Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Blue, I take the Valium and gabapentin at 10 pm and the trazodone at 12 at night when I go to bed. So far it's working.

Oh yes. Now I recall asking you same question awhile back. Thank you.

Superfly,

I hope this works well for you.  I too could not taper Klonopin any longer and even though it was supposed to be long acting, I was getting severe I/D withdrawals w/ 3 times per day.  About 5 months ago, I c/o from .375 mg of K to 6.5 mg of V, so less than the 1-20 equivalent.  My suggestion is to 1) Not allow your doctor to bully you into a direct switch - many don't want to prescribe 2 benzos at once.  Take the c/o slow per Ashton and you may be not need the full c/o amount, though if you do go higher, you might be able to drop quicker; 2) Expect some w/d symptoms - once the Klonopin w/d hit me about 5-7 days in, I got severe painful head pressure.  I also had initial bad side effects of Valium - severe burning muscle pain, itching.  I almost did not cross because of these things but I had a couple of good buddies, one dear one in particular on here, who went through the same thing and assured me it would get better.  ALL of that went away with time for me, once I got the Valium built up in my system and I adjusted.  I can't even imagine how bad the head pressure for me would have been if I had tried to do a direct c/o at once!!  3)  Many told me to throw away the calendar and that's just what I'm doing right now.  This may take you a year, it may take you 3 years.  Accept it and be ok with it.  4)  Look into different methods of tapering Valium, especially once you get to the lower doses. 

As far as "front loading", I've seen a handful of folks do this, and they found that it helped.  They added the Valium for just 2-3 days before taking away the equiv. shorter acting benzo and it helped them avoid some bad w/d symptoms.  You may not need or want to do that - just be aware that you may have some w/d and that it likely will go away.  I'd personally take "sleepy" over panic, akathisia and other horrid symptoms any day - I was grateful for the Valium sedation. 

And yeah, you may be on a "high" dose but I've seen a lot of people come off those higher doses more easily than some who come off "tiny" doses.  So try not to be discouraged.  Best wishes to you!!

Thanks momof7babes, I appreciate the info and I'll always have more questions.  ;).

I'm planning on following the c/o as defined in Ashton-in stepwise fashion. My doc is cool and willing to work with me. 

Did you front dose? Also how long did you take to C/O?  And how long did your wd sx last before things smoothed out? Just worried due to the high dose I'm dealing with and want to make sure I'm functional at work. thanks again for your help!

Superfly, I followed the Ashton manual for my crossover from 1 mg K to 20 mg V over 8 weeks. I didn’t front load and experienced some brief withdrawal symptoms from K (bad anxiety for one day). My sleep was much improved due to Valium’s sedating qualities.

Superfly,

That's so awesome you have a good and willing doctor - that's a huge advantage!!

My c/o took about 5 1/2 weeks but I know others who took longer than that.  I did not front load b/c I was stubborn but if I would have went back, I may have done it.  I think the anticonvulsant properties of Klonopin were what caused the severe head pressure but it could have been the difference in half lives - so hard to say.  I think I had w/d symptoms that lasted about a month and the first couple of weeks were the hardest with the head pressure and burning muscles from the Valium.  As I said, I almost bailed but my good buddy on here; also, my doc noticed an immediate difference in me (I was so bad, Superfly) so she said, we are taking this VERY slow and waiting it out but we aren't going back.  It was a good thing it was taken out of my hands, honestly.  You may be just fine and there's really no way to say.  With such a high dose, might not make a difference. I know many who did a direct versus step wise c/o and had only a few days of issues and that was it - we are all so different.  As you are well aware, the Valium is very sedating but hopefully, it won't interfere with your work.  Once you get in the lower doses, that will likely wear off. 

I hope this works out well for you.  Keep us posted!!

Hey Faith, I agree with OK, but one thing I would like to add, if you do decide to switch back, please don't do a straight switch, crossback at least at a moderate rate,  a straight switch may be a big shock to your brain and cns.  This is hard, just know we are here for you.  Mary ☮️💜☮️💜☮️💜

I think I want to switch back to ativan, and I was wondering if you or anyone else here

could suggest a rate at which to taper back (replace one dose a week, every few days, etc.) Thanks.

Hey Faith, I agree with OK, but one thing I would like to add, if you do decide to switch back, please don't do a straight switch, crossback at least at a moderate rate,  a straight switch may be a big shock to your brain and cns.  This is hard, just know we are here for you.  Mary ☮️💜☮️💜☮️💜

I think I want to switch back to ativan, and I was wondering if you or anyone else here

could suggest a rate at which to taper back (replace one dose a week, every few days, etc.) Thanks.

If you are feeling pretty bad, I would follow Ashton Manual crossover, if you are not too bad, I might speed it up some, but remember, then hold until benzo leveled out in your blood stream and things feel more stable.  ;).  Keep us posted  :)

Kitsnune, I'm a little apprehensive about switching over due to the high dose I'm on. Worried about being a zombie at work since Valium is so sedating - i guess I could start drinking double espressos. Also, if you did 8 weeks to transfer from 1 MG - i assume it would take longer with 2.5MG. I'm also worried about K withdrawals symptoms, but hopefully front loading will resolve that.

Also, can someone explain how front dosing/loading works. I kind of understand, but need more context.

Here is my current dose - doing this to avoid interdose withdrawal. how would i front dose this if switching to V. I would like to get to only dosing 3x a day.

.5mg at 7am, .5mg at 1pm, .5 at 7pm, 1mg ~11:30pm

Superfly, my understanding of front loading is limited, but I think you start taking the Valium with the Klonopin and not cutting anything at first. The Ashton manual suggests cutting doses while crossing over when you’re at a higher dose. So you’d be decreasing AND crossing over. I started crossing over with my night time dose first because Valium is so sedating. Beings you have two doses later in the day those would be the first ones I would switch over. You will likely be able to cut out the 7 pm dose most easily. Schedule 6 in the Ashton manual is the closest cross over and taper schedule to your current dose.

Hello everyone,

I’m glad this is an such an active thread. Thank you all for contributing it makes me feel not so alone. I posted here a few weeks ago when I first crossed from Xanax 1.5mg to 30mg Valium. It has been a little over a month since I did the direct cross over I was sleeping at least 3 times a day. Better than the interdose withdrawals from Xanax for sure. I am currently tapering and was at 27.5mg for 2 weeks and now 25mg the next 2 weeks. I did NAD+ therapy to test out and was knocked out the next day. During the 3-4 hour IV drip I did feel mental clarity and energy. I am going to experiment more with it later. Taking cbd two hours after I take my doses. I’m not too sedated anymore just enough to sleep at night. Just trying to stay positive through this. I’m still learning about holds and following the Ashton manuals schedule. My second doctors appointment is at the end of the month. Thank you for listening and God bless

-Jimmy

Definitely Jimmy, thanks for keeping us posted, we are always here .  Glad you are feeling pretty well!

Mary 💜💜

Thanks everyone for welcoming Jimmy, he's a young man with a wife and baby and looking for positive people to help him through this, I know he's in good hands.  :smitten:

Hello everyone,

I did NAD+ therapy to test out and was knocked out the next day. During the 3-4 hour IV drip I did feel mental clarity and energy. I am going to experiment more with it later. Taking cbd two hours after I take my doses.

-Jimmy

How much did that NAD+ treatment cost? I would consider it when I finally jump off my last dose. I also have NAD+ sublingual supplements on hand after I jump cause it's cheaper.

Hello everyone,

I did NAD+ therapy to test out and was knocked out the next day. During the 3-4 hour IV drip I did feel mental clarity and energy. I am going to experiment more with it later. Taking cbd two hours after I take my doses.

-Jimmy

How much did that NAD+ treatment cost? I would consider it when I finally jump off my last dose. I also have NAD+ sublingual supplements on hand after I jump cause it's cheaper.

About time for me to drop in and say--hi.

Welcome Jimmy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Stuck at 5 mg and have not cut after .5 mg increase. Allowing stressors to diminish--one did so today-- :clap:

DJ100, great that the Indica is helping. Think it is most benefical as one gets down to the low dosage range.

So many BB members appear to be benefiting. Some using through out their taper. Cannabis is one of my favorite topics. If you ever want to chat PM me. Last month, I did not renew my MMCard after having for 10 years. I am older and had migraines for 45 years. After a few weeks--of use they disappeared into thin air--what a relief. Of course, I found many other benefits along the way. Have been using very very little since I--like all of us, naively--underestimated the choas benzos cause.

I have been a meditator for over a year now. Started a few months before benzo issue when sleep was a problem. Mindfulness/mediation are wonderful and have lead me on a great learning experience. Jon Kabat-Zinn--admonishes his readers in one of his books: Do not advertise/tell anyone you are mediating for at least 10 years--becasue one has the tendency to start selling it rather than practicing it (paraphrasing). I just violated his commandment-- :nono:

Also--PM me to talk meditation anytime. I have a reading list and many books. Just ordered two of Pema Chodron's books--coming tomorrow.

Cheers

Question:

Anyone using both Trazadone and V dose at night and having unusual reaction upon waking up.

Cheers

Thank you Pam. God bless your heart for guiding me.

The NAD+ was $350 but I’m not sure the dosage. I know it was low and not high but I felt good during it. I need to experiment or research more. Since switching to Valium I do feel irritable a little depressed (still accepting what I’m going through) at times. No crazy random panic attacks like Xanax I hope going lower on my cuts that doesn’t come back I was up for almost a month straight before switching to Valium. Avoiding AD and stacking other meds on top. I use full spectrum cbd right now that has traces of thc. Thc in the past has made me paranoid. But I’m looking for a new brand I’m willing to try other full spectrums. My bottles are 2400mg. I pray things go smoothly as I cut. How long does it usually take you guys to feel the cuts?

-Jimmy

Thank you Pam. God bless your heart for guiding me.

The NAD+ was $350 but I’m not sure the dosage. I know it was low and not high but I felt good during it. I need to experiment or research more. Since switching to Valium I do feel irritable a little depressed (still accepting what I’m going through) at times. No crazy random panic attacks like Xanax I hope going lower on my cuts that doesn’t come back I was up for almost a month straight before switching to Valium. Avoiding AD and stacking other meds on top. I use full spectrum cbd right now that has traces of thc. Thc in the past has made me paranoid. But I’m looking for a new brand I’m willing to try other full spectrums. My bottles are 2400mg. I pray things go smoothly as I cut. How long does it usually take you guys to feel the cuts?

-Jimmy

I just got my hands on Indica-only CBD oil to complement my Indica-only THC oil. I can't take more than 10mg of THC otherwise it loses the sedative properties and becomes stimulating. Otherwise, it helps me fall asleep. I'm making an assumption that the Indica-only CBD will also be sedating. Until now, I've used Hemp CBD from whatever random strain at the 3000/mg bottle dose.

To answer blue, I used to meditate a lot. Now I’ll just listen to binaural beats at night. I’m sure I’ll be able to meditate once again like I used to one day. DJ, I’m located in Texas so it’s mainly hemp with small traces of thc. I did just order some charlottes web. I tried it a long time ago and it worked well for anxiety. The one right now not so much. Cbd capsules don’t seem to do much for me. You are right about the sleep and sedation. At first when I crossed over to Valium I was already sedated and still sedated but suspect it may be the cbd combined. Even though I take them hours apart. I may need to lower the cbd drops.

-Jimmy

To answer blue, I used to meditate a lot. Now I’ll just listen to binaural beats at night. I’m sure I’ll be able to meditate once again like I used to one day. DJ, I’m located in Texas so it’s mainly hemp with small traces of thc. I did just order some charlottes web. I tried it a long time ago and it worked well for anxiety. The one right now not so much. Cbd capsules don’t seem to do much for me. You are right about the sleep and sedation. At first when I crossed over to Valium I was already sedated and still sedated but suspect it may be the cbd combined. Even though I take them hours apart. I may need to lower the cbd drops.

-Jimmy

Howdy Jimmy:

I am an old Texan from the good ole days. Lived mostly in north, but also lived for work/school/slacking (:nono:) in east, south and west Texas.

Been way out further SW in another state on the edge of the west for 20 years now. Unfortunately, Texas will likely be one of the last states to legalize cannabis.

Always been curious about the binaural beats. And I and many others understand the depression associated with tapering.

Sure would like to see some real research about CBD and/or THC and its benefits during and after withdrawal beyond the below study.

There was a Canadian study published recently. It was sponsored by a cannabis research company. The subjects were benzo users and a large percentage self reported a reduction in benzo use while using cannabis.

Here it is for you and others to review: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6757237/

and general article--https://www.canabomedicalclinic.com/milestone-study-shows-dramatic-reduction-in-pharmaceutical-reliance-among-canadian-medical-cannabis-patients/

In Canada, 10 per cent of the general population use benzodiazepines daily, with common side-effects such as sedation, dizziness, drowsiness, unsteadiness, headache and memory impairment. Long-term benzodiazepine use is also associated with complications including problems with concentration, tolerance, addiction and overdose.

“We wanted to take a close look at the likelihood of continued benzodiazepine usage after commencing medical cannabis treatments and to be perfectly honest, the results are extremely promising,” said Dr. Neil Smith, Executive Chairman of Canabo. “When conducting this type of research, experts are typically encouraged by an efficacy rate in the neighbourhood of 10 per cent. To see 45 per cent effectiveness demonstrates that the medical cannabis industry is at a real watershed moment.”

Cheers 

I’m going to be moving over from homemade liquid to Rx liquid, does anyone have any advice for crossing over from one to the other? Do I need to cross over or just start taking the Rx liquid?

I’m going to be moving over from homemade liquid to Rx liquid, does anyone have any advice for crossing over from one to the other? Do I need to cross over or just start taking the Rx liquid?

Hey you,it's me.....I crossed over slow but not as slow as my Xanax to Valium crossover.

I had to change generics and so many people were having problems with generic changes, I thought better safe than sorry.  But I have a girlfriend on here that crossed pretty quickly, no issues at all.

Are you changing generics?

I’m not sure. I’m on Teva tablets now and the Rx liquid I think is made by West-Ward (but not 100% sure).

Hey you,it's me.....I crossed over slow but not as slow as my Xanax to Valium crossover.

I had to change generics and so many people were having problems with generic changes, I thought better safe than sorry.  But I have a girlfriend on here that crossed pretty quickly, no issues at all.

I’m not sure. I’m on Teva tablets now and the Rx liquid I think is made by West-Ward (but not 100% sure).

I would take a little, say a couple weeks, once done, wait to see if your symptoms ramp up, short hold, before you taper.  So if you are doing ok, start your taper.  It's better not risking hurrying and run into a problem.  :)