Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Are you supposed to mess around with ashton 4x doses per day to start?  It doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Has anyone crossed over from a  taper and not held with the old med when starting ashton?

I'm about to go into stage 4 tomorrow (week Four) where you keep cutting the xanax another dose (from .5 to .25), and that will mean I'm doing that for all four doses per day. Her schedule says to take 5mg diazepam with those four doses at this stage>  I'm so dizzy and weak...dealing with bad depression.  I feel like it would be bad idea to completely take away all xanax and go just with the four 5mg of diazepam.  I could be wrong.

I'm a 26 year prescribed user of xanax.  I was tapering here for nearly 8 months off xanax (non-ash ton) and got down to about 1.6mg dosed evenly 4 times per day with a gram scale. I could not get below that without horrible symptoms, and even at that 1.6 I felt bad.So, when I started Ashton nearly 4 weeks ago, I started from a 2mg per day schedule.

Is it unheard of to dump the xanax all together and just go with the Diaz?  Maybe 20mg. is too strong 4x 5mg/ day.

Maybe this is just how it is supposed to feel.  Sedated and moody and it is pretty awful depression and agoraphobia has worsened.  I feel that benzo fear and jumpy when I hear the tiniest of sounds.  My family is about done with me.  I'm starting to think I'm crazy again, thinking I am a benzo hypochondric.

People say they get rid of their daytime doses.  Do they mean before ashton schedule says to do so?

I notice most of the posts I read here are from non-long-term users.  But I suppose in the benzo world 5 years could be considered long-term.  I'm just as confused as when I first started here, and that was a horrible, anxiety producing feeling.

I have-not updated my med signature in detail yet. Honestly I have not had the energy to sit at my computer.

Are you supposed to mess around with ashton 4x doses per day to start?  It doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Has anyone crossed over from a  taper and not held with the old med when starting ashton?

I'm about to go into stage 4 tomorrow (week Four) where you keep cutting the xanax another dose (from .5 to .25), and that will mean I'm doing that for all four doses per day. Her schedule says to take 5mg diazepam with those four doses at this stage>  I'm so dizzy and weak...dealing with bad depression.  I feel like it would be bad idea to completely take away all xanax and go just with the four 5mg of diazepam.  I could be wrong.

I'm a 26 year prescribed user of xanax.  I was tapering here for nearly 8 months off xanax (non-ash ton) and got down to about 1.6mg dosed evenly 4 times per day with a gram scale. I could not get below that without horrible symptoms, and even at that 1.6 I felt bad.So, when I started Ashton nearly 4 weeks ago, I started from a 2mg per day schedule.

Is it unheard of to dump the xanax all together and just go with the Diaz?  Maybe 20mg. is too strong 4x 5mg/ day.

Maybe this is just how it is supposed to feel.  Sedated and moody and it is pretty awful depression and agoraphobia has worsened.  I feel that benzo fear and jumpy when I hear the tiniest of sounds.  My family is about done with me.  I'm starting to think I'm crazy again, thinking I am a benzo hypochondric.

People say they get rid of their daytime doses.  Do they mean before ashton schedule says to do so?

I notice most of the posts I read here are from non-long-term users.  But I suppose in the benzo world 5 years could be considered long-term.  I'm just as confused as when I first started here, and that was a horrible, anxiety producing feeling.

I have-not updated my med signature in detail yet. Honestly I have not had the energy to sit at my computer.

Hi Widesky, I’m sorry this is hard for you. I don’t know your detailed crossover plan but I would offer two things. First yes Valium can be very sedating and depressive during the crossover. It was for me. But it does get better as you taper. I took advantage of this factor by crossing over with slightly less Valium on my midday dose and it helped. The other suggestion is if you don’t feel comfortable wait another week or so and see if you can stabilize. It’s best to stabilize after each change anyway. After I crossed over I gave it at least a week or a bit longer before the next change.

To answer your question on the midday doses. I followed Ashton and just tapered my midday doses first. I am not aware of anyone dropping those doses. They may have changed their dosing times or moved a mid day dose to night.

Hope this helps

Joeb

I'm faring great so far. Quit valium March 31st. Minor to no true withdrawal symptoms. Just sometimes feeling out of it in my mind and can't handle stress well.

Congrats on finishing!! Hope you stay in a world of windows 🙌🏾 No matter what, the poison is gone and the healing begins!

I'm at 5mg now, just got there 2 days ago! gonna hold for about 2 weeks to be sure i'm stable.

Thank you so very much, Joeb. You gave me some good feedback. Thank you for understanding where I’m at gong through this. I appreciate you.

Thank you so very much, Joeb. You gave me some good feedback. Thank you for understanding where I’m at gong through this. I appreciate you.

Your very Widesky, glad I was able to help.

I feel you on how hard this is, praying for healing for you and all of us in this mess

Joeb

Since her last cut, daughter is having a problem with dizziness. She says the room seems to slant. Any advice?

Since her last cut, daughter is having a problem with dizziness. She says the room seems to slant. Any advice?

Hi Lcler. Dizziness is a very common symptom. ATM it's killing me together with the headache. FWIW, as I've been tapering for a long time now, all I know to make symptoms improve so far is to hold my taper for a while. There are different opinions though.

I'm very kindled and very sick on Ativan that I very quickly developed tolerance to after doctor gave it to me postcovid. We've been trying many things including trying to cross over to Klonopin which made me really sick. Now trying to cross over to Valium and tried our first trial on Saturday. I took my typical Ativan doses and added in a Valium dose which lasted 2 and 1/2 hours and afterwards I got way worse at a van withdrawal symptoms. And that wasonly a 5 mg

lizagal about this:

I took my typical Ativan doses and added in a Valium dose which lasted 2 and 1/2 hours and afterwards I got way worse at a van withdrawal symptoms. And that was only a 5 mg

This is not how an ativan to valium crossover works. You don't just take 5 mgs (!) of the drug you are trying to cross to. No wonder you feel bad. You do it stepwise. You delete some ativan and replace it with valium. I crossed from ativan to valium and I used Ashton's crossover schedule. it's here:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

Look for Schedule 3.

liza you can probably fix the rotten way you feel but you have to be systematic about it and understand what you're doing.

Hope this helps,

Katz.

I did the same as you oregonkatz.

Changed one dose at a time over a 4 week block. It got easier the further through you got the valium into you

lizagal about this:

I took my typical Ativan doses and added in a Valium dose which lasted 2 and 1/2 hours and afterwards I got way worse at a van withdrawal symptoms. And that was only a 5 mg

This is not how an ativan to valium crossover works. You don't just take 5 mgs (!) of the drug you are trying to cross to. No wonder you feel bad. You do it stepwise. You delete some ativan and replace it with valium. I crossed from ativan to valium and I used Ashton's crossover schedule. it's here:

Look for Schedule 3.

liza you can probably fix the rotten way you feel but you have to be systematic about it and understand what you're doing.

Hope this helps,

Katz.

Oregonkatz

Struggling a bit with my taper. Stuck at 11mg for several months. How did you taper yours down? I have already had several failed attempts at a lorazapam taper. I also have a temezepam as well. All rather messy 😢

I got stuck at various times/doses also. I just held until I felt better -- once for 4 weeks.

It must be hard, having two benzos on board. Can you maybe talk to your doc about that? Switch (or crossover) the temaz to an equivalent dosage of valium? then you'd have only one benzo to worry about and you'll know exactly which drug is causing you bad s/x. Just a suggestion.

Best,

Katz

That is my thinking here as well.

I am just so pissed with it all.

Sounds like you had a good person to speak to.

In the uk you are just allocated to a pysch.

Take big care and thank you. I feel this is a tough road to be on x

I got stuck at various times/doses also. I just held until I felt better -- once for 4 weeks.

It must be hard, having two benzos on board. Can you maybe talk to your doc about that? Switch (or crossover) the temaz to an equivalent dosage of valium? then you'd have only one benzo to worry about and you'll know exactly which drug is causing you bad s/x. Just a suggestion.

Best,

Katz

We only added in an extra 5 mg dose just to see if I would tolerate the dose we didn't replace all of the Ativan which is 5 mg of Valium

Best,

Katz

Hey I see in your signature you said you used DLMT to end out your taper. What is this? And how did you do it? With liquid? How did you cut?

Hi gang!

Did anyone have to move their times closer together or start combining doses as they got lower? I dose 3x/day 8am 4pm 10:30pm and I find that the more I taper I can barely make it to that next time without anxiety hitting me. Should I just be moving the times as my body says then eventually it'll all be one low dose? I get so confused as to my timings.

Currently only tapering the daytime doses, leaving my nighttime one alone for now.

My doses are all even too (1.7 3xday) should I make my nighttime dose bigger?

Strong, DLMT is Daily Liquid Microtaper. Basically you liquefy your benzo (or use liquid benzo available from the pharmacy) , and withdraw tiny amounts daily, allowing you to sneak your dose down to zero.

If you have specific questions, you can start a thread asking for help in designing your own DLMT.

Best,

Katz

Strong, DLMT is Daily Liquid Microtaper. Basically you liquefy your benzo (or use liquid benzo available from the pharmacy) , and withdraw tiny amounts daily, allowing you to sneak your dose down to zero.

If you have specific questions, you can start a thread asking for help in designing your own DLMT.

Best,

Katz

Thank you so much! I will do! Cause I need help . I have the pharma liquid.

I have the pharma liquid.

Good, Strong. Designing a DLMT with that should be dead easy. I made my own liquid benzo . . . I would have used the pharma liquid if I could have tolerated it. (I didn't care for the sweetener or the flavoring . . . but looking back, I could have tried harder  :()

Best,

Katz

I just finished a dry cut Klonopin taper of about 40 percent of a .5 tablet in 70 days.  Now my NP is insisting that I taper two mgs of valium a month rather than the one mg we had I thought agreed upon to start tapering the 38 mgs of valium.

It's five percent a month and it's too fast.

I am still not stable from the klonopin taper.

Does anyone have an opinion on the valium taper rate? I am 67 with renal issues and also on subutec which i am trying to taper off of.  I have been dizzy all day.

I'd like to find a new prescriber in NYS but those are very difficult.

Thanks!

Carol, just fyi here is Dr. Ashton's slow withdrawal schedule from valium. You might want to follow it (I did) if it seems about the right speed for you. I followed it all the way down to about 3 mgs, then I had to switch to smaller reductions. But at the higher doses, like yours, it was fine for me.

It's Schedule 2.

Katz

Katz

I am going to end up on 16mg valium

How did you cut and hold? How much each time?

I think they are going to say you cannot go lower than 1mg using the tablet form but we have been cutting into 0.5mg and 0.25mg....

Thank you x

Best,

Katz

Hi all

Just out of curiosity how many of you are cutting pills to reduce? I think they might not advise it during my meeting today and I want to be ready with counter arguments.

Who has gone over to liquid only and at what amount did you transfer? So many questions but so much appreciated.

Take care MP

Hi all

Just out of curiosity how many of you are cutting pills to reduce? I think they might not advise it during my meeting today and I want to be ready with counter arguments.

Who has gone over to liquid only and at what amount did you transfer? So many questions but so much appreciated.

Take care MP

I crossed over to prescription liquid at 2.8 mg Valium. I was using homebrew liquid before that though. The prescription liquid bothered my stomach some, but otherwise the switch was pretty easy for me. I think I did it over the course of a month. Another user "momof7babes" used tablets and liquid, reducing the liquid amount until it was gone then switching another mg over to liquid. She eventually switched over to all liquid at some point, but I don't remember exactly what dose she was at. You might PM her for more details or use the search function to find her posts if you want more info.

Thank you so much kitsun

Did you daily liquid taper all the way down from your full amount of valium or did you cut and hold using tablets for a bit first? Just trying to work out the best way forward. It is a scary minefield out there and I would like my big brave pants on!! Xx

Hi all

Take care MP

I crossed over to prescription liquid at 2.8 mg Valium. I was using homebrew liquid before that though. The prescription liquid bothered my stomach some, but otherwise the switch was pretty easy for me. I think I did it over the course of a month. Another user "momof7babes" used tablets and liquid, reducing the liquid amount until it was gone then switching another mg over to liquid. She eventually switched over to all liquid at some point, but I don't remember exactly what dose she was at. You might PM her for more details or use the search function to find her posts if you want more info.