Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hello BB,

I woke up fine, I up dose to 2.6 mg Valium after 6 days at 2.0 mg,  from 3 mg a day.  today I'm going to start daily small cuts. 

then liquid cuts.  I'm reading Vodka method. 

I dream too much!!!  I have to bring good dreams,  hypnosis ?    maybe ?

thanks

Have a nice weekend!

Hugs

Tex

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tex.... Good to read you're feeling fine.

I agree with ATU. Maybe wait a few days and see how you feel before cutting again?

Can't hurt, right ?

Hope your weekend will be nice,

by bye val:

Also, I huge congrats for being 19 days off. :thumbsup: How does it feel being benzo free? I've been on them for so long that I cannot remember.

:smitten:

Bets

I would have to say I can tell the difference in my mental agility.

As far as w/d -- there was a spike in nervousness about 10-14 days off. Now, I feel great.

I even sleep through the night -- mostly without any sweating at all, or so little it doesn't wake me.

Especially to Benzogirl, who took the time to read my post. Yes, I thought that the sugg of Klonapin or phenobarbitol instead of V were 'way off base, too. FYI when you are in the Kaiser system you are at the mercy of the aggregated doctors. I agree, what's the rush? Apparently Kaiser is on a campaign to get people off of benzos. Unlike the other focus lately on opiates, I do think this is a great indicator. However as we know, they can do huge damage without proper knowledge. I went on the Ashton site after posting here and she clearly states in Chapter 2 that Klonapin is not good for tapering off. But I had to work very hard just to get my CD doc to agree to .5 mg/month and also I'm not sure that we verified that liquid V is going to be available readily always and covered by my insurance. I know the pills are not that expensive as I had to buy my own for a bit after the move (my Hawaii doc gave me a few refills to tide me over until I got a new doc). Anyway, to Oregonkatz, thanks for your input.

I spent hours and days on this site back in 2013 learning. So I"m not just coming on here cold and asking questions and for support. Is it common that, at higher doses, a faster taper is OK? Like since I'm at 13 mg. I have seen numerous posts of people who have taken years to come off and I finally came to terms with that process as well. I have experienced the setbacks of going too fast and at this time cannot literally afford to do through that.

I do not trust this doctor. She has shown me that in spite of her "years of experience" she doesn't even know the basics. My only choice at this point, however, is to leave the Kaiser system completely and find a doc who just dispenses meds, do it myself. The Kaiser system has a lot going for it; like the pill support group, trauma support which I need, doctors available at all times, and it's the only one really working well with the Obamacare "Covered California" system. My whole weekend has been ruined by this doctor, though; she was supposed to email my Rx to my primary care doc for Norco yesterday and it was supposed to be filled. Nope. So now I have to spend the day dealing with other Kaiser doctors and pharmacies as I'm totally out and will be sick by Monday if I don't take care of it. My plan is to go to the pill group on Thursday and ask this doc a few more questions. I would really like more input about the .5 mg per month taper.  :'(

Thank you Texfernand for words of support.

I'm very happy for you Rhapsodygirl, that you've made it off! Best of luck to you and thanks for letting us know!

Bets No I need KK and all groups all of you more than ever. Have had fever (from 99.5 to 101) for over a month. Freezing when temperature in house or outside is very hot. Clinging to my bed in inconsolable fear. Spent day at the ER yesterday. I was put on antibiotics last week at Urgent Fare clinic had a sinus infection and bronchitis all at once. But this fever thing started before that.  So I have been in horrible fear. I have Bern referred to an infectious disease doc by my PCP. ER said nothing life-threatening happening now. I am wondering if Valium could be doing this to me. Or it could be infection in tooth or teeth. Dental appointment Monday. I was sick from that a few years ago. I miss you all. I hope you will reply. If I could stop being so terrified I would do better. Withdrawaing via Ashton on top of all this is awful.

I hope you are all hanging on tightly and doing better.

Hugs

Mozart

Bets No I need KK and all groups all of you more than ever. Have had fever (from 99.5 to 101) for over a month. Freezing when temperature in house or outside is very hot. Clinging to my bed in inconsolable fear. Spent day at the ER yesterday. I was put on antibiotics last week at Urgent Fare clinic had a sinus infection and bronchitis all at once. But this fever thing started before that.  So I have been in horrible fear. I have Bern referred to an infectious disease doc by my PCP. ER said nothing life-threatening happening now. I am wondering if Valium could be doing this to me. Or it could be infection in tooth or teeth. Dental appointment Monday. I was sick from that a few years ago. I miss you all. I hope you will reply. If I could stop being so terrified I would do better. Withdrawaing via Ashton on top of all this is awful.

Hugs

Mozart

It would not be valium.

It could be the stress of tapering and withdrawal.

Perhaps you may consider supplements and vitamins that support immunity, like vitamin c (ascorbate salts) and zinc.  And also sufficient b-complex vitamins to handle the stress.

Most holistic practicionsr recommend 1000 mg 3 times a day of vitamin C as an ascorbate powder.  In that form it is very mild and ususally does not cause stomach upset.

Hugs

Mozart

Sorry I don't know why you're having an infection but I haven't had fevers due to V. In fact my temp tends to be low. You may be onto something with your teeth. I think the suggested vitamins B and C will help. I myself am looking for ascorbate C and an affordable B vit without ascorbic acid. I feel your fear; I've had times I just had to distract however I could, sometimes pray that my angels hold me and just know that time will pass. You said "withdrawing via Ashton...is awful". I could not do her regimen of 1 mg cut every 2 weeks.I got really sick. So if you're doing that, maybe you should hold for awhile and reconsider. Much smaller cuts or a microtaper, as I'd like to do if you are able you can read my posts on this thread. I too am facing a mountain of fear, starting my life over and hitting a doc who wants me to drop 'way too fast. I wish I could hug you. It may or may not help but I have desperately needed and not gotten hugs for years now. I do know I'm not alone, but it still is very hard not to have people around for emotional support. I'm going to stick with this thread because there are too many others to keep track of. Hope you feel MUCH better very soon!  :smitten:

Aloha, healingme

Good Morning to everybody!!

Happy Father day!!

Sunday 21 11:23 am in Houston TX,  great  weather, hot summer,  mold :( , humidity,   

I walked in my yard, need to be careful with mosquito, feeling chest pain in the morning, I thinks are gases from my digestion track,

other than that I'm fine at 2.5 mg valium, Facebook  carry now bad news from friends and relatives.  news everyday: violence,  movies: violence and death.   

Before with Ativan I couldn't walk or do much.  Now I have to move, when I rest I feel chest pain.  >:(

when I walk the chest pain stopped.  ????

I'm cleaning my garage , my car.    what else can I do.

Have a nice rest of your day!

Tex.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good Morning to everybody!!

Happy Father day!!

Sunday 21 11:23 am in Houston TX,  great  weather, hot summer,  mold :( , humidity,   

I walked in my yard, need to be careful with mosquito, feeling chest pain in the morning, I thinks are gases from my digestion track,

other than that I'm fine at 2.5 mg valium, Facebook  carry now bad news from friends and relatives.  news everyday: violence,  movies: violence and death.   

Before with Ativan I couldn't walk or do much.  Now I have to move, when I rest I feel chest pain.  >:(

when I walk the chest pain stopped.  ????

I'm cleaning my garage , my car.    what else can I do.

Have a nice rest of your day!

Tex.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Tex,

" Happy Fathers Day"

You sound like you have a good handle on these taper pangs. I get those chest pains from time to time as well and I think it is also from eating.

Have a great day my friend! :thumbsup:

ATU

Hello everyone.

I'm in very severe crisis as I write this.  I'm new to this Benzo nightmare and desperately need some sound advice.

I recently crossed over from .40mg of Ativan to 4mg of Valium.  I now think I did it way too fast.  I posted my irratic c/o schedule a few pages back on this thread.  I didn't follow the advice I was given here on BB due to my immense impatience to get off the Ativan asap.  Now, I'm very very sorry for not doing so.  One of you knows who's advice I didn't follow.

I have had horrible all day wd s/x probably from going too fast.  I am out of control.

My pdoc instructed me to updose the Valium, which I have.  Up to 5.5mg.  I can't get any relief and I'm having the worst kind of intrusive thoughts I imagine are possible.

I crossed over in only 6.5 weeks.  I've been off the Ativan now completely for 7 days.  The last 7 days I have been dosing 5mg of Valium.  Yesterday, I started 5.5mg    today, I'll dose the same.

I've had no success with the deep breathing techniques some have suggested.

PLEASE.... someone give me some advice on what I might try to get some quick measure of relief.  I know there is no quick fix, but all of you who have so much more experience than I do surely could suggest something to help.

Please.... I simply do not want to resort going to the ER which will turn into another in-patient stay, and I've been warned about detox facilities by many.

Please help.  thanks

Hello everyone.

I'm in very severe crisis as I write this.  I'm new to this Benzo nightmare and desperately need some sound advice.

I recently crossed over from .40mg of Ativan to 4mg of Valium.  I now think I did it way too fast.  I posted my irratic c/o schedule a few pages back on this thread.  I didn't follow the advice I was given here on BB due to my immense impatience to get off the Ativan asap.  Now, I'm very very sorry for not doing so.  One of you knows who's advice I didn't follow.

I have had horrible all day wd s/x probably from going too fast.  I am out of control.

My pdoc instructed me to updose the Valium, which I have.  Up to 5.5mg.  I can't get any relief and I'm having the worst kind of intrusive thoughts I imagine are possible.

I crossed over in only 6.5 weeks.  I've been off the Ativan now completely for 7 days.  The last 7 days I have been dosing 5mg of Valium.  Yesterday, I started 5.5mg    today, I'll dose the same.

I've had no success with the deep breathing techniques some have suggested.

PLEASE.... someone give me some advice on what I might try to get some quick measure of relief.  I know there is no quick fix, but all of you who have so much more experience than I do surely could suggest something to help.

Please.... I simply do not want to resort going to the ER which will turn into another in-patient stay, and I've been warned about detox facilities by many.

Please help.  thanks

What are you doing to manage or treat the anxiety you were originally diagnosed with?

Hi Lost:

I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. I really think you C/Oed in the right time frame. Some people feel the need to updose when they make the C/O from a stronger acting benzo, like Ativan. By now, the Valium should have kicked in, unless you made a drastic C/O in the past few days, which I don't think you did. The problem that many people have is once you are on a low dose, no matter which benzo, you may feel worse. Intrusive thoughts are so very typical. I know they are bad, but they will go away. I suspect if you stayed on Ativan, you might have the same problems, plus I/D to boot. Why not give Valium a bit of more time? Updosing again might not work, and you will end up going backwards. You don't want to lose the ground you have gained. Sorry, but I haven't read your earlier post, but if you say you C/O too fast, then maybe you needed to do a slower C/O. But it's done with. I don't think you made fast one, but then again, mine was super gradual, as I have a whole bunch of K to back me up and I only did a partial one. Just try and do your best, and if your C/O was too fast, don't worry, the Valium will kick in. You'll feel better every day. Take care and try to distract yourself as best as possible. That's one good way to avoid those intrusive thoughts; by keeping your mind elsewhere.

builder:

Hi. I read your reply and it makes sense to me. Diluting, I mean. I called my insurance to see if they would agree to the liquid, and they said they would prefer to give my injectable Valium. What? Like I want to shoot myself up every day? Anyway, I told them what brand you suggested and they said they have never heard of it. They said there is no liquid brand name Valium. So I made them look up your name and they found it. But they said they have to preauthorize it. So I will do as you says and dilute it. I'm sorry, but you said it would last 10 days. I didn't get that, as I know virtually nothing about titration. I though you would take the dose you want to cut from the syringe and then drink the rest of the solution. If that were the case, they I would have to make a batch every day. Can you please explain the process to me? And will one of those bottles last me 30 days? Thank you very much.

healing: Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but busy busy busy work. You also asked if .5 mg is too much? I really don't think so. I believe you said you were on 13 mg of Valium (I might have forgotten, since after I read your post I went out to father's day dinner). If you were on just 10 mg, then a .5 mg drop wold be just 5%, and even less since you are on 13 mg. I think you will do just fine on that drop. Of course, when you get to a lower dose, you have to cut by less. But you should be fine on the .5 mg cut until you reach about 9 mg. Then you can decide of how much you want to drop. Wishing you the best.  :thumbsup:

Hey Tex: I'm so happy they you are feeling great. That is good news indeed. I hope you had a great day! fwiw~~I have been feeling fine throughout my taper. But I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop. See, I still have a bit of K left to back me up. I expected holy heck when I get down in my Valium taper. I just hope I don't get that awful depression.

Moo: Sorry you had a bout of anxiety. Actually this is my greatest fear as I was an anxiety mess before benzos. It got so bad that I have to take several leaves of absence from work. So now I am here.  :'( Dropping an entire dose must be quite strange. I bet it makes your body feel strange too. I am not looking forward to the day when I only get to dose once a day. I agree and so does my pdoc: avoid any and all stress. Too bad I can't, as I have a sick mom to take care of 24/7. She's always on my tail. When I began my taper off K (10 whopping mg), I didn't know what I was doing and didn't know about BB. I dropped 2 mg the first week, and 1 mg the 2nd week. Boy did that hit me. So I reinstated the 1 mg, and then began doing cut and hold by 5% every two weeks, until I got down low in my dose, and now dry micro tapering off it. I really love the micro taper, as you can adjust as needed and the cuts are so tiny that you don't feel them. I too, was very impatient at first, as I knew I had a whole bunch to get off. But then I kept in my mind my miserable failed C/T and I learned to be patient. I suspect it will take me another two years to be benzo free. I say so what? At least I feel normal and can function from day to day.

Mozart: How are you feeling today, my dear? Still bad? I'm so sorry for that. I know you need to be on as many support groups as possible, given your problems. But since I seem to be symptom free and felt pretty good from the very beginning, I don't need to hop from support site to site. This will be my site from now on, unless I am asked to leave. You have a bunch of bad things going on: low grade temp, sinuses and bronchitis. I have a question for you. Are you experiencing w/d fear or fear that you are medically sick and don't know what to do about it?? Just know that I will be thinking of you and will remember to check up on you.

can do: No, I think I'll stick with this site, and not KK. Since you are on both, it makes sense that you want to be a member of both. But I have my K plan in place and feel good, so I really don't want to be a member there anymore. Too much too much. I doubt they notice anyway, as it's such a fast moving thread and people just come and go whenever. I am also going to go super slow with my V taper. Why risk it? I suspect, in the end, we will miss the Beast as two benzos make you feel safe.

To all dad's out there: Happy Father's Day!

Bets

Bets,

Thank you so much for taking a the time to write to us all , personally.

It's greatly appreciated and you bring such a nice vibe here.

You're so right to go slow and say " what the heck to how long it takes". The most important thing is that you can function.

I've been way impatient at times. Also because I'm having thyroid issues and xs overlap. And as long I'm still on this crap, I can't get my thyroid figured out either ( I got prescribed Ativan after my thruoid was affected after an allergic reaction to the dye used in an Mri).

Are we having fun yet ? :sick:

I'm glad you're doing the micro taper and that it works well for you too. I find it way more manageable. I mean, it's not that it goes flawlessly or anything, but the insecurity of waiting for when things hit big on cut and hold were very stressful. After switching to daily and liquid, I felt the waves didn't last as long. Makes sense, I guess.

You had it rough after that uninformed cutting. Omg! Those were good size chunks, too. :-[

I also didn't know before landing here and cut 4 mgr Ativan to 0.75 in about three months.

( which is 40 Valium to 7.5).

Nuts!

I thought I was losing my mind.

We will get used to dropping that dose. I think it's more psychological maybe on this dose.

I mean, I can't really believe that this is even a therapeutic dose.. But then again, it's the levels in the body, built up, I guess. And I'm going with the vapor caper, for a soft landing, hopefully.

A c/t sounds truly horrific. Sorry you had to go through that...

Ok. Going to rest a bit. And hope your evening is well.

Glad you're here.

builder:

Hi. I read your reply and it makes sense to me. Diluting, I mean. I called my insurance to see if they would agree to the liquid, and they said they would prefer to give my injectable Valium. What? Like I want to shoot myself up every day? Anyway, I told them what brand you suggested and they said they have never heard of it. They said there is no liquid brand name Valium.

No, its not "liquid brand name Valium", it's "Diazepam Oral Solution, 5mg=5ml"  It's mfg's by Roxane Laboratories, and to the best of my knowledge, they are the only mfg'r or liquid benzos in the US.

So I made them look up your name and they found it. But they said they have to preauthorize it. So I will do as you says and dilute it. I'm sorry, but you said it would last 10 days. I didn't get that, as I know virtually nothing about titration. I though you would take the dose you want to cut from the syringe and then drink the rest of the solution.

No, don't do that!  Make a diluted batch as I previously described.  Put 10ml of liquid V in a jar and add 90ml water.  No you have 100ml of liquid med, each ml contains .1mg V.  Then each day, just draw out the "cut' portion from the liquid, and add it to the rest of your (tablet) dose.

If that were the case, they I would have to make a batch every day. Can you please explain the process to me? And will one of those bottles last me 30 days? Thank you very much.

If you start tapering at 40mg, you can take 39mg by tablet, and the last mg or part mg (the "cut"portion) from liquid.  If you start your taper at 5% per 10 days, that's .2mg cut per day.    So if you dilute 9:1 (10%) your schedule will be:

39mg tablets    8ml(.8mg) liquid

39mg                6ml(.6mg)

39mg                4ml(.4mg)

If you add up the daily liquid portions, (8ml+6ml+4ml, etc), you'll find that the 100ml will last 12-14 days.  This is much easier than mixing a new batch each day, then throwing part of it away.

Bets

bye bye val..... thanks for the interest.....

I also take Remeron for depression prescribed by the pdoc I had in my last in-patient stay,,,,  and Lyrica for anxiety, which was prescribed by the pdoc I started seeing when I got out of the hospital.

I also see what I believe to be is a benzowise Therapist every week who is working with me to deal with a lot of life anxieties I have, just starting to work on mindful meditation, but I have real difficulty implementing those techniques.

I'm also trying to develop some new friendships, primarily at work, but I have sever social anxiety so progress is very slow. 

I have an immensly stressful job, a very long drive to and from work, live way out in the country quite isolated from people, also suffering from agoraphobia and what I believe is Akathisia, so those issues aren't helping matters.

I may have to seek disabilty leave from work or may stand to lose my job if I can't get it together pretty quick.

Wish more folks would post up about my situation..... I'm just looking for advice, not specific medical directives.

Thanks 

bye bye val..... thanks for the interest.....

I also take Remeron for depression prescribed by the pdoc I had in my last in-patient stay,,,,  and Lyrica for anxiety, which was prescribed by the pdoc I started seeing when I got out of the hospital.

I also see what I believe to be is a benzowise Therapist every week who is working with me to deal with a lot of life anxieties I have, just starting to work on mindful meditation, but I have real difficulty implementing those techniques.

I'm also trying to develop some new friendships, primarily at work, but I have sever social anxiety so progress is very slow. 

I have an immensly stressful job, a very long drive to and from work, live way out in the country quite isolated from people, also suffering from agoraphobia and what I believe is Akathisia, so those issues aren't helping matters.

I may have to seek disabilty leave from work or may stand to lose my job if I can't get it together pretty quick.

Wish more folks would post up about my situation..... I'm just looking for advice, not specific medical directives.

Thanks

Try to rest in your car, laid down and breath, that helped me  a lot while in Ativan,  check your sugar level, you are working like me,  some  BB don't work, they have money or a spouse that help them,  I have to work, I went to work while a had the worst symptoms, many times left my job, went to the emergency hospital and wait outside to calm down, and go back to work.  I c/o to valium in six weeks, feel better, because Ativan was a hell, I couldn't walk for teen minutes without having a panic attack,  I sat in my office almost lay down in my chair.  I walked 10 minutes then sit for an hour,  meetings were a hell, I had to take 0.5 Ativan before any meeting. 

so, be brave and hold.  my 20 mg Prozac helped, I stop crying with It.   

IMO you should hold and don't go back to Ativan.

Good luck and be strong !!!  the healing is coming!!

Tex

:smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

builder:

Gottcha Finally. Now it make perfect sense to me. At first, I thought I would have to throw in my entire dose, not just 1 mg. So here's another if you have time. I am currently on 70 mg. For example, with my K micro taper, I wanted to cut by 5% every two weeks, in this case, .03 mg (I started at .625 mg) , so I dry cut and am dropping .001 grams 11 out of 14 days to get there. I want to drop my V by 5% every two weeks from 70 mg. How many mg should I cut every day, or most days, from the total of 70 mg to get to 5% every two weeks? Thank you so much for your help. You are an  :angel::smitten: I called my pharmacy and they said sure, we can order the liquid for you. Stupid insurance co.

Hey Moo:

How are you today? I also have a thyroid problem. Hypo. For two years my stupid PCP tried things and it did nothing but make it worse. I gotta get rid of that  :idiot:. Finally, I got fed up and saw an endo and she took care of it quick step and got me within range in 6 weeks. I never had a thyroid problem until I took benzos, so I lay the blame on that drug. I gained a lot of weight during that time so now I changed my diet drastically and go the the Y every day. I hear you on the impatience thing. Some days I look at my bottle and just want to throw it out. Yes, both of us cut by way to much at the beginning. I should have just googled benzo withdrawal and I'm sure the manual would have popped up. Stupid me. I think the Valium still works for me, but the K bowed out a long time ago. Yes, the C/T was more than hell. I wouldn't wish it upon my worse enemy. It the same thing one says about benzo withdrawal: You can't fully understand how horrible it is until you go through the process yourself. You're getting there!!!!! Just keep on keeping on and before you know it you will be benzo free. I hope you slept well last night. It's an oddity for me. I was sleeping very poorly at the beginning, and once I got past the .5 mg mark my sleep has gotten better. I guess that K turned it's back on me. I can't wait to be rid of it! Such a nasty drug, as can do will attest to.

bye bye val: Is it 21 days for you?  :yippee::clap: :clap: :yippee: You doing OK?

I hope everyone here had a good day! We all must be strong.

Bets

bye bye val: Is it 21 days for you?  :yippee::clap: :clap: :yippee: You doing OK?

Bets

yep no problem

sleep like a log now

builder:

Gottcha Finally. Now it make perfect sense to me. At first, I thought I would have to throw in my entire dose, not just 1 mg. So here's another if you have time. I am currently on 70 mg. For example, with my K micro taper, I wanted to cut by 5% every two weeks, in this case, .03 mg (I started at .625 mg) , so I dry cut and am dropping .001 grams 11 out of 14 days to get there. I want to drop my V by 5% every two weeks from 70 mg. How many mg should I cut every day, or most days, from the total of 70 mg to get to 5% every two weeks? Thank you so much for your help. You are an  :angel::smitten: I called my pharmacy and they said sure, we can order the liquid for you. Stupid insurance co.

Bets

Current dose X % = cut

Cut/days daily cut. 

70X.05=3.5

3.5/14=.25mg/day.

builder:

Hey Moo:

How are you today? I also have a thyroid problem. Hypo. For two years my stupid PCP tried things and it did nothing but make it worse. I gotta get rid of that  :idiot:. Finally, I got fed up and saw an endo and she took care of it quick step and got me within range in 6 weeks. I never had a thyroid problem until I took benzos, so I lay the blame on that drug. I gained a lot of weight during that time so now I changed my diet drastically and go the the Y every day. I hear you on the impatience thing. Some days I look at my bottle and just want to throw it out. Yes, both of us cut by way to much at the beginning. I should have just googled benzo withdrawal and I'm sure the manual would have popped up. Stupid me. I think the Valium still works for me, but the K bowed out a long time ago. Yes, the C/T was more than hell. I wouldn't wish it upon my worse enemy. It the same thing one says about benzo withdrawal: You can't fully understand how horrible it is until you go through the process yourself. You're getting there!!!!! Just keep on keeping on and before you know it you will be benzo free. I hope you slept well last night. It's an oddity for me. I was sleeping very poorly at the beginning, and once I got past the .5 mg mark my sleep has gotten better. I guess that K turned it's back on me. I can't wait to be rid of it! Such a nasty drug, as can do will attest to.

Bets

Bets, thanks for the note.

Yes I have thyroid problems but now it fluctuates so much I can't get it right and the synthesis made my stomach hurt so bad. We decided to stop it while on Valium and keep eye on the levels.

Right now my doc is thinking hashimotos.

I'm all the time dizzy and weird. It's impossible to tell which came from which

this whole ordeal started with the dizziness and I seem to get worse again.

Don't feel stupid. I don't think most people research the heck out of their meds when you've never have been dealing with anything like  this before. I also was so mad at it .

Is your thyroid ok now?

I'm starting to doubt a bit what will be left once off and if it'll ever go away.

The doc wants be to check for Meniere too. There is no such thing as w test, it's more ruling out other things. And the treatment is good old Ativan. I feel down  right now, thinking what if this is as good as it gets?

Sorry to hear about the sleep, it makes things so much more challenging when we can't rest our bodies and mind. I hope this is something that'll improve for you every day...

Did you happen to cut out gluten for your thyroid issues?

I'm all the time dizzy and weird.

Moodle I felt like this a lot earlier in my taper. Accompanied or not by nausea. Oh lord, the sick dizzies were the worst!!! Dizziness hasn't completely gone away but I would say it is 90% better. I still get a little attack of the dizzies from time to time, which is ridiculous given the tiny amount of valium I am on.

Here's hoping this just fades away for you. I have my fingers crossed that mine will, too. 

changing generic valium?

I am currently on Mylan generic Valium and my p-doc wants me to change to another generic brand as I have felt sick from starting Valium.  Is switching a problem and what brand would be better than what I am on.

Suggestions please

Thanks

I'm all the time dizzy and weird.

Moodle I felt like this a lot earlier in my taper. Accompanied or not by nausea. Oh lord, the sick dizzies were the worst!!! Dizziness hasn't completely gone away but I would say it is 90% better. I still get a little attack of the dizzies from time to time, which is ridiculous given the tiny amount of valium I am on.

Here's hoping this just fades away for you. I have my fingers crossed that mine will, too.

Ugh, Katzzz.

It's just nasty, isn't it?

The sick dizzied are disgusting.

I was just thinking, where else would people know what Sick DIzzies mean , right away?

Here... Here we do. :smitten:

Yes, you would say in this tiny amount ....but  Nohooo. ( I'm on 0.1 mgr Ativan , if I calculate back. That's crazy.)

I hope yours leave soon.

It was much much worse at the start of my taper. But now it's come back. :-\

Hugs

Dang, Moodle. I bet the SDs have come back because of the recent change you made to your dosage -- combining 3 doses into 2. Also, you recently made a cut to 1 mg, right? Your brain is just a little upset. Things are gonna settle for you.  :thumbsup: