Need Titration Schedule from .25 mg of Clonazepam

[mu...]

Hi Everyone!!... I'm currently at half a .5mg tablet of clonazepam (Klonopin) every night. That's .250mgs. I'm having loads of trouble getting off this. I tried cutting it in half again. .125mg but I get all the horrible withdrawal side effects about 4 -5 days later. I'm looking for a titration schedule to get me off .250mgs. I've ordered my cylinder and mortar and pestle already. Is it best to crush a whole pill and titrate with that or is it accurate enough to cut the pill in half and use that to start the titration? The pills are scored in halves and quarters. Thanks a load for your replies.

Hi Everyone!!... I'm currently at half a .5mg tablet of clonazepam (Klonopin) every night. That's .250mgs. I'm having loads of trouble getting off this. I tried cutting it in half again. .125mg but I get all the horrible withdrawal side effects about 4 -5 days later. I'm looking for a titration schedule to get me off .250mgs. I've ordered my cylinder and mortar and pestle already. Is it best to crush a whole pill and titrate with that or is it accurate enough to cut the pill in half and use that to start the titration? The pills are scored in halves and quarters. Thanks a load for your replies.

Hi muskyhunter,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! We recommend crushing the whole pill for accuracy. You need to let Colin know at what percentage you want to reduce by. I think the norm is 10% every 10-12 days. Let Colin know when you get your cylinder and he can give you a schedule within a day or two. You may also want to pick up a 10ml syringe. I got mine at the pharmacy for .20 cents each. Take care!

T2 :smitten:

Hi Muskyhunter,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Get back to us when you have the equipment, and suggest a start date, and I'll draw up the schedule for you.

As Beeper wrote, about 10 ever 7-14 days is the rate at which most people taper, but it all comes down to what has worked for you in the past. However, at a low dose, we calculate the taper rate somewhat differently. I can still draw a plan for you. I suggest that you would taper off your final 0.25mg over a few weeks - maybe a month.

Let us know what you think.