Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hi Jojo,

I am at 3 mg in pill.  I take a half of a 2mg tablet 3 times a day and then the rest in liquid, divided close to equal amounts in all 3 doses.  I was advised by others to stay at 3 times a day to avoid interdose w/d.  I've still got a long way to go so I'm not counting myself as a "success" yet.  Only time's gonna tell. 

Hi Nikitas,

Can you give more info on your CT?  Why did you CT?  Did you CT on the Ativan and are just now crossing over?  It sounds like you are updosing to try and stabilize given you are already on 12 mg of Valium and the c/o of 1 mg of Ativan would be 10 mg of Valium?  I'm honestly not good with advising so that's why I didn't jump in.  It's hard to say if this is going to help you or not, unfortunately.  That's just the nature of the benzos b/c everyone, EVERYONE has a different experience, it seems.....and it definitely makes it frustrating.  I'm so sorry for your suffering.

Hi Jojo,

I am at 3 mg in pill.  I take a half of a 2mg tablet 3 times a day and then the rest in liquid, divided close to equal amounts in all 3 doses.  I was advised by others to stay at 3 times a day to avoid interdose w/d.  I've still got a long way to go so I'm not counting myself as a "success" yet.  Only time's gonna tell. 

Hi Nikitas,

Can you give more info on your CT?  Why did you CT?  Did you CT on the Ativan and are just now crossing over?  It sounds like you are updosing to try and stabilize given you are already on 12 mg of Valium and the c/o of 1 mg of Ativan would be 10 mg of Valium?  I'm honestly not good with advising so that's why I didn't jump in.  It's hard to say if this is going to help you or not, unfortunately.  That's just the nature of the benzos b/c everyone, EVERYONE has a different experience, it seems.....and it definitely makes it frustrating.  I'm so sorry for your suffering.

I did the CT for 4 days, then I reinstated back on 1 mg of Ativan and 7 mg of valium. I CTed from 1 mg of Ativan and 7 mg of valium. Now I'm taking 5 mg of valium extra in the night so I don't get valium craving in the morning. I did the CT because I was desperate and I thought I could do it because this girl I know CTed off 2.5 mg of Ativan. I should've known better. My pdoc was also unsupportive, not listening to the Ashton manual and only giving 5 mg of valium per 1 mg of Ativan. So that made me desperate too. Thank you for your care.

It took a 3rd doctor to finally listen and understand and to give me more than 10 minutes a month in appt time when I really was in a horribly desperate situation.  Such atrocity when they dole out the meds and then just leave you hanging to figure it all out yourself or not even look at what you bring them, thinking that they know it all already.  I pray that the reinstatement helps you.  If it were me, I would go to 3 times a day, slow crossover and a slow microtaper down the rest of the way.  Will it work, I don't know....I'm hoping it does for you.  Many hugs.

It took a 3rd doctor to finally listen and understand and to give me more than 10 minutes a month in appt time when I really was in a horribly desperate situation.  Such atrocity when they dole out the meds and then just leave you hanging to figure it all out yourself or not even look at what you bring them, thinking that they know it all already.  I pray that the reinstatement helps you.  If it were me, I would go to 3 times a day, slow crossover and a slow microtaper down the rest of the way.  Will it work, I don't know....I'm hoping it does for you.  Many hugs.

I'm sorry you had to go through such atrocity.. Thank you for your support!

I'm going to switch over to 15 mg of valium in the morning and 15 mg of valium in the evening coming from 1 Ativan and 12 mg of valium. I did a cold turkey before for 4 days and the benzos have less effect on me. I once took 12 mg of valium in the morning and I had withdrawal in the midday. What are the chances of it backfiring on me?

Could someone reply to this? Thank you

Sorry you're going through a rough patch. When I tried to CT it took me months to stabalize. Do you think your interdose WD might be coming from your CT? I'm not sure what you mean that "benzos  have less effect on me". It seemed like my CT made me hypersensitive to benzos. Anytime we make changes like CTs or C/Os it can have a big effect on our CNS. I would hold until your CNS adjusts to those changes.

I'm going to switch over to 15 mg of valium in the morning and 15 mg of valium in the evening coming from 1 Ativan and 12 mg of valium. I did a cold turkey before for 4 days and the benzos have less effect on me. I once took 12 mg of valium in the morning and I had withdrawal in the midday. What are the chances of it backfiring on me?

Sorry you're going through a rough patch. When I tried to CT it took me months to stabalize. Do you think your interdose WD might be coming from your CT? I'm not sure what you mean that "benzos  have less effect on me". It seemed like my CT made me hypersensitive to benzos. Anytime we make changes like CTs or C/Os it can have a big effect on our CNS. I would hold until your CNS adjusts to those changes.

Thank you for your reply. I wish I became hypersensitive to the benzos, but the opposite happened. The benzos started working less effectively, normally I could last for 8 hours with a 1 mg of Ativan. Now I can only last for 4 to 5 hours and I will get interdose withdrawal. I had interdose withdrawal before the CT as well so it's not from that I think. I just ordered my first box of 30 tablets of 10 mg valium per tablet. I'm going to do either 10 10 10 or 15 15. I think I will get withdrawal when doing the 10 10 10 so I'm going to try the 15 15 first.

Thank you for your reply. I wish I became hypersensitive to the benzos, but the opposite happened. The benzos started working less effectively, normally I could last for 8 hours with a 1 mg of Ativan. Now I can only last for 4 to 5 hours and I will get interdose withdrawal. I had interdose withdrawal before the CT as well so it's not from that I think. I just ordered my first box of 30 tablets of 10 mg valium per tablet. I'm going to do either 10 10 10 or 15 15. I think I will get withdrawal when doing the 10 10 10 so I'm going to try the 15 15 first.

I think the Valium should help as it has a longer half life.  When I was in your situation, I started panicking and felt the only remedy was to start tapering again. I learned through my mistakes that the only solution (for me) was to hold and get stable. Like I said it took me 6 months when I tried to CT

I think the Valium should help as it has a longer half life.  When I was in your situation, I started panicking and felt the only remedy was to start tapering again. I learned through my mistakes that the only solution (for me) was to hold and get stable. Like I said it took me 6 months when I tried to CT

I was scammed ordering my online valium I'll have to find a different source..

I’m sorry that happened to you. It can be very tricky ordering Valium online because quality isn’t guaranteed and sometimes it can be confiscated by the shipping company (or government) before it ever arrives. I’m assuming you’ve been unable to find a doctor that is willing to prescribe to you? I hope you find a solution soon. Be well.

I've never heard of ordering Valium online as it's a controlled substance. Do you have a perscription?

I've never heard of ordering Valium online as it's a controlled substance. Do you have a perscription?

The psychiatrists here prescribe 5 mg of valium per 1 mg of Ativan. (the Netherlands) so I'm screwed. I got a prescription for 7 mg of valium right now. But my pdoc won't go higher. My brother gets valium online so I'm gonna use his source.

I’m sorry that happened to you. It can be very tricky ordering Valium online because quality isn’t guaranteed and sometimes it can be confiscated by the shipping company (or government) before it ever arrives. I’m assuming you’ve been unable to find a doctor that is willing to prescribe to you? I hope you find a solution soon. Be well.

I can't find a doctor yet that is able to prescribe me 15 mg of valium 2 times a day. Thank you for your support.

I can't find a doctor yet that is able to prescribe me 15 mg of valium 2 times a day. Thank you for your support.

Man I'm sorry you're going though this. I can relate. My idiot prescribed hydrocodone for my fibromyalgia, got me hooked and then cut me off. I had to CT and that was the worst experience in my life. I've come to hate the medical establishment. So are you on 1 mg Ativan and 7 mg Valium?

Man I'm sorry you're going though this. I can relate. My idiot prescribed hydrocodone for my fibromyalgia, got me hooked and then cut me off. I had to CT and that was the worst experience in my life. I've come to hate the medical establishment. So are you on 1 mg Ativan and 7 mg Valium?

Yeah and 5 mg of valium extra at night to not get valium cravings in the morning. Before I only took 1 mg of Ativan at 12 am and 7 mg of valium at 5 pm but the mornings were too rough so I changed the Valium time to 1 pm and the Ativan to 9 am.

Yeah I hate the medical establishment especially the psychiatry a lot too.

Yeah and 5 mg of valium extra at night to not get valium cravings in the morning. Before I only took 1 mg of Ativan at 12 am and 7 mg of valium at 5 pm but the mornings were too rough so I changed the Valium time to 1 pm and the Ativan to 9 am.

Well I hope things work out for you. It would be nice to just be on Valium and I don't know why your doc doesn't just do it.

Well I hope things work out for you. It would be nice to just be on Valium and I don't know why your doc doesn't just do it.

Thank you. Yeah these docs in the Netherlands prescribe only 5 mg per 1 mg of Ativan it's so annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi group:

Been a bit quiet around these parts. Summers slows down all activity in general, but this summer is a real melancholy summer in USA and the world. A bummer of a summer in far too many ways.

It has been 4 months since my last, relatively large reduction.

Most physical sx's have abated, e.g. eye twitching, etc. Though still have moderate yet tolerable tinnitus which seems to be improving.

So, will begin again with a conservative drop of 5% 4.0 mg to 3.8 mg. I take dose once a day in early evening.

Often, I look at the bottle and say to myself: Blue001 you don't really want to take this: Do you? I feel like I am on methadone maintence. So, I look at myself in the mirror juggling the bottle of liquid V while insering the syringe - night after night.

In fact, I feel no noticable effects yet understand its influence must be very subtle and imperceptable with low doses. Certainly, those Gaba receptors are expecting their nightly feeding!! If I had anxiety of any sort the dose would likely be highly ineffective. And of course V has an extremely long half life. In addition, fortunately, it is one of the weaker benzos unlike the beastly X and others in the short half life high powered category.

Cheers

blue, good to hear from you!!  Sounds like you are doing really well, that's great to hear.  Hope this next reduction is an easy one !!  Please stay safe, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼♥️🙏😘😷♥️🙏😘😷♥️

Hi, I'm new to the group.  I was on xanax for only 2 months. CT and it was horrible.  Went to ER after losing 50 pounds.  A Dr. agreed to support me with the Ashton Manual.  I'm currently on 20 Diazapam  5 am  5 afternoon 10 at night.  I'm starting to see the xanax withdraw slip away which is good.  But I'm very sleepy during the day.  I'm nervous about making my first cut.  Were you able to make bigger cuts in the beginning? and then slow down when you got lower. I'm willing to go as slow as possible to help heal my brain.  thanks

TG, that's a tough question.  You were only on a very short time but the cold turkey could have caused a problem.  Valium made me very sleepy too, a lot of people adjust to the med very quickly, but just to be safe, I would start out slow.  If you are doing good and feel as if you can speed up later, then try to go faster then.  Always let your symptoms be your guide.  Good luck, let us know how you are !

🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼. Mary

TG, Valium is super sedating, no surprise you feel sleepy. I was able to make fairly large cuts when I first started tapering, but had to make much smaller cuts as I got lower. The only thing is, I wasn’t also recovering from a CT. I would proceed with caution.

Thank you Mary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi---TallGolfer. What helped me was getting 2 mg tabs. They are scored and are easy to break down into 1 mg sections. Gives a bit more control and accuracy. Then later, if neccessary, you can consider the liquid V to titrate down by fractions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The online benzo equivalent calculators produce some overstated and erroneous results.  One returned 3.8 mg V as equivalent of .50 mg X.

3.8 mg ought to be around .18 mg X equivalent. I like to compare V dosage between the more powerful benzos, in particular, the beastly X.

Did find this physicans guide which reflects the Ashton convertions. https://physicians.utah.edu/echo/pdfs/sedative-hypnotic-equivalency-chart.pdf

V to X would be:

V            X

10 mg - .50 mg

9 mg - .45 mg

8 mg - .40 mg

7 mg - .35 mg

6 mg - .30 mg

5 mg - .25 mg

4 mg - .20 mg

3 mg - .15 mg

2 mg - .10 mg

1 mg - .05 mg (negligible)

Cheers

Well I’ve made the decision to convert the remaining Xanax I’m on .45, to 10 Mg Valium which will complete my cross over, hoping the Dr. approves, and I’ll start crossing over next refill, it’s time to kick the X completely, which will leave me at 22 Mg Valium and coming down from that...