does anyone have a story like mine and made it through? please i hope so,

[On...]

does anyone have a story like mine and made it through? please i hope so, rted. Reading that.. has anyone had an identical experience and made it out? I'm afraid my experience is unique in a hope distinguishing way

I really hope someone can give me some hope,  and relate a similar story. Pleas anyone?

I am terrified now that I am looking back at my experience with this crap

Basically I was having classic wd sx from having just taken half a clonazepam one time.. for a month until I went to the er and stupidly accepted lorazepam

I took the clonazepam on 4/something/2013

My sx in the time frame of about a month were tachycardia, panic, anxiety, arhythmia, dr, paranoia, low stress tolerance, laying down because I felt sick, feelings of being sick, hydration problems and food revving me up, hover sleep. This is no joke, I'm not lying. Before clonaz this did NOT happen to me.

This makes me think that a benzo syndrome is seperate from wd and is possible with only one pill.

I suppose it's possible. Why did you take the klonopin anyway?

I had a similar experience but with marijuana. I smoked a joint and overamped and ended up in ER thinking I was going crazy and/or dying.

I've never been the same since that time, it's hard to explain. I've heard of this happening to others too so I know it isn't just me.

I was always kind of highly strung before that episode but not like that. It was a different kettle of fish altogether.

Hang in there, try not to worry. Just carry on putting one foot in front of the other and you will come out the other side, positive. :thumbsup:

Chinook

From reading your posts, it seems like your situation is different from most of the other posts I see on BB.

It almost seems like after taking just one dose of a benzo, that your body/system had some kind of severe and unusual reaction to the drug.

I truly feel bad for you.  I can tell from your posts that you are suffering so much.

I don't have any answers, but I certainly feel for you.  :(

Sounds like you are 'paradoxical' to Klonopin…good thing you only took half of one.  Yikes.  I looked at your signature and your last cut was at the end of October…are you still tapering and just need to update your signature?

Challis  :)

Hi Challis, yeah I'm still tapering. I'm very afraid of getting off though, I'm already haviing so many problems while still on, and one clonazepam did all that.. I don't know what 7+ months of being on l ll  tapering will do. I'm in tolerance too,  it happened very fast. I think I showed signs of tolerance even during the three weeks I was on initially, that's why my doctor kept upping it. He did this when I told him it wasn't working as well. I was getting id wd too, and paradoxical.

In the beginning Iwent to the er one night because of the clonazepam and Istupidly accepted lorazepam. Well I didn't like the depression it gave me and all I did was sleep so by doctor instruction I stopped and had crazy withdrawals like I had been on for years. He had me on 3mg in 3 week which I didn't know then was a high ammount. I have the sx written somewhere. So from there though I wish I didn't I reinstated thinking a taper was best,  but I do believe now I should have waited it out. I have been exposed to this for too long. I

I had a similar experience but with marijuana. I smoked a joint and overamped and ended up in ER thinking I was going crazy and/or dying.

I've never been the same since that time, it's hard to explain. I've heard of this happening to others too so I know it isn't just me.

I was always kind of highly strung before that episode but not like that. It was a different kettle of fish altogether.

Hang in there, try not to worry. Just carry on putting one foot in front of the other and you will come out the other side, positive. :thumbsup:

Chinook

Thank you chinookwind, is the marijuana what started your benzo journey?

I often wonder if this exposure to benzo would have happened to me eventually anyway which scares me. I could have had an injury, or smoked marijuana too and had the same reaction, and in the end wound up back on benzos or with problems resulting from benzos. I wish they had a genetic test or something that they could test you to see how you'd react before they ever hand out this crap. Its like prescription russian roulette this way.

Chinook

Thank you chinookwind, is the marijuana what started your benzo journey?

I often wonder if this exposure to benzo would have happened to me eventually anyway which scares me. I could have had an injury, or smoked marijuana too and had the same reaction, and in the end wound up back on benzos or with problems resulting from benzos. I wish they had a genetic test or something that they could test you to see how you'd react before they ever hand out this crap. Its like prescription russian roulette this way.

OneDay you're so right! Every time we leave the doctor's office with a prescription, regardless of what it's for, it's like playing Russian roulette. We all have a unique and individual physiology and there's no reliable way to predict how we will respond to the medication.

To tell you the truth I don't remember exactly what the circumstances were when I took my first benzo, it was such a long time ago and I was a teenager. 40 years!

But the incident with the mj, I remember clearly within an hour of smoking I was in an ER and they gave me something called largactil and a benzo.

Of course me being me I continued on with the mj. I always overamped on it unless I was drinking, in which case I seemed to tolerate it okay. I guess there must be a reason for that.

One thing that stands out though is even if I was smoking mj when I was drinking, it always gave me kinetic movements, very jerky.

The last time I smoked it affected the speech centre in my brain and I couldn't talk, it was terrifying! I could form the words just fine in my head but when I went to speak everything came out garbled.

I think we are super sensitive beings, not just to benzos but many chemicals and foods. How to turn what seems to be a curse into a gift, that's what I'm trying to figure out.

You're making a lot of headway, I can see it. I know the going seems very slow but looking back over your posts I see improvement and I hope you'll turn a corner very soon!

Chinook :hug:

Oneday:

Sounds like your taper has been particularly rough, but I can say at least for myself, I have experienced the vast majority of wd sxs you have endured; albeit less frequently/severe for the most part.

Looking at your signature, you are succesfully moving through your taper. So as long as you continue, you are getting closer to being/feeling better; despite it NOT feeling that way. Your still at a relatively high ativan dose. At your current dose, I was feeling like to total garbage and suffering pretty heavily. Even at very low doses, I f I cut too fast, severe wd sxs result, but I am willing to guess that once you get down real low, you will get "some" reprieve from your misery.

You just have to believe that continuing to taper will ultimately lead you to a better place. Congratulations for continuing to taper in consideration of wd sxs that wont let up.

Hi OneDay,

You'll probably start to have some windows as you lower your dose. That's what worked for me anyway.

I wish I knew the right words to say here. Just keep fighting. You've come this far, in spite of your s/x. You can win this.

I had a severe reaction from my first dose of ativan. It was through an IV so I'm sure it made things worse. By reaction I mean convulsions, racing heart, tremors, hallucinations, etc. Unfortunately the situation became more complicated with more benzos (stupid docs :(). I don't want to scare you. I did end up in the hospital for several weeks and my organs started shutting down. I was severely allergic to the drugs and nobody recognized it.

Anyway, the good news was I completely recovered. I come to the website every now and then and post if I see someone in a similar situation. It was honestly a life changing experience for me and I wouldn't wish what happened to me on anybody. Unfortunately it sounds like you had a similar reaction. You will get better. I didn't taper because when we figured out it was the drugs, had I stayed on much longer I probably would have died. In all, the ordeal lasted about 5 months taking the drugs sporadically and then another 3 months or so of recovery. Let me know if you have any questions. You'll heal. I'm sure of it.