Author Topic: Valium/Diazepam Support Group  (Read 691710 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Valium/Diazepam Support Group
« Reply #21340 on: July 17, 2020, 08:46:22 pm »
I'm going to switch over to 15 mg of [...] in the morning and 15 mg of [...] in the evening coming from 1 Ativan and 12 mg of [...]. I did a cold turkey before for 4 days and the benzos have less effect on me. I once took 12 mg of [...] in the morning and I had withdrawal in the midday. What are the chances of it backfiring on me?
Could someone reply to this? Thank you

Sorry you're going through a rough patch. When I tried to CT it took me months to stabalize. Do you think your interdose WD might be coming from your CT? I'm not sure what you mean that "benzos  have less effect on me". It seemed like my CT made me hypersensitive to benzos. Anytime we make changes like CTs or C/[...] it can have a big effect on our CNS. I would hold until your CNS adjusts to those changes.
Thank you for your reply. I wish I became hypersensitive to the benzos, but the opposite happened. The benzos started working less effectively, normally I could last for 8 hours with a 1 mg of Ativan. Now I can only last for 4 to 5 hours and I will get interdose withdrawal. I had interdose withdrawal before the CT as well so it's not from that I think. I [...] ordered my first box of 30 tablets of 10 mg [...] per tablet. I'm going to do either 10 10 10 or 15 15. I think I will get withdrawal when doing the 10 10 10 so I'm going to [...] the 15 15 first.

I think the [...] should help as it has a longer half life.  When I was in your situation, I started panicking and felt the only remedy was to start tapering again. I learned through my mistakes that the only solution (for me) was to hold and get stable. Like I said it took me 6 months when I tried to CT
I was scammed ordering my online [...] I'[...] have to find a different source..

Iím sorry that happened to you. It can be very tricky ordering [...] online because quality isnít guaranteed and sometimes it can be confiscated by the shipping company (or government) before it ever arrives. Iím assuming youíve been unable to find a doctor that [...] willing to prescribe to you? I [...] you find a solution soon. Be well.
I can't find a doctor yet that [...] able to prescribe me 15 mg of [...] 2 times a day. Thank you for your support.

Man I'm sorry you're going though this. I can relate. My idiot prescribed hydrocodone for my fibromyalgia, got me hooked and then cut me off. I had to CT and that was the worst experience in my life. I've come to hate the medical establishment. So are you on 1 mg Ativan and 7 mg [...]?
Yeah and 5 mg of [...] extra at night to not get [...] cravings in the morning. Before I only took 1 mg of Ativan at 12 am and 7 mg of [...] at 5 pm but the mornings were too rough so I changed the [...] time to 1 pm and the Ativan to 9 am.

Yeah I hate the medical establishment especially the psychiatry a lot too.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21341 on: July 18, 2020, 01:21:05 am »
I'm going to switch over to 15 mg of [...] in the morning and 15 mg of [...] in the evening coming from 1 Ativan and 12 mg of [...]. I did a cold turkey before for 4 days and the benzos have less effect on me. I once took 12 mg of [...] in the morning and I had withdrawal in the midday. What are the chances of it backfiring on me?

Sorry you're going through a rough patch. When I tried to CT it took me months to stabalize. Do you think your interdose WD might be coming from your CT? I'm not sure what you mean that "benzos  have less effect on me". It seemed like my CT made me hypersensitive to benzos. Anytime we make changes like CTs or C/[...] it can have a big effect on our CNS. I would hold until your CNS adjusts to those changes.
Thank you for your reply. I wish I became hypersensitive to the benzos, but the opposite happened. The benzos started working less effectively, normally I could last for 8 hours with a 1 mg of Ativan. Now I can only last for 4 to 5 hours and I will get interdose withdrawal. I had interdose withdrawal before the CT as well so it's not from that I think. I [...] ordered my first box of 30 tablets of 10 mg [...] per tablet. I'm going to do either 10 10 10 or 15 15. I think I will get withdrawal when doing the 10 10 10 so I'm going to [...] the 15 15 first.

I think the [...] should help as it has a longer half life.  When I was in your situation, I started panicking and felt the only remedy was to start tapering again. I learned through my mistakes that the only solution (for me) was to hold and get stable. Like I said it took me 6 months when I tried to CT
I was scammed ordering my online [...] I'[...] have to find a different source..

Iím sorry that happened to you. It can be very tricky ordering [...] online because quality isnít guaranteed and sometimes it can be confiscated by the shipping company (or government) before it ever arrives. Iím assuming youíve been unable to find a doctor that [...] willing to prescribe to you? I [...] you find a solution soon. Be well.
I can't find a doctor yet that [...] able to prescribe me 15 mg of [...] 2 times a day. Thank you for your support.

Man I'm sorry you're going though this. I can relate. My idiot prescribed hydrocodone for my fibromyalgia, got me hooked and then cut me off. I had to CT and that was the worst experience in my life. I've come to hate the medical establishment. So are you on 1 mg Ativan and 7 mg [...]?
Yeah and 5 mg of [...] extra at night to not get [...] cravings in the morning. Before I only took 1 mg of Ativan at 12 am and 7 mg of [...] at 5 pm but the mornings were too rough so I changed the [...] time to 1 pm and the Ativan to 9 am.

Well I [...] things work out for you. It would be nice to [...] be on [...] and I don't know why your [...] doesn't [...] do it.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21342 on: July 18, 2020, 06:43:46 am »

Well I [...] things work out for you. It would be nice to [...] be on [...] and I don't know why your [...] doesn't [...] do it.
Thank you. Yeah these docs in the Netherlands prescribe only 5 mg per 1 mg of Ativan it's so annoying.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21343 on: August 10, 2020, 09:43:44 pm »
Hi group:

Been a bit quiet around these parts. Summers slows down all activity in general, but this summer [...] a real melancholy summer in USA and the world. A bummer of a summer in far too many ways.

It has been 4 months since my last, relatively large reduction.

Most physical sx's have abated, e.g. eye twitching, etc. Though still have moderate yet tolerable tinnitus which seems to be improving.

So, will begin again with a conservative drop of 5% 4.0 mg to 3.8 mg. I take dose once a day in early evening.

Often, I look at the bottle and say to myself: [...] you don't really want to take this: Do you? I feel like I am on methadone maintence. So, I look at myself in the mirror juggling the bottle of liquid V while insering the syringe - night after night.

In fact, I feel no noticable effects yet understand its influence must be very subtle and imperceptable with low doses. Certainly, those Gaba receptors are expecting their nightly feeding!! If I had anxiety of any sort the dose would likely be highly ineffective. And of course V has an extremely long half life. In addition, fortunately, it [...] one of the weaker benzos unlike the beastly X and others in the short half life high powered category.

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 09:50:11 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #21344 on: August 10, 2020, 10:23:20 pm »
[...], good to hear from you!!  Sounds like you are doing really well, that's great to hear.  [...] this next reduction [...] an easy one !!  Please stay safe, [...] 🙋🏼🙋🏼.  ♥️🙏😘😷♥️🙏😘😷♥️

[Buddie]

« Reply #21345 on: August 11, 2020, 01:54:56 am »
Hi, I'm new to the group.  I was on xanax for only 2 months. CT and it was horrible.  Went to ER after losing 50 pounds.   A Dr. agreed to support me with the Ashton Manual.   I'm currently on 20 Diazapam  5 am  5 afternoon 10 at night.  I'm starting to see the xanax withdraw slip away which [...] good.  But I'm very [...] during the day.  I'm nervous about making my first cut.  Were you able to make bigger cuts in the beginning? and then slow down when you got lower. I'm willing to go as slow as possible to help heal my brain.  thanks

[Buddie]

« Reply #21346 on: August 11, 2020, 01:00:30 pm »
[...], that's a tough question.  You were only on a very short time but the cold turkey could have caused a problem.   [...] made me very [...] too, a lot of people adjust to the med very quickly, but [...] to be safe, I would start out slow.  If you are doing good and feel as if you can speed up later, then [...] to go faster then.  Always let your symptoms be your guide.   Good luck, let us know how you are !
🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼. [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #21347 on: August 11, 2020, 07:01:52 pm »
[...], [...] [...] super sedating, no surprise you feel [...]. I was able to make fairly large cuts when I first started tapering, but had to make much smaller cuts as I got lower. The only thing [...], I wasnít also recovering from a CT. I would proceed with caution.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21348 on: August 11, 2020, 11:03:31 pm »
Thank you for your support.  [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #21349 on: August 12, 2020, 07:29:29 pm »
Thank you [...].
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi---[...]. What helped me was getting 2 mg tabs. They are scored and are easy to break down into 1 mg sections. Gives a bit more control and accuracy. Then later, if neccessary, you can consider the liquid V to titrate down by fractions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The online benzo equivalent calculators produce some overstated and erroneous results.  One returned 3.8 mg V as equivalent of .50 mg X.
3.8 mg ought to be around .18 mg X equivalent. I like to compare V dosage between the more powerful benzos, in particular, the beastly X.

Did find this physicans guide which reflects the Ashton convertions. https://physicians.utah.edu/echo/pdfs/sedative-hypnotic-equivalency-chart.pdf

V to X would be:

V            X
10 mg - .50 mg
9 mg - .45 mg
8 mg - .40 mg
7 mg - .35 mg
6 mg - .30 mg
5 mg - .25 mg
4 mg - .20 mg
3 mg - .15 mg
2 mg - .10 mg
1 mg - .05 mg (negligible)

Cheers