Author Topic: Valium/Diazepam Support Group  (Read 862044 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Valium/Diazepam Support Group
« Reply #23070 on: July 27, 2022, 12:10:42 am »
No one here to help me ? :(

This place has been quieter than usual. And I haven't switched, and gone back, so I'm not experienced with that. If I understood your post correctly, you crossed from 1 mg Ativan to 7 mg [...] in two weeks. You didn't follow Ashton's crossover guidelines, you went to fast. You also should have crossed over to 10 mg, waited until you are stable, and then start your taper. Since you already went through some withdrawal, you might be able to get stable on 8 mg rather than 10 mg of [...]. You [...] to hold and wait for your body to build up the [...], this takes time because it [...] a long-acting benzo, not a fast-acting one. The advantage of switching to V [...] to avoid interdose w/d you get with short-acting ones like Ativan. Your symptoms tell me you are not stable, and not ready to cut and taper. Stable doesn't mean symptom-free, it means functional with tolerable symptoms. It's minimizing the suffering to where you can care for yourself.   

There are people on this forum better at this than me. I was one of those lucky few that was able to cross-over from Klonopin to [...], and did it a little faster because I had more clarity on [...]. I'm an exception, there are people who had a hard time switching. A few switched back, and tapered directly off their original benzo. There are people who know how to do that, I do not. I wish I could give you the answers you seek, you could [...] posting on the main board, where you might get more responses. Here on the [...] board, it's more for people who are tapering off of [...] that they had already successfully crossed over to, or were originally prescribed.

Some people don't tolerate [...], Librium [...] an alternative, your pharmacist might have to order it for you. Some members have had success using Librium instead. I don't know if I was of much help. Sorry.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23071 on: July 27, 2022, 09:34:44 am »
Thank you, Iím desperately trying to stabilize on 7,5 but doesnít work. Iím losing itÖ no sleep for weeks heart pounding, panic, only arousal and excited nerves, all symptoms on the listÖ I [...] help but canít find it. Itís hard for me to get in touch here with people I created some new topics on substitution board but no one answers.
This place has been quieter than usual. And I haven't switched, and gone back, so I'm not experienced with that. If I understood your post correctly, you crossed from 1 mg Ativan to 7 mg [...] in two weeks. You didn't follow Ashton's crossover guidelines, you went to fast. You also should have crossed over to 10 mg, waited until you are stable, and then start your taper. Since you already went through some withdrawal, you might be able to get stable on 8 mg rather than 10 mg of [...]. You [...] to hold and wait for your body to build up the [...], this takes time because it [...] a long-acting benzo, not a fast-acting one. The advantage of switching to V [...] to avoid interdose w/d you get with short-acting ones like Ativan. Your symptoms tell me you are not stable, and not ready to cut and taper. Stable doesn't mean symptom-free, it means functional with tolerable symptoms. It's minimizing the suffering to where you can care for yourself.   

There are people on this forum better at this than me. I was one of those lucky few that was able to cross-over from Klonopin to [...], and did it a little faster because I had more clarity on [...]. I'm an exception, there are people who had a hard time switching. A few switched back, and tapered directly off their original benzo. There are people who know how to do that, I do not. I wish I could give you the answers you seek, you could [...] posting on the main board, where you might get more responses. Here on the [...] board, it's more for people who are tapering off of [...] that they had already successfully crossed over to, or were originally prescribed.

Some people don't tolerate [...], Librium [...] an alternative, your pharmacist might have to order it for you. Some members have had success using Librium instead. I don't know if I was of much help. Sorry.

Edit: Fixed quote
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 12:16:18 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23072 on: July 27, 2022, 06:42:54 pm »
Thank you, Iím desperately trying to stabilize on 7,5 but doesnít work. Iím losing itÖ no sleep for weeks heart pounding, panic, only arousal and excited nerves, all symptoms on the listÖ I [...] help but canít find it. Itís hard for me to get in touch here with people I created some new topics on substitution board but no one answers.

Best I can suggest [...] that you hang in there, and give time for the [...] to work. It will kick in, and your symptoms should gradually wane. I know that when I cut my dose, my symptoms start peaking about halfway through. And then they go down. You might be at your peak now, definitely don't start cutting until symptoms are manageable. Sometimes I get answers by searching for old posts, the same questions get repeated. I know of people who switched to [...], and ended up going back to Ativan or Xanax that they were originally on. I know it can be done. And you can taper off of them, but it's much easier using [...] or Librium. There are some tapering off of Librium, it [...] similar to [...]. Hopefully somebody responds to your posts elsewhere. Who [...] prescribing your benzo's? Have you discussed this with that medical provider?

[Buddie]

« Reply #23073 on: August 05, 2022, 12:23:58 am »
Tonight I begin my Ashton c/o from Temaz to [...].  When its done, Ill taper the Xanax although I dont see how that will fit into my MD's plan.  Im hoping to [...]taper [...] of my age.  I have a question though.  Should I stager the T and V to spread it out and use the low dose Xanax prn for anxiety?   I can't cut both at the same time.  If I do stagger it, would it be better to take the Temaz before the [...] so that I can sleep at night?  Insomnia has been my biggest habituation withdrawal symptom along with loud tinnitus and its been wearing me down since Oct 2021.  Should I expect to be drowsy from the [...]?  I have turned down offers of Gabapentin, Remeron and Trazedone so Im going to give this a [...] even though I am apprehensive about change.  Any advice helpful.  Thanks.

Peace to alll.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23074 on: August 08, 2022, 02:25:18 am »
Are you taking both Xanax and [...]? I c/o from k to [...]. Took both for a little bit and then dropped the k under the care of a Dr.I do know the [...] made me very [...] at first but I was taking 30 mgV. Maybe someone else will chime in and help with your other question.

God Bless!🙏🏻

[Buddie]

« Reply #23075 on: August 08, 2022, 01:55:30 pm »
Tapering Temazepam first but Im so sick today - not sure I can make this.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23076 on: August 09, 2022, 11:35:36 pm »
Iím sorry you are not feeling well.I wish I knew more about your other med. Hang in there!

[Buddie]

« Reply #23077 on: August 12, 2022, 05:05:35 pm »
Hi all
I made a diazepam cut last Monday 1st August and I was doing great till Tuesday 9th August. It was a very [...] cut from 16mg to 15.75mg.
All my usual withdrawal symptoms have  :'( rushing back in - no appetite, loss of sleep, no concentration, [...] stop talking about myself, feelings of wanting to give up and not wanting to go outside. I cannot believe it as thought I was [...] doing a really [...] cut.
I also changed a progesterone patch.
Can you please advise?
a) how long [...] it normally till you feel a cut?
b) how do you talk yourself down from this high point of anxiety and doom?
Sorry and thank you [...]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 04:43:01 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #23078 on: August 14, 2022, 02:45:02 am »
[...] Maybe someone will chime in who [...] better able to answer your questions. I [...] cut to 1 from 1 1/2 on the 10th and praying it will keep going okay. My Sinuses hurt and head feels full Iím wandering if that [...] [...] symptoms or the weather changing. I know cutting back on caffeine helped me. Prayers you will get relief soon!🙏🏻
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23079 on: August 15, 2022, 08:09:18 am »
Thank you [...]. Mot been taking hardly any caffeine here. Lots of lemon and ginger tea. Have you had withdrawal symptoms on your way down?
[...] Maybe someone will chime in who [...] better able to answer your questions. I [...] cut to 1 from 1 1/2 on the 10th and praying it will keep going okay. My Sinuses hurt and head feels full Iím wandering if that [...] [...] symptoms or the weather changing. I know cutting back on caffeine helped me. Prayers you will get relief soon!🙏🏻
[...]