Back of the neck

[bm...]

For a month and a half I have been dealing with back of the neck pressure. I don't have any swollen lymph nodes, and it's not in the exact middle where my spine is. It's under my occipital area in the muscles that are to the side of the spine. It's a tingling pressure sensation that makes me nauseas. If I rub the muscles they are tender, it also feels like my throat is tight like my muscles are pushing into the back of my throat. At times the area is hot to the touch. I have been off of Klonopin for 23 months and off of alcohol for 2 months. I'm still achy, nauseas, shaky, weak, diZzy, blurry vision, red watery eyes, I have more energy then I did before but I still get weak after I work out mildly. I just need someone to explain what's going on with me? Thanks.

i think it must have something to do with the fat tissues , it takes a very long time

for this benzo-crap to come off again, but they say it does.

if you read the 2 links at my signature you will understand.

take care and i hope this will be over for you soon. :)

i have the same pressure on the occipital area of my neck too. it's so unbelievably tight. i think it's from what my brain is doing. sometimes i just feel all my muscles squeeze and pull up and there's nothing i can do because i really think it's from the brain being so revved up.

i just think it's all wd and will take some more time. when i go to my physical therapy, he really works into that area and it feels good while he's massaging it. i feel like i need a longer and deeper massage though.

hope you feel better soon and just know it's all normal from the wd. 23 months it good! you should be getting some windows, huh?

bmwzw,

GABA is the neurotransmitter that puts the brakes on all the others.  There is no more benzo in your system, and the others are just firing like mad to give you all sorts of erroneous sensations.  I have the symptom you described as well, 15 months clean of Ativan.

It, like all symptoms, is worse when you think about it, and will pass with time.

Be well and good luck,

Ramcon1

I had this really bad during my taper and it flared up last night. I went to physio regularly and massage during my worst neck pain times. They taught me how to massage my neck to relieve this pain. Applying heat is very soothing.

Neck pain is a very common symptom of anxiety and depression, which are part of the benzo withdrawal symptoms.

I know during my day I unconsciously let my shoulders tense all through the day, which causes neck pain. Drop your shoulders and let that tension out! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for all of your great answers.  It's a very achy, gnawing feeling that is deep in the muscles and is there 24/7, it's the worst when I wake up because it's really intense and achy and then during the day it just remains the same.  I just had a major massage done on my neck only and it didn't help at all. The aching is making me nauseas and makes my throat feel tight.  This all started 2 months ago for now reason at all.

This sensation is an achy, tender sensation that is in the back of the neck in the center, not in the occipital area, underneath on both sides, not exactly in the direct center of the spine.

This sensation is an achy, tender sensation that is in the back of the neck in the center, not in the occipital area, underneath on both sides, not exactly in the direct center of the spine.

i have that tender sensation on the both sides of the neck too. sometimes it's so achy and tender i have to take an excedrin which i just did. sometimes i have to take an excedrin along with a benadryl which takes the pain away for a little bit. i really think when the brain is healed-it will feel better.

Hmmm...the heat and nausea bits sound strange.  Not sure what would cause that.  The back of my head/neck was super painful and spasm-y during the first week or so of my w/d.  Massage and a heating pad helped greatly. 

Thanks pretty daisies. I can't get rid of the tingling pressure in the temples, neck and eyes. It's making me nauseated!

i know, it makes me nauseated too. i am just waiting and waiting for all these symptoms to go away. it will go away at some point--it can't last forever.