Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

StrongLikeThis

In my opinion it is better to stick to a schedule that ensures a consistent amount of Valium in your system and not to jump around the dosing.

I have no doubt that at certain times of day or night you may feel like you need it earlier or not yet but that is not a reliable indicator.

The stress we feel throughout our day is subject to our personal experience for that day and do what we are feeling is normal daily stress or perhaps lack of it at times.

What we need to do during times when we feel stress is to accept it and learn to get comfortable with it. If we shrink from Ir or try to fight it we just build up more stress. In all the programs out there the one consistent issue is accepting the way we feel and not fighting it but rather just accept it and get as comfortable with it as we can. Practice relaxation techniques and meditation.

You will find as you get better at these techniques you relax into the day and the stress feelings ebb away.

Keep up a simple regular dosing and practice these things and soon you will learn just how resilient you can be. It is not easy but it is simple, relax let go and don’t fight it.

Hope you feel better soon.👍🏻

All Tied up

StrongLikeThis

In my opinion it is better to stick to a schedule that ensures a consistent amount of Valium in your system and not to jump around the dosing.

I have no doubt that at certain times of day or night you may feel like you need it earlier or not yet but that is not a reliable indicator.

The stress we feel throughout our day is subject to our personal experience for that day and do what we are feeling is normal daily stress or perhaps lack of it at times.

What we need to do during times when we feel stress is to accept it and learn to get comfortable with it. If we shrink from Ir or try to fight it we just build up more stress. In all the programs out there the one consistent issue is accepting the way we feel and not fighting it but rather just accept it and get as comfortable with it as we can. Practice relaxation techniques and meditation.

You will find as you get better at these techniques you relax into the day and the stress feelings ebb away.

Keep up a simple regular dosing and practice these things and soon you will learn just how resilient you can be. It is not easy but it is simple, relax let go and don’t fight it.

Hope you feel better soon.👍🏻

All Tied up

I thank you for this reply! I will stay the course with my times !

StrongLikeThis,

I see you are tapering liquid Valium and that’s good as you can control the size of your cuts suitable to your bodies ability to adjust.

You will in my experience still have some not so great days days after each cut. The sxs each person has is specific to them but they will subside as time passes until you are ready for your next cut.

During these days when sxs are at there worst so is your anxiety and this in particular is a good time to not only plan a calmer life for those days but practice acceptance and meditate using guided relaxation.

I haven’t looked at past posts but there is a free app called “ insight timer” on there are many and varied meditations that I have found very useful.

Stay strong and believe in your body’s ability to recover. You will be fine at the end.

ATU 🙏🏼

StrongLikeThis,

I see you are tapering liquid Valium and that’s good as you can control the size of your cuts suitable to your bodies ability to adjust.

You will in my experience still have some not so great days days after each cut. The sxs each person has is specific to them but they will subside as time passes until you are ready for your next cut.

During these days when sxs are at there worst so is your anxiety and this in particular is a good time to not only plan a calmer life for those days but practice acceptance and meditate using guided relaxation.

I haven’t looked at past posts but there is a free app called “ insight timer” on there are many and varied meditations that I have found very useful.

Stay strong and believe in your body’s ability to recover. You will be fine at the end.

ATU 🙏🏼

Yes I do enjoy the control of the liquid although i'm not enjoying the potency. QUESTION: How do you fight the urge to lie in bed all day through the higher doses? My muscles want to lie down so bad it hurts and I am super tired all day but I force myself to stay upright and moving at least from 8a

-8pm so I won't decondition. Its hard as heck. Yesss my anxiety is def up on those hard days. During hard sxs days too I want to just rest my body but i'm so afraid i'll get stuck in the bed unable to lift my head or move my muscles after they get a taste of relaxation during the day. I am definitely working on acceptance especially when it comes to the sxs, hard to accept this is all normal to the process. I will download the app you suggested as I really need to incorporate meditation and relaxation for my body and mind. Thank you so much for this, you really help me believe in my body's ability to recalibrate!

I recently stopped Clonazepam two months ago after what I know understand was a fast taper. Following a hellish month after stopping the Clonazepam I came across the Ashton manual. My doctor moved me to the equivalent dose of Valium as I didn't know if it was possible to go backwards i. E. back to my original dose of Clonazepam and start a short taper. In any case, since I switched one month ago now to wjat is the equivalent dose of Valium, although withdrawal are not as bad as the month I was taking nothing, there still very difficult to manage. Could anyone explain why that is, wjy I'm not getting much relief although I'm switched to an equivalent dose of Valium?

I recently stopped Clonazepam two months ago after what I know understand was a fast taper. Following a hellish month after stopping the Clonazepam I came across the Ashton manual. My doctor moved me to the equivalent dose of Valium as I didn't know if it was possible to go backwards i. E. back to my original dose of Clonazepam and start a short taper. In any case, since I switched one month ago now to wjat is the equivalent dose of Valium, although withdrawal are not as bad as the month I was taking nothing, there still very difficult to manage. Could anyone explain why that is, wjy I'm not getting much relief although I'm switched to an equivalent dose of Valium?

First, its possible to go backwards but not home, too much has happened.  Your body has been through a big shock and it takes a long time to pull out of it.  Also, equivalencies aren't an exact science, as you can see from this tool so it's possible this dose isn't an equivalent for your particular situation. https://clincalc.com/Benzodiazepine/

Another thing to know is that each benzodiazepine has different properties and I've heard from members that Diazepam and Clonazepam feel very different so this could be part of what you're feeling.

One last thing to consider, we rarely feel good while going through this, the most we can seem to hope for is stable which around here means able to perform your daily tasks, in other words, functional but not great.  How do you feel, would you consider yourself stable?

[77...]

Hi Valium friends - I have dosing split up in an odd way (1.5 mg at 10am, 1.25 mg at 4 pm and 10mg at 10pm) - I have been trying to reduce the daytime doses. Is this advisable (I saw in the Ashton manual that she has people get rid of the day time doses).

Thanks

Just writing to say.....this valium.....i have NO idea who would take this for "fun" 😫

Also, the cut and hold method is not for the faint of heart!  :-\

Has anybody found that the sedating effects are less and less the lower you go?

Hi Valium friends - I have dosing split up in an odd way (1.5 mg at 10am, 1.25 mg at 4 pm and 10mg at 10pm) - I have been trying to reduce the daytime doses. Is this advisable (I saw in the Ashton manual that she has people get rid of the day time doses).

Thanks

I think dosing is an individual decision and should mirror what works best for you and your lifestyle.  I think most members save the heavier doses for the night so they can sleep but it's totally up to you and eventually they all have to go.

[77...]
Thanks Pam! I am getting rid of the daytime doses, as I notice Ashton does that! 2 mg to go and the day time ones will be gone  :thumbsup:

Hey Strong - the sedation does let up once you’re lower (it was very strong when I first crossed over, that let up after a few weeks).

I don’t feel much sedation at all from my doses now.

I’m down to 1mg in morning and 0.95mg at night. (1.95mg total)

I almost wish it calmed me a bit more 😬😂

The cut and hold is not for the faint of heart! Hard stuff, every time.

Keep fighting!

Tree

Hey Strong - the sedation does let up once you’re lower (it was very strong when I first crossed over, that let up after a few weeks).

I don’t feel much sedation at all from my doses now.

I’m down to 1mg in morning and 0.95mg at night. (1.95mg total)

I almost wish it calmed me a bit more 😬😂

The cut and hold is not for the faint of heart! Hard stuff, every time.

Keep fighting!

Tree

Hey Tree,

Omg yes it was super strong in the beginning! Haha I feel you, it probably doesn't do much for you now . You're doing so great you're almost there  :thumbsup: i'm a little over 5.2 split between 3 doses. Started april 9th so i'm just trying to get to a comfy place to function daily then i'll feel better about the taper. Whew we shall make it to the very end 🙌🏾

Hi blessthismess

How are you getting on with your drops? Are you cutting and holding at 0.5mg each time.

I had a disaster last summer as I came down from 12 to 10mg. I had not found bb by then and I am scared I may have buggered up my taper 

I am struggling with a really low mood and not sure what to do about it. Other symptoms are anxiety type ones - sleep eat concentration etc

Any advice appreciated x

Thanks

[77...]

Hi Miss Piggy!

I am attempting 0.75 mg cuts or 1mg where I feel stable enough to do so. 0.5 was fine but I felt I could go a little faster. I might slow down once when I get under 5. I am trying to get rid of the daytime doses as they don’t do much. I think my next cut will be down to 11 on Monday. If that’s too much I’ll keep up with the 0.75mg cut. 2mg at once would be too much for me too!

Thank you blessthismess

I am hoping I have not screwed up my taper with that error last year.

Well done on your progress so far

Hi Miss Piggy!

I am attempting 0.75 mg cuts or 1mg where I feel stable enough to do so. 0.5 was fine but I felt I could go a little faster. I might slow down once when I get under 5. I am trying to get rid of the daytime doses as they don’t do much. I think my next cut will be down to 11 on Monday. If that’s too much I’ll keep up with the 0.75mg cut. 2mg at once would be too much for me too!

[77...]
I don’t think you’ve messed up! You realized the mistake and corrected it!!! I don’t really look at the calendar, I just cut when I feel up to it! Sometimes it two weeks and sometimes it’s 10 days and as you can see by my history I cut what I feel like I can handle. Sometimes that’s 0.25 and sometimes that 0.5 and last time it was 0.75 because I was feeling up to it! I have no rules, just how I feel and how I’m sleeping. If my sleep gets weird I slow down. Good luck!

Omg how do I fight the muscle weakness and fatigue ?!? Pushing through that everyday and not lying in bed has been my uphill battle. Still cant do much else, all I can do is sit in a chair and maybe walk around for a bit. Too weak and dizzy for outside activities but car rides with hubby make me happy. I just hate just sitting up dizzy all day i'd rather be comfy lying down but my body shows me how quickly I can get stuck in bed. Ugh I gotta get these daytime doses down but its hard to make cuts when you still have to try and parent/survive

Are you cutting and holding with liquid

How bad do you feel?

I have got myself quite worked up into a frenzy here that I cannot get off and my mood has dropped so low.

I wonder if you can get a wave even when holding your dose??

I don’t think you’ve messed up! You realized the mistake and corrected it!!! I don’t really look at the calendar, I just cut when I feel up to it! Sometimes it two weeks and sometimes it’s 10 days and as you can see by my history I cut what I feel like I can handle. Sometimes that’s 0.25 and sometimes that 0.5 and last time it was 0.75 because I was feeling up to it! I have no rules, just how I feel and how I’m sleeping. If my sleep gets weird I slow down. Good luck!

[77...]
Hi! Yes I use compounded liquid, it’s 1mg/1ml makes it very easy to cut the dose you want. I feel off just unlike myself but I manage to do things during the day. I get fatigues easily and don’t have a ton of energy, and lots of anxiety. I have some mild depression as well but  it seems to be lifting as I get lower :)

Omg how do I fight the muscle weakness and fatigue ?!? Pushing through that everyday and not lying in bed has been my uphill battle. Still cant do much else, all I can do is sit in a chair and maybe walk around for a bit. Too weak and dizzy for outside activities but car rides with hubby make me happy. I just hate just sitting up dizzy all day i'd rather be comfy lying down but my body shows me how quickly I can get stuck in bed. Ugh I gotta get these daytime doses down but its hard to make cuts when you still have to try and parent/survive

I get the weakness 😮‍💨 Some data the challenge is to stay in a chair and not go back to my bed.

This comes in windows and waves for me, so hoping for some stronger feeling days soon.

Thank you. I have just found your message so apologies for the delay in replying

I hope you are doing okay.

Best wishes

MP

Hi all

I have been advised to change the 10mg temazepam into 5mg diazepam and add it into my current taper of 11mg of diazepam.

This would only give me one benzo to reduce from.

Has anyone else done this swap over and add in?

Thanks

I had to look up temazepam, it has a short half-life, so it could give you interdose withdrawal between doses, much like Ativan and Xanax. So, you might find it easier to crossover, similar to Ashton's crossover for Ativan or Xanax. How often are you dosing the Valium now? Temazepam is a sleep med, so you could add the 5 mg Valium to a current bedtime dose. 7.5 is the lowest dose temazepam comes in. I'm wondering if you could cut the 10 mg in half, cut a 5 mg Valium in half, and take half of each for a few weeks, then switch the remaining half of of 5 mg temazepam to the remaining 2.5 mg Valium, cutting out the temazepam and increasing to 5 mg Valium. You are already on mostly Valium, so you might find switching not too difficult. Would your prescriber be willing to help you switch? You'd probably find it easier to taper from one benzo than two.

Dosing valium 3 times a day

Breakfast 3mg

Lunch 3mg

Tea 5mg

Thank you. I have just found your message so apologies for the delay in replying

I hope you are doing okay.

Best wishes

MP

Hi all

I have been advised to change the 10mg temazepam into 5mg diazepam and add it into my current taper of 11mg of diazepam.

This would only give me one benzo to reduce from.

Has anyone else done this swap over and add in?

Thanks

I had to look up temazepam, it has a short half-life, so it could give you interdose withdrawal between doses, much like Ativan and Xanax. So, you might find it easier to crossover, similar to Ashton's crossover for Ativan or Xanax. How often are you dosing the Valium now? Temazepam is a sleep med, so you could add the 5 mg Valium to a current bedtime dose. 7.5 is the lowest dose temazepam comes in. I'm wondering if you could cut the 10 mg in half, cut a 5 mg Valium in half, and take half of each for a few weeks, then switch the remaining half of of 5 mg temazepam to the remaining 2.5 mg Valium, cutting out the temazepam and increasing to 5 mg Valium. You are already on mostly Valium, so you might find switching not too difficult. Would your prescriber be willing to help you switch? You'd probably find it easier to taper from one benzo than two.

I'm faring great so far. Quit valium March 31st. Minor to no true withdrawal symptoms. Just sometimes feeling out of it in my mind and can't handle stress well.

I'm faring great so far. Quit valium March 31st. Minor to no true withdrawal symptoms. Just sometimes feeling out of it in my mind and can't handle stress well.

I love knowing you're free of the Valium Nikitis, you struggled so much at first but you really put forth the effort and made it happen.  :thumbsup: