Author Topic: Valium/Diazepam Support Group  (Read 703821 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Valium/Diazepam Support Group
« Reply #21510 on: October 17, 2020, 04:50:11 pm »
[...], I'm glad you mentioned GABA receptors in the gut. I take GABA supplements and although it doesn't cross the BBB I feel that it helps my benzo belly. I think I read that the gut also produces more Serotonin than any part of the body. It was one of the main things my Function [...] had me address

What's the name of the supplements, I would love to read up on them  ;)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21511 on: October 17, 2020, 08:20:02 pm »
Hi group

I got a kick out of my [...] on a zoom appointment. Told him I am down to 3.2 mg. He said to continue with your 5 to 10% and don't worry about it (like Ashton states in her manual). I asked him what he thought about my 3.2 mg dose and he smiled and said--that's a baby dose.

Also, have a question about benzo belly. I came across the term and wondered if anyone has had the sx while tapering V.

Cheers

PS - [...] et al. Glad you found my V metabolite comment to be interesting. Appreciate it.

Yes, benzo belly [...] pretty common [...],  my guess a huge majority of us have it or had it.  I have it off and on.   Lots of gaba receptors in the stomach.   :). Very unpleasant, the worst [...] how big your tummy can blow up.   :(

Thanks [...] for the confirmation.

Indeed, the tummy expands like one has consumed a soccer ball.

And a cacohonic uproar in the gut! Seems better today.

Cheers

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21512 on: October 18, 2020, 01:16:00 am »
Hi, I have a question for the group. I'm very new at this. So far I've been cutting every 3 wEeks. I've been feeling [...] but no great. This time I've waited a couple more days. I when am I in danger of reaching tolerance. I'm pretty sure I'm not one of those people that can cut and hold for months. When I have a few days or feeling good or better [...] that my cue to cUt?  Thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #21513 on: October 18, 2020, 01:53:08 am »
[...], I usually give it a week of feeling good before I start making cuts. The way tolerance was explained to me [...] that youíre on a [...] amount of drug and itís no longer doing what it did. If you are tapering then itís withdrawal, not tolerance. I [...] that makes sense.  :o The thing to pay attention to [...] your symptoms. [...] [...] sneaky because it and itís metabolites have a long half-life. That means symptoms can sneak up on you. The other thing [...] that you go as fast as you are comfortable. If youíre comfortable with a certain level of symptoms then stick with a particular taper rate.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21514 on: October 18, 2020, 09:07:04 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I am functional but not feeling great. i am able to cook drive spend time with the family and do some online work during the week.  Some days, I have [...] a couple of meetings other days, my meetings are all day. Other days I'm laying down.  I have faint anxiety most of the day and I have constant chills. I also have depresion, which I never had until [...]. I'm going to wait a few more days to cut 1 mg from my afternoon dose. Thanks again

[Buddie]

« Reply #21515 on: October 19, 2020, 01:56:25 am »
[...], I'm glad you mentioned GABA receptors in the gut. I take GABA supplements and although it doesn't cross the BBB I feel that it helps my benzo belly. I think I read that the gut also produces more Serotonin than any part of the body. It was one of the main things my Functional [...] had me address

[Buddie]

« Reply #21516 on: October 19, 2020, 01:59:25 am »
[...], I'm glad you mentioned GABA receptors in the gut. I take GABA supplements and although it doesn't cross the BBB I feel that it helps my benzo belly. I think I read that the gut also produces more Serotonin than any part of the body. It was one of the main things my Function [...] had me address

What's the name of the supplements, I would love to read up on them  ;)

Hi [...]. It's Now GABA 500 mgs

[Buddie]

« Reply #21517 on: October 19, 2020, 02:05:44 am »
Hi, I have a question for the group. I'm very new at this. So far I've been cutting every 3 wEeks. I've been feeling [...] but no great. This time I've waited a couple more days. I when am I in danger of reaching tolerance. I'm pretty sure I'm not one of those people that can cut and hold for months. When I have a few days or feeling good or better [...] that my cue to cUt?  Thanks

I agree with Kit, I would not worry about tolerance and I would definitely not let it be a factor in how fast you taper. I've held for 6 months and 2 years on [...] and have only felt better after each hold.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21518 on: October 19, 2020, 12:18:29 pm »

I agree with Kit, I would not worry about tolerance and I would definitely not let it be a factor in how fast you taper. I've held for 6 months and 2 years on [...] and have only felt better after each hold.

Great advice for sure.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21519 on: October 19, 2020, 11:56:41 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  waiting a month versus cutting at 3 weeks made a big difference. I had more energy and way more functional. [...]