Author Topic: Valium/Diazepam Support Group  (Read 851281 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Valium/Diazepam Support Group
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 10:33:47 pm »
I use a 10ml syringe to actually measure out my daily dose, but here's a little tip I picked up when I first started tapering. My kitchen scale measures in mls (which [...] actually the same as grams). I've tested it quite a few times with the 10ml syringe and it [...] very accurate.

So now when I want to make a new batch, I [...] put my glass bottle on the scale, calibrate it to zero, put in the 1ml of the liquid [...] then fill the bottle to 100ml. I use a [...] measuring cup with a pourer, because that's an easier way of getting the water in without spilling it. I usually fill it up to around 95ml and then I finish off with the 10ml syringe very slowly so it doesn't go over 100ml.

I figure that even if it's [...] slightly off, it will be slightly off each time I do it, so I still have the consistancy thing covered. People tell me I'm organised, but I'm really [...] very lazy, and this [...] the lazy way of doing it...lol...
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 11:49:28 pm »
So [...] a little logistics question:
Drawing up 99mls using a syringe [...] irritating me.
I can buy a science grade (albeit school level) glass 100ml measuring cylinder for $5.45.
[...] the accuracy with a measuring cylinder really going to be that far off a syringe?

Yes, it would be off by quite a lot... I forget the rough figure... it [...] why I do not use a cylinder... unless you fill the cylinder with the syringe as a one off and then mark it with a permanent pen...

It's amazing how accurate we have to be in this isn't it?

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 11:51:19 pm »
I am grateful for the information and support I received on the previous thread. Two months after completing a slow Xanax taper I started on [...] reduction. I was in deep trouble and I needed help...I found it here. I will be reading and asking as I slowly [...] toward benzo freedom. I am glad to be here.
Warmly,
[...]

You are doing great on that taper there [...], well done.

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 12:00:20 am »
So [...] a little logistics question:
Drawing up 99mls using a syringe [...] irritating me.
I can buy a science grade (albeit school level) glass 100ml measuring cylinder for $5.45.
[...] the accuracy with a measuring cylinder really going to be that far off a syringe?
s

I have a cylinder,  and 1 mg, 10 mg, and 60 mg syringes.  I compare my syringe measurement to my cylinder, and they are always perfect match.

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 12:56:59 am »
Hi all,

[...] chiming in here. You can see my history, I had a few weeks of pure hell before I found BB and stabilized on [...]. I was oddly fortunate enough to have a former addict sister who had learned a lot about benzos after doing a c/t from 6 mgs of Klonopin in order to get into rehab. She survived and [...] doing fine now. She directed me to this site. It actually brought us much closer as she probably saved my life, I was very suicidal at the time. Then I found the right crowd here and am currently daily tapering .01mg with no symptoms to speak of. I am so grateful. esp to DP who help me learn micro titration. I am 100%+ functional, working and taking care of my 9 and 5 year old kids, planning to resume working on my master's degree in speech language pathology in the spring. So happy to know you all.

-Workin

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 03:07:49 am »
Hi,
I have not been on the former thread for a few days and when I checked now I realized that a new thread has started. I joined the former thread recently in November when I crossed over from .75 Ativan to [...] as I was having a lot of inter-dose withdrawal. This group has been extremely helpful in getting me through the crossover period and in teaching me how to micro taper daily. I had to up dose to 8mg of [...] during the crossover period and [...] in this last week I finally felt that my blood levels were more stable and that I had completed the crossover to [...] only successfully. I began tapering at 0.025 daily a few days ago and so far so good. If I am non symptomatic, I will [...] to .03 daily next week and [...] to be at 7.5mg  in about 2 weeks and continue from there.

As I am sensitive to lactose and the prescription medication has them in the fillers, I have had doses of 2mg, 1mg and .5mg compounded into capsules and so I can experiment with amounts and different times of day. I am now taking around 2.5mg at 10am, and then later in the afternoon around 3-4pm. As I work late, I sometimes [...] to take an extra 1mg at 7pm to tide me over to my bedtime dose. I am reducing a .5mg capsule daily at night by .025 by dissolving it into liquid in addition to my evening total daily dose.

So far so good. I am sure I will keep adjusting this method and perhaps once I get the hang of this I will start reducing a 1mg capsule daily and use the spreadsheets mentioned. For now, I have calculated them myself and written them down manually at least for the next few weeks to get me down to 7.5mg which would be around the equivalent dose to where I was on Ativan.

This [...] a very helpful, positive and supportive thread and filled with lots of useful information as eventually everyone has to find the method of tapering that works best for them. I work full time, my goal [...] to go slow and steady and to be as non symptomatic as possible throughout the taper so it does not take over my life. I tried going to quickly when I first started tapering off of Ativan last year and I really suffered. The ashton method of 10% cuts was too much for my body and even 5% cuts all at once was too much. I like the idea of daily [...] cuts and monitoring the symptoms along the way to avoid problems later.

I have come to the conclusion that as time moves on my body will naturally adjust to the amount of my doses and times of day that work best for me as long as I make the same daily reductions and make sure I do not exceed the total daily dose for that day. I started at 4 times a day and I can feel I am slowly moving to 3 times a day and perhaps eventually twice a day. As I have [...] amounts pre made in capsules I can always add a [...] amount between doses if I am getting symptomatic to tide me over and that seems to work well for me so far.

I wan thank all of the different people who have helped me get this far along and to feel like I have a handle on it. I feel so much better then when I first came on so being patient, finding the right method and time can make a huge difference in the [...] process.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 06:14:17 am »
Hi [...]

It's great to hear that you've got everything under control. It gives you such a sense of power doesn't it?  I'm sure you're going to do really well.

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 08:45:13 am »
Hi there,

I might have missed it, but [...] anyone taking the liquid diazepam prescribed by their GP?
My GP has [...] told me that he will prescribe the liquid now that I am down past 5mg. I am at 3mg tablets [cut and hold] at present and holding until after Christmas. 

I don't think I have seen many posts re the prescription liquid and have wondered why. Your comments would be appreciated

Many thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 09:32:38 am »
Hey Dorothy

Quite a few of us are on the prescription liquid - myself, Diazpam, [...] (I think).
Did you have any specific questions? What country are you at because different ones are available in different countries.

Peace
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 11:09:43 am »
Hi [...],

I am in the UK.  I haven't changed to liquid yet, will do so in the New Year. Am not really sure about reduction. Am currently taking all my dose at night, which stops me thinking about it during day. [3mg currently].
Looking on this site it does seem that very [...] daily reductions seem to suit most people.  I don't really want to overthink as it makes me anxious.  I imagine so many ml = so many mg.  Would appreciate it if you could give me any pointers.

Many thanks
Dorothy