened to me as well but I just sorta averaged the readings. It's not enough to make that much difference. It might help if you put the plastic lid down after you put the pill on the scale. Sometimes even a draft can cause this behaviour and the plastic cover seems to help stabilize it a bit.

I didn't have any issues with mine, but I have a friend who used a gemini-20 for quite a while and noted that after several months it was off on the reference 10g weight by 50mg or something really significant. But, I think you can recalibrate it.

I didn't have any issues with mine, but I have a friend who used a gemini-20 for quite a while and noted that after several months it was off on the reference 10g weight by 50mg or something really significant. But, I think you can recalibrate it.

Yes, they include weights for just that.

Hi Braban,

I would lightly tap my scale & let it sit longer, maybe 10 seconds until it stabilized. It does come with extra weights as mentioned.

:)

I try not to expect too much from low cost weighing scales as I know all sorts of strange errors can occur. 

However, I ask the question because I don't know if the "upward creep" of my Gemini 20 is typical of this model.

I try not to expect too much from low cost weighing scales as I know all sorts of strange errors can occur. 

However, I ask the question because I don't know if the "upward creep" of my Gemini 20 is typical of this model.

When I would put a pill on the scale the numbers would change back and forth ..almost constantly. Some times up...some times down. I think this is to be expected. This won't cause you any problems with your taper using it. My taper was as smooth as I could have expected and I used it all the way down. I also know several members who have used it with great success.