Author Topic: Valium/Diazepam Support Group  (Read 842057 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Valium/Diazepam Support Group
« Reply #23000 on: May 19, 2022, 10:44:22 pm »
Are you supposed to [...] around with ashton 4x doses per day to start?  It doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
 Has anyone crossed over from a   taper and not held with the old med when starting ashton?
I'm about to go into stage 4 tomorrow (week Four) where you keep cutting the xanax another dose (from .5 to .25), and that will mean I'm doing that for all four doses per day. Her schedule says to take 5mg diazepam with those four doses at this stage>  I'm so dizzy and weak...dealing with bad depression.  I feel like it would be bad idea to completely take away all xanax and go [...] with the four 5mg of diazepam.  I could be wrong.

I'm a 26 year prescribed user of xanax.  I was tapering here for nearly 8 months off xanax (non-ash ton) and got down to about 1.6mg dosed evenly 4 times per day with a gram scale. I could not get below that without horrible symptoms, and even at that 1.6 I felt bad.So, when I started Ashton nearly 4 weeks ago, I started from a 2mg per day schedule.

[...] it unheard of to dump the xanax all together and [...] go with the [...]?   Maybe 20mg. [...] too strong 4x 5mg/ day.

Maybe this [...] [...] how it [...] supposed to feel.  Sedated and moody and it [...] pretty awful depression and agoraphobia has worsened.  I feel that benzo fear and jumpy when I hear the tiniest of sounds.  My family [...] about done with me.  I'm starting to think I'm crazy again, thinking I am a benzo hypochondric.

People say they get rid of their daytime doses.  Do they mean before ashton schedule says to do so?
I notice most of the posts I read here are from non-long-term users.  But I suppose in the benzo world 5 years could be considered long-term.  I'm [...] as confused as when I first started here, and that was a horrible, anxiety producing feeling.

I have-not updated my med signature in detail yet. Honestly I have not had the energy to sit at my computer.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23001 on: May 19, 2022, 11:13:08 pm »
Are you supposed to [...] around with ashton 4x doses per day to start?  It doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
 Has anyone crossed over from a   taper and not held with the old med when starting ashton?
I'm about to go into stage 4 tomorrow (week Four) where you keep cutting the xanax another dose (from .5 to .25), and that will mean I'm doing that for all four doses per day. Her schedule says to take 5mg diazepam with those four doses at this stage>  I'm so dizzy and weak...dealing with bad depression.  I feel like it would be bad idea to completely take away all xanax and go [...] with the four 5mg of diazepam.  I could be wrong.

I'm a 26 year prescribed user of xanax.  I was tapering here for nearly 8 months off xanax (non-ash ton) and got down to about 1.6mg dosed evenly 4 times per day with a gram scale. I could not get below that without horrible symptoms, and even at that 1.6 I felt bad.So, when I started Ashton nearly 4 weeks ago, I started from a 2mg per day schedule.

[...] it unheard of to dump the xanax all together and [...] go with the [...]?   Maybe 20mg. [...] too strong 4x 5mg/ day.

Maybe this [...] [...] how it [...] supposed to feel.  Sedated and moody and it [...] pretty awful depression and agoraphobia has worsened.  I feel that benzo fear and jumpy when I hear the tiniest of sounds.  My family [...] about done with me.  I'm starting to think I'm crazy again, thinking I am a benzo hypochondric.

People say they get rid of their daytime doses.  Do they mean before ashton schedule says to do so?
I notice most of the posts I read here are from non-long-term users.  But I suppose in the benzo world 5 years could be considered long-term.  I'm [...] as confused as when I first started here, and that was a horrible, anxiety producing feeling.

I have-not updated my med signature in detail yet. Honestly I have not had the energy to sit at my computer.

Hi [...], Iím sorry this [...] hard for you. I donít know your detailed crossover plan but I would offer two things. First yes [...] can be very sedating and depressive during the crossover. It was for me. But it does get better as you taper. I took advantage of this factor by crossing over with slightly less [...] on my midday dose and it helped. The other suggestion [...] if you donít feel comfortable wait another week or so and see if you can stabilize. Itís best to stabilize after each change anyway. After I crossed over I gave it at least a week or a bit longer before the next change.
To answer your question on the midday doses. I followed Ashton and [...] tapered my midday doses first. I am not aware of anyone dropping those doses. They [...] have changed their dosing times or moved a mid day dose to night.
[...] this helps
[...]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:25:04 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23002 on: May 20, 2022, 12:51:53 am »
I'm faring great so far. Quit [...] March 31st. Minor to no [...] withdrawal symptoms. [...] sometimes feeling out of it in my mind and can't handle stress well.

Congrats on finishing!! [...] you stay in a world of windows 🙌🏾 No matter what, the poison [...] gone and the [...] begins!
I'm at 5mg now, [...] got there 2 days ago! gonna hold for about 2 weeks to be sure i'm stable.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23003 on: May 20, 2022, 01:16:17 am »
Thank you so very much, [...]. You gave me some good feedback. Thank you for understanding where Iím at gong through this. I appreciate you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23004 on: May 20, 2022, 01:40:52 am »
Thank you so very much, [...]. You gave me some good feedback. Thank you for understanding where Iím at gong through this. I appreciate you.
Your very [...], glad I was able to help.
I feel you on how hard this [...], praying for [...] for you and all of us in this [...]
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23005 on: May 21, 2022, 12:59:54 pm »
Since her last cut, daughter [...] having a problem with dizziness. She says the room seems to slant. Any advice?

[Buddie]

« Reply #23006 on: May 21, 2022, 06:56:39 pm »
Since her last cut, daughter [...] having a problem with dizziness. She says the room seems to slant. Any advice?

Hi [...]. Dizziness [...] a very common symptom. ATM it's killing me together with the headache. FWIW, as I've been tapering for a long time now, all I know to make symptoms improve so far [...] to hold my taper for a while. There are different opinions though.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23007 on: May 23, 2022, 01:59:47 pm »
I'm very kindled and very sick on Ativan that I very quickly developed tolerance to after doctor gave it to me postcovid. We've been trying many things including trying to cross over to Klonopin which made me really sick. Now trying to cross over to [...] and tried our first trial on Saturday. I took my typical Ativan doses and added in a [...] dose which lasted 2 and 1/2 hours and afterwards I got way worse at a van withdrawal symptoms. And that wasonly a 5 mg

[Buddie]

« Reply #23008 on: May 24, 2022, 05:17:01 pm »
[...] about this:

I took my typical Ativan doses and added in a [...] dose which lasted 2 and 1/2 hours and afterwards I got way worse at a van withdrawal symptoms. And that was only a 5 mg

This [...] not how an ativan to [...] crossover works. You don't [...] take 5 mgs (!) of the drug you are trying to cross to. No wonder you feel bad. You do it stepwise. You delete some ativan and replace it with [...]. I crossed from ativan to [...] and I used Ashton's crossover schedule. it's here:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

Look for Schedule 3.

[...] you can probably fix the rotten way you feel but you have to be systematic about it and understand what you're doing.

[...] this helps,

[...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #23009 on: May 24, 2022, 05:33:47 pm »
I did the same as you [...].
Changed one dose at a time over a 4 week block. It got easier the further through you got the [...] into you
[...] about this:

I took my typical Ativan doses and added in a [...] dose which lasted 2 and 1/2 hours and afterwards I got way worse at a van withdrawal symptoms. And that was only a 5 mg

This [...] not how an ativan to [...] crossover works. You don't [...] take 5 mgs (!) of the drug you are trying to cross to. No wonder you feel bad. You do it stepwise. You delete some ativan and replace it with [...]. I crossed from ativan to [...] and I used Ashton's crossover schedule. it's here:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

Look for Schedule 3.

[...] you can probably fix the rotten way you feel but you have to be systematic about it and understand what you're doing.

[...] this helps,

[...].